Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 286785 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1320 on: November 17, 2012, 01:37:10 am »

I've finished my house!  At least the structure.  Need an oven.  It's a 3x5 interior, 5x7 with walls, 20 segments, 108 logs + 16-ish boards.  It has 2 doors, one in the front and one in the back, against the water.  This is for me to pull my boat directly inside so that I can come from the river to the house!  It's also for convenient drinking and refilling a tub, which is used for leatherworking on the nearby bench.  There's also a small enclosure for a dog or a few, a cellar, and a mediocre farm that I really did just for the mission.

Now to gather stones for an oven, and then push all these young tree trunks over to expand my trap fence!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 25, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »

Wow, so I had been doing stealth wrong all these years...

I just snuck behind an elk in the middle of the day after getting off my raft, then even had time to unequip my arrow and equip my spear, just in time to deliver a perfect thrust to its hindleg 8)

For some reason it kept standing still looking east while I was sneaking from the west.

(I think reindeers are a lot more alert and less likely to stand still for long).

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 26, 2012, 04:50:53 am »

reindeers are a pain, i never managed to hunt one.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 26, 2012, 08:28:59 am »

It's easy to hunt reindeerif you're running at it naked with a battlesword

Ridiculously effective. I downed at least seven and I think I'm covered for the winter and then some.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 26, 2012, 08:55:09 am »

i... never... run.
though i do hunt naked in not-winter. the other thing with reindeer is that they're always found in herds, and when fleeing, they cover each other tracks. add to that their uncanny awareness of everything that surrounds them, and pincushioning one of them becomes quite the feat

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 26, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »

I'm trying to do the advanced quest-line. How do I find a bog? I'm guessing it's not the same as a mire, but now I'm not so sure. And I'd rather not throw away my axe on a hunch.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 26, 2012, 03:00:46 pm »

reindeers are a pain, i never managed to hunt one.

I got one cornered in a u shaped pond, and that's it. then I died to a bear. but the achievement is there!

never seen another reinder again, btw. I just suck at this game  ::)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:18 pm »

I'm trying to do the advanced quest-line. How do I find a bog? I'm guessing it's not the same as a mire, but now I'm not so sure. And I'd rather not throw away my axe on a hunch.
Turns out yes, mire=bog.
Now I need to find salt on an island, what?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 26, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »

I know the feeling. I usually run out of arrows and resort to tossing everything in my inventory until I get a fluffy wambler situation.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 26, 2012, 07:41:07 pm »

How long does it take to build a house irl time?  I go this game when on givaway of the day but never started it.

I tried a few times but the game sometimes hangs when switching map views.  I take it its mostly like DF Adventure mode but with building too?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 26, 2012, 08:20:55 pm »

How long does it take to build a house irl time?  I go this game when on givaway of the day but never started it.

I tried a few times but the game sometimes hangs when switching map views.  I take it its mostly like DF Adventure mode but with building too?

I guess it depends on your definition of "house".

You can make a house made of nothing but doors, corners and floors, which saves a lot of time but can be considered a bit cheaty... the size is obviously a factor too. A 4x4 house will take less than a 6x6 house.

Each wall takes 6 trees turned into logs. Floors and doors use boards which are more plentiful since you get like 20 per tree.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 26, 2012, 08:24:43 pm »

Last I check, deconstructing tents only net you slender logs. Did the fix this or what? I want to try a nomadic lifestyle but you will lose all your leather by setting up tent and never get them back when you take it down.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 26, 2012, 09:12:33 pm »

did you deconstruct a tent you built yourself or one from a njperz camp you cleared out?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 26, 2012, 09:46:20 pm »

the camp because its the spoils of battle.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:05 pm »

Anyone know exactly how the timing on net fishing works? I'm sure after 2 days, it spoils, but it needs at least one day. I just don't know if it's measured in hours, or can you put your net up the night before and take it the morning after and will it have fish...
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 101