Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sub Games Description  (Read 1995 times)

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sub Games Description
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:09:00 am »

I was looking at what games Toady has made, and I checked his Sub Games site out again, reading the descriptions, when I came across one game that had as its description...

*Religious Content*
*DO NOT PLAY*
*NO REDEEMING FEATURES*
*Requires DirectX*

And I looked at DirectX, and wondered how it fit in with those others, and I realized then that this was an exam question where you choose the one that least likely fits.

Usually when there's a caution label like, "Don't try this at home!" you get that urge to do it because of that.  But the way Toady writes the descriptions pretty much made my thought of playing them never cross my mind.

Has anyone ever tried those games out?

[ January 31, 2008: Message edited by: RustedAxe ]

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sub Games Description
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 07:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RustedAxe:
<STRONG>I was looking at what games Toady has made, and I checked his Sub Games site out again, reading the descriptions, when I came across one game that had as its description...

*Religious Content*
*DO NOT PLAY*
*NO REDEEMING FEATURES*
*Requires DirectX*

And I looked at DirectX, and wondered how it fit in with those others, and I realized then that this was an exam question where you choose the one that least likely fits.

Usually when there's a caution label like, "Don't try this at home!" you get that urge to do it because of that.  But the way Toady writes the descriptions pretty much made my thought of playing them never cross my mind.

[ January 31, 2008: Message edited by: RustedAxe ]</STRONG>

yeah, there....somewhat weird, such as the one where your the pope smiting demons who appear to be somewhat aroused . ww1 medic is awesome though i know it isnt in the sub games, think my high score was 7000ish and after hours of playing i finally managed to take a trench while still alive.

EE
E@E
EEE

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 10:13:00 am »

quote:

<STRONG>But the way Toady writes the descriptions pretty much made my thought of playing them never cross my mind.

</STRONG>

The way Toady writes descriptions cannot be written by anyone else. When I saw your post I was tempted to go play the 'DO NOT PLAY', but then when I was presented with the descriptions by Toady, I changed my mind.

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dark:
<STRONG>

The way Toady writes descriptions cannot be written by anyone else. When I saw your post I was tempted to go play the 'DO NOT PLAY', but then when I was presented with the descriptions by Toady, I changed my mind.</STRONG>

Yeah, Toady should definitely be one of those anti-**** advocates.  Whether it's global peace or .... moar war.  Hmmm... seems like someone should run for President.

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Edmund:
<STRONG>

yeah, there....somewhat weird, such as the one where your the pope smiting demons who appear to be somewhat aroused . ww1 medic is awesome though i know it isnt in the sub games, think my high score was 7000ish and after hours of playing i finally managed to take a trench while still alive.</STRONG>

What happens after you take over a trench?  I've played the game a bit, but hardly enough to get anywhere.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 06:25:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>

What happens after you take over a trench?  I've played the game a bit, but hardly enough to get anywhere.</STRONG>

I always get shot in the head by a friendly while trying to take a dying soldier back to the trench..

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>

What happens after you take over a trench?  I've played the game a bit, but hardly enough to get anywhere.</STRONG>

SPOILER!!!!

you get to take more :P

EE
E@E
EEE

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

That enviromental one: shooting lumberjacks and aligators with what looks like arrows. each one makes the population counter drop. You defend trees with animals in them, although you don't lose when you die.

That voting one: no clue, too confusing.

The wumples one: kill then all with a variety of methods.

The one mentioned at the top of this thread is already covered.

And... that other one: You are in a space ship, and shoot little stars trying to censor the vowels in bad language before it reached the babies.

Eh?
Eh!

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 11:39:00 pm »

In I'm Voting For Myself, you have to protect Billy from himself, and the stray kittens from Billy.  He starts beating off and you have to get his mother to barge in on him, to keep him from finishing and having God kill a kitten.  If you get his mother to barge in when he's not beating off (pretending to sleep, watching Power Rangers, coding in perl, whatever) she leaves him alone, and you get a 20-second cooldown.

That's it, I'm calling Dr. Phil!

[ February 02, 2008: Message edited by: Abyssal Squid ]

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »

Oh my, I'm glad I haven't played those games.  They truly fit their descriptions.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

These games sound horrible yet awesome at the same time but for some reason I don't feel like trying them.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

One more thing: they all have 2D graphics.
Eh?
Eh!

Zonhin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Abyssal Squid:
<STRONG>In I'm Voting For Myself, you have to protect Billy from himself, and the stray kittens from Billy.  He starts beating off and you have to get his mother to barge in on him, to keep him from finishing and having God kill a kitten.  If you get his mother to barge in when he's not beating off (pretending to sleep, watching Power Rangers, coding in perl, whatever) she leaves him alone, and you get a 20-second cooldown.

That's it, I'm calling Dr. Phil!

[ February 02, 2008: Message edited by: Abyssal Squid ]</STRONG>

BILLY! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Zonhin:
<STRONG>

BILLY! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!</STRONG>

Nyghehehe, I-I like furries and catgirls the most!