Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 288636 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1275 on: November 10, 2012, 09:29:11 am »

Oh, this game still exists?

Last version looks cool, maybe I'll start playing again.
This game will exists so long as the dev lives, already been around for like 20 years.  It shall even exist after he dies, as I figure his will has a small line "Oh yeah and make it open source".

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 10, 2012, 09:36:28 am »

I know. There is no way a game can cease to exist anyway. That was just another way of saying "wow, it's been a long time since I first played this game."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 10, 2012, 09:43:50 am »

Huh... apparently you can no longer buy the Major Version, like I've got all 3.x builds, but now the site sells 3.15 and "everything ever" but not the middle one...

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 10, 2012, 10:27:53 am »

Huh... apparently you can no longer buy the Major Version, like I've got all 3.x builds, but now the site sells 3.15 and "everything ever" but not the middle one...
Yeah I've noticed that.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 10, 2012, 11:23:02 am »

Yeah I've noticed that.

The middle one was a bit of a gamble and it probably pissed some people off (like, if they just happened to buy the last version supported by that option).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 10, 2012, 11:35:22 am »

Probably, yeah.  But with the update schedule, $3 every few months isn't bad either.  If you compare against the price of a movie, about $8 for 2 hours, then I'll get more than an hour out of $3 game, so it's cool in my book.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 10, 2012, 12:23:42 pm »

Probably, yeah.  But with the update schedule, $3 every few months isn't bad either.  If you compare against the price of a movie, about $8 for 2 hours, then I'll get more than an hour out of $3 game, so it's cool in my book.

$3 for a single version is fine. In fact I bought that one prior to the full one, and it feels like you're paying a pack of peanuts or something.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:11 pm »

Because I'm missing the less than obvious on the site somehow, where are you getting that latest full changelog from onsite and where could I find the last few along those lines?  Or is it only directly in the archive?  I'm woefully behind in the v3.12 sense!

3.15 changelist can be found here (at the top) ...

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw_downloads.html

I'm struggling to get any earlier ones, apart from checking through the forum ... but that gives 3.14 beta, 3.14 full, 3.13 patch 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. all with different changelists ... a little unwieldy and not sure if there is a better list somewhere ...

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 10, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »

All the change logs dating back to 1995 can be found in "news.txt" within the main game directory.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 10, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »

Because I'm missing the less than obvious on the site somehow, where are you getting that latest full changelog from onsite and where could I find the last few along those lines?  Or is it only directly in the archive?  I'm woefully behind in the v3.12 sense!

3.15 changelist can be found here (at the top) ...

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw_downloads.html

I'm struggling to get any earlier ones, apart from checking through the forum ... but that gives 3.14 beta, 3.14 full, 3.13 patch 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. all with different changelists ... a little unwieldy and not sure if there is a better list somewhere ...

Gotcha, thanks!

As a Lifetime purchaser, I know I should have my copy more up to date and all but eh...

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 10, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

snip

I like your graphics mod except for one thing.

No more goofy red santa suit for the Njerpez!? Blasphemy. :(
Yeah, the red suit is an excellent red flag, for me! heh

I am going to try your art now!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 11, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »

Anyone know how to upgrade your version? I had bought the Major Version package last time, so my registration should still be good. But I can't seem to figure out how to activate the new version.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 11, 2012, 10:44:30 pm »

Download the newest version and put your registration files in the same folder. The next time you run the game you'll be prompted to enter your registration codes - which is in the text file that's included in the regpack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 11, 2012, 10:48:07 pm »

Ah, I'd missed that file. Thanks, that worked!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 14, 2012, 04:48:22 pm »

Played around with the latest version last night. The new item quality levels are interesting. Apparently you can't build a Cellar with anything worse than decent quality boards! Makes me wonder how many logs I'll have to split to make a house if it has the same restriction.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 101