Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Hammerfall - the HL2 of indy arcades!  (Read 14238 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Hammerfall - the HL2 of indy arcades!
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

It's kind of dumb how weapons you drop in the main game are gone forever.  I lost my gemmed sword.  Thankfully that save slot is timed out, and I'm working on the second for my exploit.  That gem mission is pretty awesome though.  The Sophit knocked out the brick I was chained to, and as I was trying to stay up, it swung to the side, hitting the sophit in the head and slamming it into the wall, killing it.

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

Hahaha, just tried this thing out...  I lost a couple times on the second half of the defend-the-worm-from-bees stage, and was trying to find some button or whatnot that would help me find out just what the hey was going on.

I ended up flinging my sword into outer space and then exiting the game when I attempted to restart the level.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

If you're careful(And you're in an enclosed area) you can spin your weapon to build up momentum and let go of it to do crazy damage.  I usually use it to finish off fallen enemies.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »

Yeah, well, that's what I did.  Except I wasn't in an enclosed area, and there weren't any enemies nearby.

Swoosh-swoosh-swoosh-swoosh-SCHWIIING!  "Ah, crap"

Got some pretty good speed on it though.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

Ugh... I can't beat the first bee level. Is that one suppose to be hard?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »

I'm not sure, I pretty much raped the game with my skills in circling my mouse on the very edge of my tiny mousepad.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

My cord takes up like half the mousepad, it's got that diagonal thing going on when it spends too long folded up in storage.

Pretty annoying.

Shoes...

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 09:18:00 pm »

Beat those bee missions, now I'm on the lobster thing. WTF.

This is going to take forever...

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »

I played this game a while back, I think I killed the ice sword guy with his own weapon. (I disarmed a lot of people during the course of the main game....)

Of course, I think I never used a gem myself other than the ones that are in weapons already. (The fire flail, et cetera.)

Fun game.  The fireshiphelicopterthing took forever to kill.

Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 02:13:00 am »

Weapons you drop aren't lost forever. If you finish a level with a weapon, then it goes to the Training Hall. That's presuming it's a gemmed weapon. Normal weapons appear there as soon as you hold one for however a brief moment. But you have to throw away all your weapons to make a switch..
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 02:53:00 am »

BWAHAHAHA!  I was just tooling around on that second sophit level (slave fighter, play it for a gem) and getting the nasty ol' beast to crash into the ceiling when some nifty stuff started happening...

First off, I wanted to be free of my slave-chains, that I might fly around as free as a birdy... It had worked before, so now I was trying to get it to work again.

With expert precision and timing, I get the creature to slam into the brick, causing it to come free from the wall and- oh shit, I'm still attached.  Kablooie.

This happened a few times, and then I decided to make a new attempt at freedom: The roof.  I got the sophit to repeatedly crash into the same section of the roof until finally the way was clear, whereupon I zoomed out and- kablooie.  Apparently, you die whenever you touch the edge of the screen.

So then I decided that even though I couldn't save myself, the least I could do was help this poor creature out of its captivity...  Again, I got it to smash a hole in the ceiling, but this time I made the hole bigger.  Eventually, the hole was completed, and I was able to send the sophit rocketing out of the breach.

It the tried to get back down to the bottom of the screen, where it could resume its charges against me.  Well, it had moved away from the hole by then, so it met the stern resistance of solid bricks.  It eventually ground itself to death by rubbing against the stonework, thus netting me a "kill".

Doing what you're not supposed to do is fun.

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 05:38:00 am »

I played this game a couple months ago and it was the best thing ever, until I got to that pinball minigame  :(
Anyone found a way to bypass levels?
0.21 is the newest version, right?

[ June 05, 2008: Message edited by: Crnobog ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 05:42:00 am »

Which pinball minigame? The Hammerball one? It's not nearly as difficult as the basket-slicing challenge before it, just time a hit right a few times, you need just three decent hits out of 9.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 07:51:00 am »

Yeah, it's the Hammerball. The baskets took me a few of tries to complete but it was doable. With Hammerball I just couldn't for the life manage to launch the ball above the line, 50% of the time I had problems just hitting it straight up instead of bouncing it off the walls (or missing it entirely). I can't remember exactly how many points you need to pass it, but I always had a pathetically low score, something like 30% of the required points was my highest :(

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 08:08:00 am »

Anybody knows what do you do with gems? I got one for defeating the night beast. Alsoooo, does anybody know how to beat the red boss?   :(
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9