Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Good Old Games  (Read 38199 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Good Old Games
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 07:33:28 pm »

JustOnePixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 08:09:53 pm »

Holy crap.  Evolva.  And Op. Flashpoint.  This is beyond awesome.

Now all they need is Rainbow Six Rogue Spear...
Tessie! 'nuf said' McGreevy shouted,
we're not here to mess around!
Boston, you know we love you madly,
hear the crowd roar to your sound!
Don't blame us if we ever doubt ya, you know we couldn't live without ya!
RED SOX!  You are the only, only, only!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 03:53:42 am »

Bought Sacrifice. Love it so far. GOG worked pretty much as well as you'd hope, and I'm quite happy with it. Though I'm having trouble with my video card; something that isn't GOG's fault. All of the 2D objects in Sacrifice (nearly) are lacking transparency. The GOG forums supplied a few possible fixes, but it seems firmly rooted in the fact that Intel graphics are trash.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing them get new games. I wonder if they'll get any old DOS ones... though their goal of making them XP/Vista compatible would be pretty much impossible I suppose.

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 04:22:10 am »

Thief 2 Gold

There's no such thing, unfortunately. Looking Glass Studios went out of business while developing it.

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 07:48:35 am »

Thief 2 Gold

There's no such thing, unfortunately. Looking Glass Studios went out of business while developing it.

Ah, my bad. :(

I have Thief Gold, though it's sadly been reduced to a coaster because my graphic drivers are too up to date and it crashes to desktop every time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 06:54:51 pm »

With all this praise of Bullfrog I cannot remember what was the flop Bullfrog produced that made EA terminate it...

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 06:55:28 pm »

Wait... Deus Ex is missing isn't it? But it's free on Gametap if I recall.

Syndicate! Yes!
Wish System Shock 1 & 2 were on there.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 10:49:21 am »

With all this praise of Bullfrog I cannot remember what was the flop Bullfrog produced that made EA terminate it...

Dungeon Keeper 2, I believe.  A rather enjoyable game, but apparently not profitable enough for EA.

Ahh, Dungeon Keeper, Sacrifice, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Thief...  Even just hearing those names makes me feel good.  I own all o' the bastards, except for Thief: the Metal Age.

And, apparently, Sacrifice II.  I didn't even know it existed until today.

EDIT:  Scratch that, I think I may have gotten some faulty info.  Damn, I really wanted to believe that.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 12:12:26 pm »

i think the first Might and Magic was/is the best crpg ever.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 03:03:56 pm »

A 3rd big developer has  now joined GOG's roster, Epic Games is now there in addition to Interplay and Codemasters :D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 07:41:24 pm »

Whoa Dungeon Keeper 2 failed? Wow, that surprised me... It was probably one of the best classic games ever and definately one of the three best that Bullfrog made. (though I never played the first...)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 09:39:19 pm »

Whoa Dungeon Keeper 2 failed? Wow, that surprised me... It was probably one of the best classic games ever and definately one of the three best that Bullfrog made. (though I never played the first...)

DK2 was horrible.

Dungeon Keeper 1, though, is the adamantine wafer of gaming.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 03:11:06 am »

I only got to play the Second Dungeon Keeper anyhow...

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 09:43:31 pm »

I thoroughly enjoyed DK2... what didn't you like about it? I never got DK1 working, so I'm pretty curious if you find it even better than I found DK2.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 07:35:33 am »

I never played DK1, but I didn't like how goofy DK2 was.  If I'm a lurking underground evil, I don't want my minions to look like they were designed by the Aaah Real Monsters people, and I don't want the rest of the world to be big happy funland.  That's not fun.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13