Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Khaeros - It so crazy...  (Read 6983 times)

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Khaeros - It so crazy...
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 05:43:41 pm »

Well, the quick reference? Alyrians are terrible. No one takes them seriously. They've a long history of having their homelands utterly destroyed ((three times so far!)) And not taking sides during conflicts that directly concern them.

Basically Elves

Much better off making a racist, sexist Tyrean.

Being Alyrian doesn't necessarily imply that I'm going to side with them. You can chose faction regardless of your race, correct?

They've a long history of having their homelands utterly destroyed ((three times so far!))

I can relate.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »

Being Alyrian doesn't necessarily imply that I'm going to side with them. You can chose faction regardless of your race, correct?

Well, yes and no. On one hand sure, you don't HAVE to play as an Alyrian loyal to his race instead of foreign aggressors. But on the other, a racial background is not just a different skin tone. So an Alyrian would be very different then say, a Vhalurian even if they were allied towards the same goal. For instance Alyrians don't so much respect law so much as an unspoken moral code of what is right and what is not. Back in the day even the bandits and assassin's of Alyria did this, and they were not the sort that let people triffle with them. Nowadays not so much. Even if you weren't loyal to the now dispersed droves of you kin, there'd be some sort of recentment towards a few groups. The most powerful mage in history basically atom bombed your ancestral home. After your people made another one, the ((old)) Church of the Empire called them all heretics for praying to their old gods, and burned it to the ground. Finally after that, the Mhordul ((who'd basically saved your people from exstinction)) finally got tired of honoring an alliance that did not serve to strengthen their people, and that led to the most recent exoddus.

And Mhordul? They pretty much don't blend in anywhere but with other mhords due to their near primal approach to all things. The only sort you'd find abroad NOT in a war party would likely be an outcast turned mercenary. That and people naturally hate Mhordul for their past deeds ((most lump them in with ogres and goblins, rather then people))
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 02:39:46 am »

I like playing for the underdogs, playing for the strong brings no sense of achievement or challenge.

katwithk

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist likes kats for their calmness and logic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 03:04:13 am »

Thread necromancy justification: This server has also undergone a necromantic revival. Growing from 3 to 30 active players in less than two weeks time. Come join us.
A tall, slender creature fond of coffee and computers.

clone95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 01:16:54 pm »

Literally the first thing that happened when I joined your IRC was a guy PMing me telling me it wasn't very newbie friendly...

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 02:02:28 pm »

Would try. But UO installer tells me not to. It hogs everything in my new(ish) rig and still won't run. And no, compability modes don't do anything.

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 02:35:01 pm »

I just recently applied, and was accepted in about 15 minutes. So if you're looking to apply, now's a good time apparently lol

katwithk

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist likes kats for their calmness and logic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2014, 02:48:39 pm »

Would try. But UO installer tells me not to. It hogs everything in my new(ish) rig and still won't run. And no, compability modes don't do anything.

Usually with the UO installer you have to start it and then let it got for like 2-12 minutes before the actual program itself launches. I don't know why, so don't ask me. Also, be sure you're using the UO client on the website, as with most Custom servers a very specific version of the client is required for the patches to apply properly.

EDIT: as for people PMing you to tell you it's not noobie friendly, I have two things to say to that

1: We have recently had a certain individual with a very strong victim complex whine incessantly about a group of our oldest players (and has done so on other servers too). I almost guarantee he's the PM'er in question

2: You are Dwarf Fortressers. No game has a steeper, more harsh and unforgiving learning curve - I think you'll be alright
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 02:51:07 pm by katwithk »
A tall, slender creature fond of coffee and computers.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2014, 06:44:56 pm »

ptw may be joining this...
Pages: 1 2 [3]