Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 292190 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1245 on: July 22, 2012, 12:05:35 pm »

you can smoke stuff in the saunas in villages, can be a handy thing to tide you over till you build a house.

doesn't villager steal stuff?

I've killed an elk! woot! hunting in rain is quite convenient, you can get close and personal (and I lost all those javelin in the marshes)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 22, 2012, 12:59:16 pm »

you can smoke stuff in the saunas in villages, can be a handy thing to tide you over till you build a house.

doesn't villager steal stuff?

I've killed an elk! woot! hunting in rain is quite convenient, you can get close and personal (and I lost all those javelin in the marshes)

In my experience, they won't steal anything in "being prepared" status. I've also never experienced them stealing meat which has been smoked in their village but not picked up by me for a few days. But, I always took precaution and built fences in front of the door, so I can't say for sure whether or not they're capable of it.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 23, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

I always made sure I wrote down the day it would be ready and name of the village, ive never had any stuff stolen, but I usually grab my stuff within  day or 2 of it being ready.  If you start in spring there is also a very short window at the start of the game where you can dry stuff.  If you feel like playing cheat mode you can hunt hunters and adventurers in the wild then butcher them for piles of food.  It is stoopidly easy then though.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 23, 2012, 02:43:30 pm »

Should I buy the current version, or is Sami about to update this game again? I haven't played it for a while and I heard a bunch of stuff like modding was added.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 23, 2012, 03:23:36 pm »

Should I buy the current version, or is Sami about to update this game again? I haven't played it for a while and I heard a bunch of stuff like modding was added.

Just buy the major version registration. It's two bucks more and will last you a long, long time.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 23, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »

How does wildlife work? Is it all there waiting for your tracking check or is it abstracted?

I was wondering if traps get filled by random spawn by your slill or by actual wandering animals

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 23, 2012, 06:04:37 pm »

Traps get filled by wandering animals which spawn randomly. Or that's what I gather.

Also, I just now finished building a quite giant trap fence (~10km!) where I saw a giant herd of reindeer in the spring. This is going to be great. One question though, can carcasses rot inside the trap? I assumed so, and have a couple thousand stakes left over in case that's not true.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 24, 2012, 12:25:32 am »

Ok I bought it and, shit, I have to learn it all over again. I thought I'd challenge myself by starting in the middle of nowhere with no equipment or anything. Currently I'm putzing about in the woods, starving and naked. How I love Finnish starvation simulators.  :)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 24, 2012, 12:43:55 am »

Ok I bought it and, shit, I have to learn it all over again. I thought I'd challenge myself by starting in the middle of nowhere with no equipment or anything. Currently I'm putzing about in the woods, starving and naked. How I love Finnish starvation simulators.  :)

So that last bit just reminded me of this webcomic with anthromorphic representations of various Scandinavian countries (Finland included, though he's not in this one) and elements of them as a cultural/national whole.

Note: There's a NSFW image of one of the artist's other works a bit lower on the page.
http://satwcomic.com/for-realz
"The snowman is a reference to a man in Sweden who got trapped in his car without food during a snowstorm and was found two months later, weak but still alive. How did he survive? By eating "a bit of snow"."
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 24, 2012, 12:46:18 am »

I love that comic, Finland used to be my avatar a while back.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 24, 2012, 12:54:06 am »

My favorite's a tossup between the Icelandic siblings... or Drjoli. =P

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 25, 2012, 02:07:12 am »

anyone knows the actual in game difference between building>fences and trapping>trap-fences?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 25, 2012, 03:03:57 am »

anyone knows the actual in game difference between building>fences and trapping>trap-fences?

Nothing I believe, there are a few things that come under 2 different menus
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 25, 2012, 02:13:23 pm »

Spoiler: achievement (click to show/hide)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 25, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »

i cringe at that thirst bar
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101