Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hey I know! Let make LCS even more hated!  (Read 2527 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Hey I know! Let make LCS even more hated!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 05:18:46 pm »

There isn't much in the game right now. The middle eastern influence is relegated primarily to when I'm looking for explanations as to why and how a militant group like the LCS could become popular and influential. The objective isn't to make it realistic, but look to a real-world example to get ideas for how to direct future developments.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 06:57:26 pm »

According to a book on the Basque terrorists, the Basques conduct terrorist attacks because they knew the Spainish government would react heavily against the terrorists and conduct a terrible crackdown. The crackdown would be unpopular, targeting other Basques not affilated with the movement, and thereby make the Basques more sympatethic with the terrorists.

Is there such a mechanic within the game, where causing a terrorist attack means the Conservative Government begin cracking down on Liberals, meaning Liberals may become more likely to lean towards you? It might be a tad imbalancing though...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 07:30:08 pm »

According to a book on the Basque terrorists, the Basques conduct terrorist attacks because they knew the Spainish government would react heavily against the terrorists and conduct a terrible crackdown. The crackdown would be unpopular, targeting other Basques not affilated with the movement, and thereby make the Basques more sympatethic with the terrorists.

Is there such a mechanic within the game, where causing a terrorist attack means the Conservative Government begin cracking down on Liberals, meaning Liberals may become more likely to lean towards you? It might be a tad imbalancing though...

The Liberals are always kinda on your side anyhow

You want the Undecided and Concervatives themselves to swing to your favor.

Though if the game got mechanics where the community itself could aid you (Such as starting a riot when your running away from the police or putting pressure on court cases) then I could see where it would be helpful.

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 07:33:40 pm »

The Liberals are always kinda on your side anyhow

You want the Undecided and Concervatives themselves to swing to your favor.

Though if the game got mechanics where the community itself could aid you (Such as starting a riot when your running away from the police or putting pressure on court cases) then I could see where it would be helpful.
another idea, have liberals you meet in encounters with the conservatives fight along side you, depending on the country's liberal status, with a slight chance of accidentally hitting them of course, instead of just running away

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 03:34:42 pm »

another idea, have liberals you meet in encounters with the conservatives fight along side you, depending on the country's liberal status, with a slight chance of accidentally hitting them of course, instead of just running away

Nah, they're not determined to do something. They'll bolt because they're civvies. Plus, since they're Liberals they need to be weak-kneed pacifists, even moreso when doing so is socially acceptable. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]