Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Morrowind Mods  (Read 10038 times)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Morrowind Mods
« on: May 17, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »

...can anyone recommend some?  I'm thinking of reinstalling it and a cursory look over the possibilities out there seems to indicate far too much to take in at once.  Which would you say are essential, and/or add to the game's depth, polish and challenge?
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Morrowind Mods
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »

Morrowind Comes Alive is supposed to be awesome, but I don't have the expansions, so I can't tell you.
There was a graphics mod called Darker Morrowind which is pretty nice, it makes buildings look rundown and is overall pretty nice.

It's been so long I can't remember all of the mods I had.  There was a mod called Reign of Fire that had dragons, and if you completed the questline you got your own dragon and could raise it.  Again, I don't have the expansions.  I had to settle for the Dragons mod made by the guy who made GIANTS.  He's an atrocious model-maker and doesn't seem to realize this.  While the dragons are very large, and they are a great challenge for a high-level character, they look awful, the neck is spindly and seems almost folded in spots, and the hitboxes are way off, making ranged combat against one almost impossible.  The only place you can hit them is right under the base of their neck.

Shoes...

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

One could argue that only being vunerable to a missile attack in one specific, obscure spot is entirely thematically appropriate for dragons.

Not that it would be a GOOD argument, but, y'know.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:59:00 pm »

If you fight one, you'll change your mind.  They pack a serious punch, and if you're not aimed perfectly, you don't hit.

I did once take one out with a bow, I was pretty proud.  Took thirty arrows I believe.

Shoes...

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »

I was an avid morrowind mod-hunter a couple years ago.  It's been a while, but the one that sticks out the most in my mind is the Water Life mod.  With a boat and fishing mod I would literally sit out in the ocean for hours admiring the sharks and whales.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Vodalian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »

Here's my list:

GameFile3=Morrowind Patch v1.6.3.esm
GameFile4=Better Heads Tribunal addon.esm
GameFile5=Better Heads Bloodmoon addon.esm
GameFile6=Better Heads.esm
GameFile7=Book Rotate.esm
GameFile8=Texture Fix - Bloodmoon 1.1.esm
GameFile9=Texture Fix 1.8.esm
GameFile10=Expanded Sounds.esp
GameFile11=Better Bodies.esp
GameFile12=Better Clothes_v1.1.esp
GameFile13=New Khajiit Bodies - Clean.esp
GameFile14=New Argonian Bodies - Clean.esp
GameFile15=Better Heads Male Argonian Neck Fix.esp
GameFile16=entertainers.esp
GameFile17=AreaEffectArrows.esp
GameFile18=bcsounds.esp
GameFile19=LeFemmArmor.esp
GameFile20=adamantiumarmor.esp
GameFile21=EBQ_Artifact.esp
GameFile22=Siege at Firemoth.esp
GameFile23=Beds4Rent.esp
GameFile24=A good place to stay, Ver 1,8.esp
GameFile25=Healers.esp
GameFile26=Ring Texture Fix.esp
GameFile27=Thief Experience Overhaul 1.3b (Tribunal) (Combined).esp
GameFile28=Fire_Hurt_All.esp
GameFile29=dh_furn.esp
GameFile30=dh_furn_stores.esp
GameFile31=dh_homes.esp
GameFile32=dh_thriftshop.esp
GameFile33=Bloated Morrowind.esp
GameFile34=Gladiator.esp
GameFile35=moons_soulgems.esp
GameFile36=RKCriminals TR&BM.esp
GameFile37=RKWerewolf.esp
GameFile38=vn_goldweight.esp
GameFile39=abotWhereAreAllBirdsGoing.esp
GameFile40=Book Rotate - Tribunal v5.3.esp
GameFile41=Book Rotate - Bloodmoon v5.3.esp
GameFile42=Syc_AtHomeAlchemy.esp
GameFile43=Syc_HerbalismforPurists.esp
GameFile44=Syc_HerbalismforPurists_BM.esp
GameFile45=Syc_HerbalismforPurists_TB.esp
GameFile46=Galsiahs Character Development.esp
GameFile47=GCD StartScript for Trib or Bloodmoon.esp
GameFile48=GCD better balanced birthsigns.esp
GameFile49=GCD Restore Potions Fix.esp
GameFile50=Lantern replacer By Leeloo.esp
GameFile51=Syc_Herbalism ES Patch.esp
GameFile52=Complete ABCs for Barbarians.esp
GameFile53=k_weather.esp
GameFile54=Wayfarer's Rest v1.21.esp
GameFile55=Vvardenfell Druglord.esp
GameFile56=Book Jackets - Morrowind - BookRotate.esp
GameFile57=Book Jackets - Tribunal - BookRotate.esp
GameFile58=Book Jackets - Bloodmoon - BookRotate.esp
GameFile59=Louis_BeautyShop_v1.5.esp
GameFile60=Bones11-tb-bm.esp
GameFile61=Skooma Anonymous.esp
GameFile62=Clean Realistic Ashpits.esp
GameFile63=RealSignposts.esp
GameFile64=DM_DB Armor Replacer-ExpDDBA.esp
GameFile65=Drug Realism.esp
GameFile66=Featherweight Soul Gems.esp
GameFile67=Animal Behaviour.esp
GameFile68=Merged_Dialogs.esp
GameFile69=Piratelords Trade Enhancements.esp
GameFile70=Merged_Objects.esp
GameFile71=PTE - BC Patch.esp
GameFile72=Merged_Leveled_Lists.esp

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 01:51:00 am »

Man, been ages since I played Morrowind.

I believe I had the Better Bodies mod, and some Wilderness mod that added a plethora (yes, a plethora) of new animals to the game.

My attention span is my own personal El Guapo, however, so I didn't really play much after installing them.

(cookies for those who get the jokes)

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 03:38:00 am »

Thanks guys, especially Vodalian. Torak, thanks also, but I had no problem finding lists on my own- I was just out for some help separating the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 06:10:00 am »

Wow...
If you asked me 1-2 years ago I'd send you a ~2Gb pack of my favourite mods, I even merged some of them because they had conflicts somewhere.

Children in Morrowind, domestic animals in cities, better bodies and faces, a lot of new outfit and better spell effects, better land textures and better trees - an a lot of more things for better view. You know, if you compare the basic character model with this mods with a model in vanilla, you'd be scared of vanilla "monsters".
I had about 15+ mods which made this awesome game to look much better.

Then, a HUGE pack of gameplay-changing mods. The most favourite one was which added martial arts and combos: you could disarm opponents, knockdown them and it has improved parrying system. Then, I recommed you Vampire Embrace - if you play the vampiric character it "fixes" you that you can speak with other NPC if they have very high attitude to you and it also allows to drink blood from fallen opponents and convert them to your thralls. A great vampiric change.

Also I had a lot of new content. One of My fav. was "Giants", it adds a lot of new monsters and creatures (HUGE number of really quality ones), I played without dragons though, I didn't like their model. But I enjoyed fighting new gem golems and stuff (now it reminds me of Sean's "MA" mod   :)).

I even remember I had a mod where you had a quest to build your own city, it takes a lot of time but you end with nice customized city (you choose different options and buildings during the quest) somewhere to the east of the volcano, with a silt strider near it.
Also I liked a rideable boat (in real-time) which made my travels much funnier (and I forgot to mention Sea monsters - they made it much funnier to travel in usual boat in the dangerous sea).

Amongst original expansions I like Bloodmoon (Solstheim is just a VERY neat piece of land with my favourite winter landscapes).
If I only find my old laptop... Maybe it has all these mods with morrowind installed. Damn the nostalgie...

P.S. Vodalian: I had all the mods you've mentioned except:
Thief Experience Overhaul 1.3b (Tribunal)
GameFile39=abotWhereAreAllBirdsGoing

What are they?
Also I liked travelling merchants and random encounters.

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »

I got Morrowind Comes Alive, only to realise that I have Tribunal but it needs Bloodmoon too.  Oh well.

Vodalian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>Wow...
If you asked me 1-2 years ago I'd send you a ~2Gb pack of my favourite mods, I even merged some of them because they had conflicts somewhere.

Children in Morrowind, domestic animals in cities, better bodies and faces, a lot of new outfit and better spell effects, better land textures and better trees - an a lot of more things for better view. You know, if you compare the basic character model with this mods with a model in vanilla, you'd be scared of vanilla "monsters".
I had about 15+ mods which made this awesome game to look much better.

Then, a HUGE pack of gameplay-changing mods. The most favourite one was which added martial arts and combos: you could disarm opponents, knockdown them and it has improved parrying system. Then, I recommed you Vampire Embrace - if you play the vampiric character it "fixes" you that you can speak with other NPC if they have very high attitude to you and it also allows to drink blood from fallen opponents and convert them to your thralls. A great vampiric change.

Also I had a lot of new content. One of My fav. was "Giants", it adds a lot of new monsters and creatures (HUGE number of really quality ones), I played without dragons though, I didn't like their model. But I enjoyed fighting new gem golems and stuff (now it reminds me of Sean's "MA" mod       :)).

I even remember I had a mod where you had a quest to build your own city, it takes a lot of time but you end with nice customized city (you choose different options and buildings during the quest) somewhere to the east of the volcano, with a silt strider near it.
Also I liked a rideable boat (in real-time) which made my travels much funnier (and I forgot to mention Sea monsters - they made it much funnier to travel in usual boat in the dangerous sea).

Amongst original expansions I like Bloodmoon (Solstheim is just a VERY neat piece of land with my favourite winter landscapes).
If I only find my old laptop... Maybe it has all these mods with morrowind installed. Damn the nostalgie...

P.S. Vodalian: I had all the mods you've mentioned except:
Thief Experience Overhaul 1.3b (Tribunal)
GameFile39=abotWhereAreAllBirdsGoing

What are they?
Also I liked travelling merchants and random encounters.

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]</STRONG>

GameFile39=abotWhereAreAllBirdsGoing = Adds birds in the distance
GameFile46=Galsiahs Character Development.esp = GCD is a new leveling system so it's 100% dynamic, no more sleeping to level then choosing stats to increase.
GameFile68=Merged_Dialogs.esp = Merged dialogs,objects and leveled lists are made using a program to help reduct conflicts between mods.
GameFile69=Piratelords Trade Enhancements.esp = Overhauls everything involving trading, prices, tweaks etc
GameFile71=PTE - BC Patch.esp = patch to make the trade enhancements compatible with better bodies

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: Vodalian ]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by McDoomhammer:
<STRONG>I got Morrowind Comes Alive, only to realise that I have Tribunal but it needs Bloodmoon too.  Oh well.</STRONG>

Why don't you get the Bloodmoon then? It's very good =). And adds a lot. I like werevolves alot (and with some mods it becomes even better).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JustOnePixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »

A good one to keep your eye on is Tamriel Rebuilt (http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org).  It's a series of mods that attempts to recreate the rest of the world, and all true to TES canon.  It's been around almost as long as Morrowind, and it's finally released one of its 6 maps.  Definitely worthwhile, especially since it's highly active.
Tessie! 'nuf said' McGreevy shouted,
we're not here to mess around!
Boston, you know we love you madly,
hear the crowd roar to your sound!
Don't blame us if we ever doubt ya, you know we couldn't live without ya!
RED SOX!  You are the only, only, only!

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 04:04:00 am »

[MODS: Sorry for the necro.]
I've just gotten Morrowind, and I say. It's a great game, I'm rather dissapointed though, due most of the mods requiring Tribunal and/or Bloodmoon. Such as the Vampire Embrace mod (is there a Morrowind only version?). That is all.
Pages: [1] 2