Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Clonk Rage: Throwing explosives at friends has never bee  (Read 33421 times)

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clonk Rage: Throwing explosives at friends has never bee
« on: January 21, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »

Clonk Rage is a 2D sidescroller sandbox with multiplayer.

The goal of the game depends on the map, all the mission maps different goals, the first one is to dig up 3 skulls, which takes a bit of thought to get them without killing your self, the second is a long drawn out buildathon.
The world maps normaly have a simple goal based around getting settlement points (Gained from selling and structures) or the extraction and sale of something on the map. www.clonk.de
How To Play

This is a screenshot of the map Ashlands with the Clonk I'm using inside the cabin.

1: Settlement Points, gained for building stuff or selling stuff only used for goals on certain maps.

2: Player menu, has different options and shows the goal.

3: The flag, this can be moved on most maps by jumping to it, the color is the color of its owner, I
can sell and buy under this flag, and on non melee maps, so can everyone else (Using my money)

4: Cabin, One of the building types a flag can be put it, normaly used for storage, used for selling and buying once  a flag is stored in it.

5: Ranking, You get experience over time and Clonks rank up based on it, it does nothing unless the uneven Clonks is set by the host.

6: A peice of loam in the ground, if you press the dig command twice in a row with a loam or metal peice, you get the option to create a wall, loam walls can be dug through, metal ones get destoryed in 2 explosive hits, including meteors.

7: A peice of gold, when you enter the house with gold peices, they are sold under the flag for 5 gold automaticly.

8: A flint, Flints come in 3 sizes and 2 types Flint, Superflint, Tera-flint then theres the timed versions, when droped from a certain height they activate a timer and explode after a bit, there is no tera timed flint, you can also double dig to activate them while holding them to grab onto walls and explode.

9: Rock, the only way to get rid of rock is to explode it, that creates small peices of rock that can be transported, used or sold.

10: Sulfer, can be dug through to create peices of sulfer, used in creating explosives such as flint in a chem plant.

11: Coal, can be dug through to create peices of coal, used to melt ore in a foundry, or to fuel a power plant.

12: Ore, cannot be dug through, only way to remove it is with explosives, turns into smaller peices.
When melted with coal in a foundry it creates metal.

13: Gold, cannot be dug, needs explosives, turns into smaller gold hunks.

14: Granite, A horrible pain in the ass, takes alot of explosives to get through, produces stone.

15: Crystal, used to power magic towers or magic clonks.

16: Health bar, Explosives,Objects falling on your clonk (Damage based on item and height) Fire or animals attacking hurts you, Going inside the cabin heals as long as the cabin has 5 gold.

17: These are the options for the building, hovering over each one explains it.

18: Clonk Menu, contains magic and building lists.

Controlls:
The controls I use are listed here, but you can change them to anything you prefer
D: Dig
A: Throw/Drop
SZXC: Up, Left, Down, Right
E: Change Clonk right
Q: Change Clonk left
W: Multi Clonk select

Jump and Run, what the hell is this?
Jump and Run means clonks run as long as the direction is held in, compared to the older controls where you pressed once to start walking, and again to stop.

FAQ
Q: I can't walk right? Whats wrong?
A: In the orignal bindings for some reason Y is set as right, change it in options

Q: My clonk is stuck, what to do?
A: Ask someone if its multiplayer to throw an object at him, or do it on your other clonks, if you have non, move wildly.

Q: The rain on this map just keeps coming, how do I stop it?
A: Rain drains off the natural sides of the map, so on Ashlands at the top it will drain off, but if you dig a path to the edge it will not, building above that is safe.
Or you can make an enterance that keeps the water from entering due to gravity.

Q: Oh god multiplayer is laggy, what do I do?
A: Clonk has no lag prediction, so you all run at the pace of the slowest person, your best bet it to stick to playing games in your region, and as a host only allow people below a certain ping in, normaly by restricting to an area, such as I only allow europians in, you can avoid most lag.

Anything missing? Any questions?

[ January 21, 2008: Message edited by: Delamore ]

Gulfd'An

Re: Clonk Rage: Throwing explosives at friends has never bee
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:31:00 pm »

i have spent many a hour playing clonk world with cpt timley but alas i can't get the internet to work so we had to sit at the same computer 8[.
(it was fun tho i always got blimps and threw flint every were and HINT: lome is a very very valuable resource)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

I haven't played it yet (downloading) but I wanted to say WAHOOO because there's a mac version!
Dang it! I don't have an Intel mac...
Oh well, I'll burn it and play it on my PC.

[ January 23, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

One thing, Clonk Planet at the classic section is in many ways better, and free.
Actually, I consider it much better. And this is not sentimentality, I discovered this game last week from the podcast thread on this very forum.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 05:12:00 pm »

Clonk Planet is indeed free but the controls are trickier than Rage's. Though you can play Rage for free, but without any of the addons and some of the levels are disabled. Theres still enough there if you can get multiplayer to work, which I cant...
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Fenrir

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dark:
<STRONG>Clonk Planet is indeed free but the controls are trickier than Rage's.</STRONG>

pfft! Trickier! Why, because you have to press the down key to stop moving?

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »

Its ture.  :(

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

Clonk's got shit pathfinding and controls. Other than that, it's fun.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Fenrir

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 06:58:00 pm »

I agree that the pathfinding is poor, but the controls aren't that bad.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »

Also, Ill start up a new server, since I've got a relatively fast connection, which world or melee to use? Im thinking ashlands, or canyon wars.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »

I vote canyon wars. If we're lucky we may get a good 2v2!

Edit: Torak yo going to specify a time?

[ January 25, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

greatleapforward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

I'm interested! Is there any documentation available in English?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dark:
<STRONG>
Edit: Torak yo going to specify a time?</STRONG>

Right now, and maybe once a day for a while.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 10:49:00 pm »

I either really, really, really suck at this game, or my clonks are the stupidest creatures to ever get AI.

Is it normal to be unable to pass the first mission, after multiple times?

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 06:53:00 am »

Don't use the AI, and it took me weeks before I finshed that mission, if you want spoilers PM me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17