Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Intense action....  (Read 3611 times)

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intense action....
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 05:42:00 am »

My prime example is Paradise Now. It's a film that everyone should watch once in their life. It's surreal - it's the only movie I've ever seen that has literally left the audience speechless. You just don't know how unnerving a room of 300 people, too freaked out that they're scared to breathe, is.

Oh, and End of Evangelion, which is pretty much the only anime I still respect in my old age.

They're horrible, torturous, gut-wrenching, mind-twisting, uncomfortable. And above all, magnificent. Sublime. Exquisite.

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

Evangelion is still one of the only animes I love.

That, and Gundam Wing. Yeah, screw you, it's awesome since it came before Bandai RAPED THEIR FRANCHISE TO DEATH.

Also, firefox spellchecker suggested I change 'animes' to 'anuses'....

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

JustOnePixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

I've been meaning to see Paradise Now for a long time, and it's good to hear another endorsement.  There's another movie called Day Night Day Night that has a similar subject matter - that one's also on the queue.
Tessie! 'nuf said' McGreevy shouted,
we're not here to mess around!
Boston, you know we love you madly,
hear the crowd roar to your sound!
Don't blame us if we ever doubt ya, you know we couldn't live without ya!
RED SOX!  You are the only, only, only!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 12:35:00 pm »

Well, they were both good movies, but I don't particularly feel like watching them over again, so I suppose Papillon and The Motorcycle Diaries would fall into the category.  There's also Syriana, but I can't remember how good that was.

None of those are exactly world-changing, but they're good movies that you really only need to see once.  I know a perfect candidate for the world-changing category, but I can't remember what it was called...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

Every time Berent posts, I like him a bit less.  I never liked him much to start.
Shoes...

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 08:30:00 pm »

Ouch that was PaInFuLl...
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

It's not like anyone here likes you, Berent.  You're kind of a nuisance.
Shoes...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 08:54:00 pm »

I can see this thread going down in flames if it continues like this.  Decidedly non-epic flames, in fact.
Pages: 1 [2]