Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.  (Read 76047 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2009, 08:10:33 pm »

Then you should have found a lockpick. If you did, go for a walk on the beach and the answer should come to you.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2009, 01:27:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: more spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: personal spoiler (click to show/hide)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2009, 02:02:30 pm »

You can't build gardens? I know there is one building that attracts a butterfly a day.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2009, 02:03:08 pm »

Spoiler: re personal spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Fixed. Gah. (It used to just say [spoiler:.... instead of having a working spoiler tag)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:11:15 pm by Wooty »
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2009, 02:13:10 pm »

Spoiler: re personal spoiler (click to show/hide)
Replaced : with =.

I played the original Stranded II and found it to be lacking. Once my DVI converter arrives in the mail (Damn you, faraway college campus and faulty memory), I'll fire up my gaming machine and give this mod a try.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2009, 02:55:42 pm »

so, that is what garden too? 1 butterfly a day? i found something to do while i wait for the ship. thanks a lot

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »

Finished the adventure last night.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2009, 03:12:26 pm »

Fun facts from the scripts that may spoil your deep understanding of the game, including exactly how locusts work:

Man, I really want a WAY harder version of this game.  With no defense towers, because those suck.  And where I have to smoke meat if I want it to last more than a couple days.  Where sleeping in a hut on a hammock is actually better than sleeping under the basic shelter.  Where clothes and equipment gets wet if you swim.  Where you can get too cold or too hot.  Where fires don't last forever, but can catch trees on fire and spread.  Where you can't just eat fish forever for food AND thirst (but where pressing berries into juice isn't a mistake, and where you CAN drink rain, and stuff).

There were some really hardcore awesome games back in the 80s, like one where you crashed in a plane and didn't even automatically have a compass and couldn't automatically place yourself on your topo map, you had to use shadows from the moving sun and pray it was sunny, you didn't automatically know your leg was broken instead of sprained, etc.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2009, 03:16:41 pm »

I'm having a bit of trouble, these combinations to make items are all pretty nonsensical and I have no idea how to create the axe, which I desperately need.

By the way the torch is the best attacking tool, I once set a lion on fire and just ran until it keeled over. ;D
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2009, 03:27:43 pm »

Okay, so I tried out island quest

Volcano village shop is awesome. Maybe they should have more options for trading currency...like 10 worms for 1 shell and vice versa, and also accept gold and iron, perhaps? The only problem is that you can bunk with them and make the whole shelter building thing moot because a water source is right next to a hut. And the abandoned village is even worse for that, with the free fish generators you didn't have to work to build, so you're instantly self-sufficent right when you find it. Oh, and you can walk in the volcano. Something's wrong. I think I saw a GCS in the valley with the sheep. The desert and the artic could use more catci and inukshucks, respectivley.

That is all. Indeed.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2009, 03:41:38 pm »

can't make an axe?
remember that sometime a small stick isn't enough, and you might need something bigger.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2009, 05:20:49 pm »

Okay, so I tried out island quest

Volcano village shop is awesome. Maybe they should have more options for trading currency...like 10 worms for 1 shell and vice versa, and also accept gold and iron, perhaps? The only problem is that you can bunk with them and make the whole shelter building thing moot because a water source is right next to a hut. And the abandoned village is even worse for that, with the free fish generators you didn't have to work to build, so you're instantly self-sufficent right when you find it. Oh, and you can walk in the volcano. Something's wrong. I think I saw a GCS in the valley with the sheep. The desert and the artic could use more catci and inukshucks, respectivley.

That is all. Indeed.

Thank you for the feedback :).
There're easy ways to live for those who is "newbie" as I stated above, and you can use the tips about shells etc. or not, I just hunt and build everything from scratch. It was supposed to be alpha version that's why there's a lot of easy-to-get-stuff: to test it (i.e. arbalest reloading speed vs. lion speed etc.).
The shop was "test shop" too, so there'll be more options when I get at them.

There're 2 spiders and 1 huge spider near the "wooly valley" :)

Thank you for ideas for cacti, when I've made this mod I mostly used other people's models and free stuff from the net but now I can make static models easily (no experience with animation still) so cacti are not a problem.

P.S. Free fish generator? What is it? I don't remember :).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 05:23:35 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2009, 06:00:58 pm »

The nets near the docks. Some stuff underwater would be neat too, even if it is just pillars and stuff.

Also the boat looks really stupid stuck on that mountain.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2009, 07:47:28 pm »

It's not a mountain. These are rocks/reefs and it ended there after a storm: the boat was pierced by a rock after it landed on reefs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2009, 08:14:02 pm »

Um... I kinda need more help than that. I've tried logs with stones, logs with iron. Logs with iron and vine, logs with iron and cord/vine, logs with stone and cord/vine, bamboo (what is that used for anyway) with stone and cord/vine etc. etc. If I need to build the shelter first I'll be stuffed, as I want the axe to make the logs required for the shelter.

Everything else is going well though. I've got a small farm plot up, growing grapes and grain, I built a tent with lion skin and branches and I have an abundance of claws and teeth I know not what to do with.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25