Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 101939 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
  • Patience isn't a virtue in the mines.
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1380 on: December 04, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »

Torches in 3.14 are exploity. 3.15 torches are fixed.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 04, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »

Yeah, you actually have to grind bowls now, just like in Haven&Hearth.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm no longer overdue for an avatar change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 04, 2012, 04:47:22 pm »

Woo, just killed my first stag.
Looks like I won't be starving.
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 04, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

Bought this game a few days ago after seing this thread.

I have an issue : there's a park near where I currently live, with squirels. Should I wait winter for them getting their winter fur  :D ?

rausm :
As I heard, reputation works village by village (Sami on the UrW forums).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 05, 2012, 12:32:52 am »

I have an issue : there's a park near where I currently live, with squirels. Should I wait winter for them getting their winter fur  :D ?
The answer is actually twofold:
1: Yes, before winter.  It starts getting cold in the months before, so it's best to already be prepared.
2: No, because squirrels are too small for significant fur.  It's probably possible (and awesome-looking) to stitch together some 50 squirrel hides into a cloak, but it's more practical to sell squirrel hides for more ammo and catch something bigger.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 05, 2012, 05:11:39 am »

1: Yes, before winter.  It starts getting cold in the months before, so it's best to already be prepared.
2: No, because squirrels are too small for significant fur.  It's probably possible (and awesome-looking) to stitch together some 50 squirrel hides into a cloak, but it's more practical to sell squirrel hides for more ammo and catch something bigger.

I believe he/she meant RL...Or is this intended?

Now I wonder whether that park has enough squirrel for what you suggested, or... maybe not.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 05, 2012, 06:09:22 am »

It looks to me that both the question and the answers were firmly standing with one foot in real world. :)

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 05, 2012, 08:03:11 am »

Greetings, i share the passion for this game, that is what made me register a home in the bay.
I have to know something, do you know of other games that reached similar realistic features and is still a rpg?
Does minecraft have the same level of detail as this game?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 05, 2012, 08:14:12 am »

minecraft is nothing like this...

there's this game, it's a bit sillier and it's a side scroller, but it might do?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm no longer overdue for an avatar change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 05, 2012, 09:37:25 am »

I am depress.
My character, the best one I had so far, just got owned by a bear.
I had most of a decent house done, too.
So yeah, sadness.
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 05, 2012, 09:43:50 am »

I recently ran into my first bear too. Armed with more arrows than good sense I set out to hunt the fuzzy monstrosity. Apparently arrows just make bears angry. My dog that I had with my probably saved my life, but I was so badly injured after the encounter I couldn't hunt for weeks. But that gave me enough time to build a glorious trap fence near my camp where elk and reindeer like to travel. Now I have so much smoked meat that I don't think I'm going to need to hunt for a long while.

I think my next endeavour is going to be trapping beavers and minks for their fur. Does anyone have experience with that? What is the best kind of traps to catch them?

Greetings, i share the passion for this game, that is what made me register a home in the bay.
I have to know something, do you know of other games that reached similar realistic features and is still a rpg?

Minecraft does have a survival aspect to it, but that part of it is not as fleshed out as it is in URW. It's still a good game if you like building and spelunking.

Another survival game I've heard about that is recent is called "Don't Starve". I haven't played it though, so I don't know how it compares.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 05, 2012, 10:39:59 am »

The only game that resembles this one and i like it more because the biotope is more carved out (animals interacting, trees growing etc) is haven and hearth (salem too) but it is an mmo and the human element and the lag killed my determination to play it.
This game is decent, and it will have to do.
Awaiting new implementations with interest

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 05, 2012, 10:48:30 am »

Last Winter > New world Americas. Single player. Super indie, developed by Urb (Maker of mud and blood) originally in french, hasn't been updated in years). Costs money to buy, but you can download a trial Here (at the very bottom of the page).

Wurm Online > Medieval MMO. Graphics are a bit dated, but the gameplay is very fun. Gets repetitive after a while. Maps are generated, then players settle them, modify them (create mountains, mine tunnels through mountains, etc) and literally create their own economy. Several servers with differing game styles. Very few rules on the PvP servers, with the exception being player enforced rules. Disobey on pain of death squad arriving at your door step with catapults, again, literally. Recently overhauled and ma-freakin-hoosively updated. Future looks very promising. There's a few Wurm threads here on Bay12, including a village run (and failed) by me.

Haven and Hearth > MMO. Similar to Wurm and Salem (would link it, but I haven't heard a thing about it in months and haven't tried it myself). Updates seem a bit slack. Community also seems a bit crap.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:52:43 am by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 05, 2012, 10:56:06 am »

Haven development has been kinda abandoned due to work on Salem. Player population is very low now, so it's safer than it used to be, but lag is atrocious.

As for Salem, it's been quiet for months due to lack of new content and it being kinda content poor. But they've recently finished work on the technical stuff that they've been focused on for those months, so weekly content updates have resumed and the game is getting rounded out nicely. Still a long way to go, but there's a lot more stuff to do now.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 05, 2012, 11:01:02 am »

Thank you. It's true that they are quite small, and there's only a dozen (at most) squirels, so I'll sell their fur.

Btw, killed 2 reinder, by hunting, the first badly wounded by my javelins, and the second that I trapped between a lake and me. But my fence traps doesn't seem to get anything.

Edit : just found 2 Stag in a trap. Sorry, a stag and an elk.

Edit2 : Most stupid way to die : I went tan the 2 hides, and then, get back to the trap to get the meat (that I was going to sell, there was too much), and spawned just near the trap. Missclic and I fell in, and died.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:10:49 am by PanH »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 101