Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Footchases and talking about the issues  (Read 2285 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Footchases and talking about the issues
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 09:15:53 am »

The new sleeper system is a little strange. Does having them spout liberalism just make them less respected?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 09:21:13 am »

It has them influence the issues -- basically doing what they used to do normally. With the new release it should only damage their infiltration by 1% per month, used to be more. It should perhaps be phrased such that it is a more subtle move, converting people to liberalism, rather than coming across as them ruining themselves by blathering liberally. :D

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 09:29:28 am »

Naturally I would get the country up to L+ just before you release a new version....

The error I was seeing with the agenda does not appear in the new version so that's one problem solved.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 10:16:34 am »

Hopefully the sleeper system will be less strange, I just changed the activation screen a bit to be more clear. Also reduced the number of senators that have to be L+ to 51, as even that's a pretty good sign that you're in winning position in LCS, even if it isn't technically the threshold for an automatic "I win America" switch.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 10:26:30 am »

I'm still trying to win the pre latest patch version and noticed some funny numbers in the senate.  There are fewer then 100 senators because sometimes the game counted fewer winners then losers in senate results.  This might be linked to all those damn error messages whenever I look at the house or senate.

I'm down to 279 members of the house.  Even though there's only 13 non L+, the house still shows as being L.  This game might be unwinable...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 12:52:42 pm »

I still see yokels when I go forth, are you sure you updated the download link?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 03:48:12 pm »

You need 67 L+ Senate -- for a constitutional amendment majority. I might reduce that to 60 or even just 51 to make the endgame less long.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Pursue other endgame shorteners! :(

Even if it drags out, I don't want to win without legitimately being able to do the Constitutional purge...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 05:33:56 pm »

I still see yokels when I go forth, are you sure you updated the download link?

Yes, tested it again just now. Where are you seeing them, and are you seeing other, moderate and liberal people too?

You need 67 L+ Senate -- for a constitutional amendment majority. I might reduce that to 60 or even just 51 to make the endgame less long.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Pursue other endgame shorteners! :(

Even if it drags out, I don't want to win without legitimately being able to do the Constitutional purge...

I don't think the requirements for the Constitutional purge have changed, but I can check it at some point. I know it shouldn't be necessary to amend the Constitution to win the game, if you manage to flip the Supreme Court legitimately. The amendment purge is itself just there as an endgame accelerator.

Regardless, you still won't win unless the Liberals have a dead lock on the Senate, and can pass amendments. You just won't have to ensure that Elite Liberals have the super-majority, since this tends to take a really long time. As a result, it's very easy to explain your victory as party loyalty bullying on the part of the Elite majority being sufficient to get the less elite Liberals to fall in line. If it feels too fast to flip, it can be changed, but if you have L+ Supreme Court, L+ President, L+ House, and 51+ L+ Senate, I really don't see the benefit in forcing players to wait another 2 to 6 years for a couple more Senate elections before handing them the game.

It's also worth pointing out that the requirements for L+ control of the Senate are still harder to meet than the requirements for it to be considered C+, which only requires that Conservatives (of any stripe) have a 67-member super-majority.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 09:05:19 pm »

It's also worth pointing out that the requirements for L+ control of the Senate are still harder to meet than the requirements for it to be considered C+, which only requires that Conservatives (of any stripe) have a 67-member super-majority.

Yes, yes, yes... but that's as it should be. Conservatives being obedient little authoritarians who unlike liberals don't know the meaning of the phrase "circular firing squad"...

;)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 02:14:03 am »

Redownloaded it, no more yokels and there are actually liberals around. I have no idea what was going on, but it is over.
Pages: 1 [2]