Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.  (Read 75776 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2010, 12:36:58 pm »

WHY MUST AWESOME GAMES ONLY BE DEVELOPED FOR WINDOWS!
Because mac's are limited by apple and suck, they also cost too much.
friggin' parents. making me use this piece of scrap. i could crap a better computer.
You could build a better rig for about 300$.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2010, 01:47:16 pm »

Yeah, my old mac is pretty much obsolete to the newer stuff out there now Mac-wise. Now it functions as an interactive external hard drive.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2011, 02:15:24 pm »

Here comes the necro!

I played through the adventure mode and was left wanting more. The random maps kinda suck and I can't wrap my head around the editor much (besides, it's no fun to play a map you know inside and out).

So:
-Where's the good player-made maps?
-Does multiplayer work?
-Whatever happened to unreal software? News updates and patches seem to come every several months, with the last one being on the last day of last year... it would suggest they're working it, or working on something, but on the other hand they never did get around to the promised English translations they started way back in 2007. At least, for Stranded. Looks like they're still working on games like Counter Strike 2D. So did they just switch over to making Worms rip-offs?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2011, 04:44:19 pm »

I've been playing the mod and map that Deon made for this. There are a ton of resources on the map, but he made lion-spawners pretty much impossible to destroy, so I'm building a wall of palisades around the spawner.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 13, 2012, 01:20:03 am »

While this thread is very very old and there hasn't been any Stranded II topics since this. I didn't really want to make a new thread, as all the information is in this one.

So, I'll just post a reply, as I think that might be best. If not, sorry guys.

So the other day I downloaded Stranded II while a good friend of mine was over, as he likes these kind of games. I never played before, but I've seen this talked about a bit. I got my friend rather addicted to it. :P Same with myself, lol. The vanilla version doesn't work at all, though. By that, I mean I can't play on any resolution except 800x600 as the UI gets really messed up on anything higher. My monitor is 1920x1080, so 800x600 does not work for my eyes at all. Using mods fixes this, for some reason. Like I used Massive Mod and the higher resolution worked just fine.

Also, supposedly Stranded III is being made...but the developer is in school to learn game design, and he has a lot of tests. So he just works on it as he gets time (which I imagine isn't much). Something to look forward to.

So, I've tried various mods. Massive Mod, Forest Mod are two ones I liked, that I found on the official forum. Massive Mod does make things take a bit longer, but I think it aims for a more realistic approach

However, the main reason I'm replying. I've been playing the Island Quest mod by Deon and it is by far my favorite. Partly because of the map that comes with it, is rather epic. I also like all the things it adds. But most importantly...it adds one of my favorite things found on planet Earth...ANTS! :D I love ants, so its awesome to see he added them. So, I don't know if Deon comes around anymore...but nice job on your mod and map. I highly recommend you guys give his mod a try.

Anyway, I really enjoy Stranded II. Doesn't seem to be well known, or at least hasn't been talked about in a while. But I really enjoy it. Kind of feels like a 3d Unreal World, or Wurm kind of game. And the editing tools are rather nice, at least for making maps and stuff.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2013, 04:09:23 am »

I was reminded of my old mod and that all the links are broken, so here's the reupload if someone still wants to play it for whatever reason:

Old posts about it:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2714.msg395670#msg395670
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2714.msg396009#msg396009

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?vw7f5g7571xpfgz
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Reer123

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The Reer is Here >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2014, 07:40:21 am »

3 happy. 3 crash island and 3 find food.

I created an account to post this. :)

This thread inspired me to download Stranded, after looking for over two days and unsuccessfully trying to "survive" on Minecraft I decided to give this a try. The thing that inspired me to look for a survival game was a recent show called "Marooned With Ed Stafford" which was basically like this game, the guy, Ed, is dropped off in a remote island in the Pacific and has to survive for sixty days. He survived alright and then he started going to other places, Romanian Mountains, Bornea, Australia and much more. After his last survival experience which was the last he was going to do I just decided to survive on Minecraft, which after five minutes doesn't work that well.

So I searched around "Cast away game" and found a "The Island: Castaway" from which I played the free trial and enjoyed it but it wasn't free roam, you were following a set story. So, I searched some more "Survival Island Games" and then in the images I saw the home page for Stranded, I had seen it a year earlier and wondered if it was any good, but back then I had the mentality that the graphics had to be awesome or no play the game. So this time I downloaded it, I started the Adventure and straight away got stuck, so I found this thread. It basically got me off the ground from hands, to axe to machete.

I watched a video of the adventure and completely ruined it for myself so I decided to go for a random island. All these islands just weren't right, I tried creating a island as I create maps on Minecraft [Created a cool Europe map :) ] but it wasn't really working, would have to get a height map which I didn't have the time to make. So after reading this whole forum I was following your [Deon's] progress on the map, but after trying most the download links and them failing I nearly gave up. Then the last download link I downloaded. I celebrated, even though it was 2am and after unzipping it I opened the game. I didn't know how to load the map, xD, so I went into load game which were survivals of Deon so I just left them, then I went into map editor and finally found the map. I tried to open it but an error kept coming up, I tried every version of it but still no luck. While writing this I decided to play one of your saves, I played the latest Deon2, t'was cool, killed off the giant spider easily with a knife, just ran in a circle hitting it's back. Then I looted all the iron. The steep cliffs can be ran up in a matter of seconds.... sadly so the spider attacked me in the hut. I then went out into the frost plain, which seemed a little flat like it was off the map or something so after consulting the map beside the gun I headed out for the gold. Got the event message for gold and mined around ten nuggets then I headed off for the village. The female villagers look really cool and it was fun going around to the villagers and buying stuff. I went to the chieftain because I had been poisoned by the spider and tried to buy some medicine but had ate all the meat keeping myself alive xD so I walked out of his hut and found the first aid. :P and then went back into his hut and found a healing potion. I headed off, with no poison and decided to climb the volcano. When I got to the top I was a bit disappointed to see no lava [You could make it like a pool of water but re-texture the water and then add a lot of sharks and piranha's so that if you take a dive you die.]. I then headed into the jungle and killed a monkey, I heard the foot steps and me being a bit paranoid took out the gun, I was looking around when I saw off in the trees something, one of your raptor type animals, running off I decided to chase it. I ran after it and was slowly closing in, it didn't seem to notice me but I don't know if this was just a coincident, it put itself behind a poisonous plant, while I was running at it. I didn't notice the plant and hit it, it then turned and in two hits I was dead... I then came back to writing this :). So after failing to get the map up I went onto unreal world, this was sort of fun, I had to look at a guide which was slightly hard to follow and then in the end killed myself. Started another char and killed myself. Then on the third char I actually found out what I was doing wrong and started the guide again, this time getting good until it said tracking. I couldn't find an animal and when I did it just ran away at first site.... So I just ran as fast as I could as far away as possible and then I got tired and slept, when I woke up I found a village, not that far from me so I went there. I went into a house and took all the stuff, I had been hungry and found food. Satisfied with my gain and not knowing the repercussions I headed off only to be stopped by an angry axe man. I told him I was robbing his stuff and he started to kick me. I was locked in the crawl position and didn't know how to stand so I had my rock and kept on hitting him in the legs. After around twenty minutes of this three other guys all armed with swords or knifes came over and two minutes later I got knocked out. They took all my stuff and at 85% injury I couldn't move so I just killed myself, which ended my night of fun. :P

I'm gonna go play Stranded again and either use one of my height maps from Minecraft or just play on Island 1 in story mode. I'd say I'll make a custom island :)
~The Reer

Reer123

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The Reer is Here >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2014, 10:26:46 am »

Here is the screen shot.
~The Reer

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2014, 07:37:08 pm »

Since the thread's been revived I'll throw out the developer blog for Stranded III. Little more than a bare bones engine so far, but he's making slow and steady progress.

http://stranded3.com/
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 08, 2014, 10:03:36 pm »

I spent a lot of time playing Stranded 2. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the link to Stranded 3, Wooty! Didn't know it was a thing.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2014, 12:38:17 am »

That is good news, I loved stranded 2, it was ultimately too limited for me though.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]