Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Darkwind  (Read 1163 times)

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Darkwind
« on: January 19, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »

Along with a bit about DF, the latest GFW magazine had a paragraph about a game called Darkwind, an online turn based car combat game based on the board game Car Wars.

Build up a gang in a post apocalyptic world and buy or capture cars and modify them to run them in arena races or deathmatches or take them out into the wasteland to battle raiders. You can play with or against other players, and the community is small, but helpful. Things happen in real time so it doesn't require too much of a time commitment to stay competitive. For example, it can take a couple of hours for a car part to be installed, and one of my drivers is in the hospital until February 2nd after a particularly nasty deathrace. Takes some planning but it gives the game a nice feel.

It's not perfect, but I'm having a lot of fun. Free to play, but there are perks for subscribing.
www.dark-wind.com

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkwind
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Boh:
<STRONG>but there are perks for subscribing.</STRONG>

Will I get Action Boy if I pay?

Sorry for the terrible, terrible reference. I couldnt help myself.

This game reminds me alot of that one canceled online game, what was it? I could see myself getting into this, atleast for a while.

[ January 19, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.