Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 60585 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 11:26:51 pm »

And don't try running away!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 11:29:51 pm »

Well I'm going to be unconscious for the next eight hours (hopefully), so goodnight.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 06:36:29 am »

I continue practicing with my powers
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 06:41:57 am »

A late change: For each +1 of strength you have you can carry 10% more treasure without a penalty.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 09:04:30 am »

I negated my -1 penalty? Awesome.

Well somebody has got to go hunting eventually, Jay, or we'll starve. I can't think of a better way to practise your powers. It's probably for the better that you didn't go, however, since we may need you if wild animals attack. Let us organize a hunting party after I get a palisade built.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 09:08:55 am »

No, we still have plenty of turns to hunt, we need water. One of the energy people should pull some from the earth.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 09:11:58 am »

You're quite right, webadict.

What do you intend to do with that blade you're sharpening modifying?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 09:13:32 am by Fenrir »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 12:05:43 pm »

I toughen my Machete with my MP (mind powers) so I't doesnt go blunt when cutting wood

Hopefully this wont send it back to it's original state.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 12:25:46 pm »

We're waiting for you, Banzayatc.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 12:27:14 pm »

Really? I thought I already posted an action (blasting the wasp).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 12:28:17 pm »

You're quite right, webadict.

What do you intend to do with that blade you're sharpening modifying?

Practice. Just in case someone tries to backstab me. I think we should all say screw the plot and go on an adventure! There's bound to be some ruins/temples/portals to weird dimensions somewhere! We could steal MORE treasure!

Yeah he already did his action.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 12:35:19 pm »

Oh, right, the hornet thing. I'm sorry about my lack of focus; I think it's the crap brought by the holiday season that's doing it to me.

Indeed, let us seek adventure, but first we should build a secure base camp.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 01:12:40 pm »

We can build a fortress! And I plan to go hunting soon, I just want to be prepared first.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 01:17:49 pm »

We can build a fortress!
We're going to need picks. Let's give our daggers to Banzayatc so he can melt them down. With my hammer an a large rock, he should be able to use his fire powers to forge a pick.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 01:18:59 pm »

Banzayatc: I blast it with the most powerful target-only spell I have at my disposal!
Attack chance to hit: 6 +3 (skill) -3 (massive power) = 6
Wasp dodge: 10 + 2 (wasps are fast and hard to hit) = 12
Roll for effects 3 -3 (massive power needed for attack) +3 (skill) = 3
Banzayatc sees the wasp and prepares to unleash a wave of destruction. He concentrates hard on the wasp and changes energies. The wasp dodges and the air where the wasp was heats up. What happened next can only be described in slow motion. First the wasp shaped space heats up to red hot. It then heats up further until it's white hot shining with the intensity of burning magnesium. Next the wasp shaped space reaches such a high temperature that its atoms turn into a plasma and with a sudden massive massive explosion the plasma in wasp form is blown apart in a massive bang and flash of light. The entire explosion is supposed to be contained in a sphere but this part fails. The actual wasp which was next to the bit of air heated was shielded by the sphere but everybody else is dazed by the flash (-1 to dodge and chance to hit for the next turn). Banzayatc is tired and must rest the next turn. He skips the next turn. (Hey, you asked for massive destruction which is rather tiring. ;))

Fenrir: I grab a rock and a stick and start making a hammer.
7 -1 (you have no skill in making objects) = 6
Fenrir has grabbed a stick and sharp rock and is trying to make a hammer. He strugles to get a hole for the stick in the rock but does succeed in making a hammer head with a pointy end and a flat end out of the rock. He also makes a nice handle out of the stick.

Webadict: I'll then get back to my sword manipulating and I'll also [only one action at a time].
11 +3 (skill) -2 (changing the shape of a blade is difficult) = 12
Webadict concentrates hard on his blade and tries to shape it to better fly through the air. He succeeds and his machete becomes a lot thinner and less wide. +3 to chance to hit (combines with the machete's -1 to make +2) -1 to damage (combines with the machete's +1 to make 0). He also makes the edge razor sharp and the steel springy so it doesn't break against hard objects but instead bounces off. +1 to damage. It now blunts.

Jay: I continue practicing with my powers
8 +3 (skill) = 11
Jay has become good at destroying plants but decides to become even better. He takes time praticing against plants and soon better understands how to extract energy from them. Jay can not get tired in the vicinity of trees or large plants. But he cannot get more energy from them than that which makes him not tired as he has no place to store it.

EDIT: Forgot the wasp.
(No dodge as banzayatc is too tired)
Roll for damage:
2 = 2
The wasp buzzes over and stings banzayatc. It however only stings his shirt and doesn't hurt him.

Kashyyk: I toughen my Machete with my MP (mind powers) so I't doesnt go blunt when cutting wood
7 +1 (skill) -1 (making metal stronger is not too easy but not hard) = 7
Kashyyk concentrates hard on his blade hoping to make it tougher and blunt less easily. He succeeds, it will now keep an edge better and not blunt. It will still break however, and when it does break the shards will be dangerous.

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH [chance to hit]), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer head (without a hole for the handle) with a flat end and a pointed end, has 1 hammer handle.

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, exhausted (skips next turn), has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH]), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH, Can extract energy from plants.

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, +2 against flesh and bone with blade, Blade can shatter into shards when broken against rock.

Everybody -1 to dodge and CTH next turn because they are dazed. Everybody has enough food for 8 turns and enough water for 4. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:31:29 pm by Martian »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39