Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Latest version of IVAN?  (Read 1894 times)

JustOnePixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Latest version of IVAN?
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »

I just started playing IVAN, but only the version that's on sourceforge.  Is there a newer version other than 0.50?  If so, where can I find it?  I know someone on the forums has it in his signature, but I forgot who they are...
Tessie! 'nuf said' McGreevy shouted,
we're not here to mess around!
Boston, you know we love you madly,
hear the crowd roar to your sound!
Don't blame us if we ever doubt ya, you know we couldn't live without ya!
RED SOX!  You are the only, only, only!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Latest version of IVAN?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

there is none.
there are some variants however. I haven't played them. but I will, as soon as I get some sleep, and some education, and food, and...
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:01:00 pm »

I've heard of the .51+ version of IVAN, but I couldn't track down whoever has/had it.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

look through these, do any of them look like the IVAN 0.51 you saw?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by a1s:
<STRONG>look through these, do any of them look like the IVAN 0.51 you saw?</STRONG>

Nope, it's just a vanilla IVAN, but .51.

I don't think it had any real major changes, but would be interesting to get.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 08:09:00 am »

If I recall correctly vanilla .51 had a serious bug. I think it's been taken care of in some of the modified versions of .51

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 06:46:00 am »

can you give us a link to it though?

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 06:55:00 am »

Never seen IVAN before. It certainly looks... brutal, to say the least.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.