Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"  (Read 13756 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"
« on: November 19, 2008, 03:23:37 pm »

Right now, I finally downloaded the latest version of LCS and has already begun my crusade to turn the US into L+ without killing anybody. I will plan on doing this by using sleepers. My main hope is to ensure that the CCS will never ever come into being. :P

Sleepers currently aquirred:
*One Judge (Begining of the game, located in Courthouse)
Ineffective

*One Janitor (converted by...'Coerced Dating' [dating followed by kidnapping], located in Auto Factory)
Respected

Sadly, I haven't stolen any goods to sell to buy weapons to assist in kidnapping, because I do not know how to break Conservative Doors (and I need money to buy crowbars). I will try to go to some Radio Station/TV Station though, maybe I'll find stuff over there.

Right now, both sleepers are Spouting Conservatism in order to help inflirate conservative society. If they are high, I hope that I can easily use these Sleepers to funnel money to the organization, steal important documents, or start converting society, but for now, I decide I'll let society turn from M to C. My main fear is that with this new Infliration system, it means that my Sleepers are more likely to get caught if I start spouting Liberalism, and I don't want that to happen, especially since people who get caught will likely enough testify against you when you get arrested. (If however, that doesn't happen, I'll set them to just spouting Liberalism, waiting for a potential news story about the evils of conservaitism is not worth doing the CCS' work for them.)

[That being said, if I never get caught committing any crime...I may never have to worry about former LCS Sleepers testifying against me...so I could send them their doom...]

There is still the problem of me not having a weapon (I only got $7), so should I start recruiting Hippies and send them off to do some "Fundraising" and other recruitment?

...Oh yeah, and if you want to become a Liberal, tell me what you position you want, and I'll rename you. No pictures though.

EDIT: Oh god, I just realized Sleepers can go and launder money over to LCS. That's pretty useful, though it leads to the question of how long will it take for such money to be sent over, and how quickly that will decrease Infliration.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:17:31 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, An "Community...er...Squad"
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 04:23:41 pm »

This is definitely doable. I managed to win a bloodless victory in... um... 3.14? 3.15? One of the "unwinnable" releases; it took forever for the senate to flip. I concur that a key point is never inciting Conservatives into breaking out the CCS. That's almost certain doom.

My tact wasn't even sleepers; it was pure pure propaganda. We never committed a crime more serious than tagging, though we did do a lot of that. By the time we finished, we were utterly filthy rich from high-skill, high-output Liberal Artists hocking their wares.

Hmm... by what you say this should be a lot easier now than it was then. I may need to give the bloodless route another spin.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 04:26:52 pm »

Game mechanics blathering:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I vote for Hippies and Fundraising!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 05:30:39 pm »

New LCS Recruits:
*4 Hippies
*1 Brainwashed College Students (with writing skills)

New LCS Sleepers:
*Securtiy Guard, AM Radio Station
*Secertary, News Station
====
"The Diary From The Future President of the United States of America, Who Served As An Liberal Activist To Protest The Unjust Conservative Regime":

Recruited the Hippies today, but there seems to be a little bit of a problem.

The Hippes aren't very great at doing legal fundraising. They can't get people to donate money to the LCS at all. I don't know why, I really thought screaming, "DONATE NOW!" in front of the Regan Gentlemen's Club would be a great idea, but the money isn't flowing in. I only got $10.

One of the Hippes desire to be an artist, but it cost money to make paintings, so we'd be operating at a loss for some time, and even if we wanted to, we can't afford the art supplies anyway, so that was pointless. There is a possiblity we could just switch over to selling brownies instead, but I believe that would cost money to make the brownies, so we'd just be in the same boat.

The good news is that the College Student that I manage to brainwash convert, he's very good at persuasion. I sent him to do some Civil Disobidence to get his juice up so that when he's finished, he'd be more than willing to raise money for the LCS. That should get us at least a head start in raising money for forming an Art Industry.
===
EDIT: It's the begining of Feburary 2007, and here's the status of Sleepers:
1) Judge, Court House, Respected
2) Janitor, Auto Plant, Respected
3) Security Guard, Radio Station, Respected
4) Secretary, News Station, Respected

Hopefully, these people will reach 100% infliration before the end of 2007, so that I can start rolling back the Conservative outreach I orignally have done.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 05:47:09 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 06:08:27 pm »

I'd ask that you recruit an engineer with high science skill who'd be trained in stealth and assigned to push the big red button, but it looks like you're not going to be doing any button pushing, which is a shame.  But the CSS might sprout despite your best efforts, so how about recruiting an engineer anyway just in case you want to push the big red button anyway.  Name him "Gibby the Fox" if you'd be so kind.  In the meantime he can hang around the shelter posting mean comments on conservative forums.  It's probably what I'll be doing with my life in a few years anyway.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 06:15:57 pm »

An Community Squad?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 06:18:24 pm »

Get some Radio Personalities.  You want them as soon as possible.

By Technical Pacifist, does that mean you will attack people, but try not to kill them?  Probably going to want some hand-to-hand or melee heavy people, but don't use swords.

Also- Servant Corps!  So, you've been hiding out with these liberal scum?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 06:19:32 pm »

Nah, he was a sleeper for us all along.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 06:25:44 pm »

I'd ask that you recruit an engineer with high science skill who'd be trained in stealth and assigned to push the big red button, but it looks like you're not going to be doing any button pushing, which is a shame ...

I was led to believe that if you press the button and cause a meltdown, the nuclear power plant will shut down, and not actually explode, killing people. If this is true, you aren't really killing anybody, just exposing a major security flaw that could encourage society to not use nuclear power. Sorta like...uber-"civil disobidence".

The problem is that I fear that the more crimes you commit, the more likely the CCS will reveal. If I get an engineer to post mean comments, that would help to counter all the Sleepers I have that are spouting conservativsm, but those mean comments might cause the CCS to be formed in the first place.

I did do a bit of CD to boost up juice, but I don't think CD would cause the CCS.

By Technical Pacifist, does that mean you will attack people, but try not to kill them?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Nah, I'm not sure if I will actually attack people at all. I'm still keeping it at Technical Pacifism, because who knows what could happen...

The problem is that my interrogation method actually does fly into the 'real pacifist' camp. I'm doing the "goody-cop" method, which requires starving and dehydraditing a person for two days, give them food and water, then starve them for another two days, and repeat.

Nah, he was a sleeper for us all along.

Actually, I'm an CCS Sleeper disguised as an LCS Sleeper, and currently being bribed by the MCS. Long story.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:30:46 pm by Servant Corps »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 06:29:50 pm »

Yeah, nuclear terrorism is a front page story which will definately cause the CSS to sprout.  But I don't think mean comments can, because mean comments don't produce news stories.  I'm almost certain you need to be in the newspaper at least once before the CSS appears.

Alternatively, Gibby could play the role of bad cop most of the time, and be the good cop when you're trying to flip scientists.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 08:54:30 pm »

Okay, the first new batch of new laws are being passed. Congress voted to limit animal cruelty and protect the unborn and rejected a law to reward industry. President Hans signed the bill voting to protect the unborn, and vetoed the bill on animal cruelty.

EDIT: Complete failure. I kidnapped an radio host and failed to brainwash him in time. Front page, in big BOLD colors: "Radio Host Kidnapped!" This is not good. At all. The more news articles I get, the more likely the CCS will arrive...altough at least the LCS isn't in the news, just two kidnappings (a College Student and a Radio Host).

EDIT: And now an 'Hanging Judge' was revealed to be kidnapped too...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:35:53 pm by Servant Corps »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 09:21:31 pm »

Having not looked at the code, I believe the CCS is only triggered if you get an article saying the LCS breaks onto the scene. The first one of those you get triggers the CCS.  It may be a month or two until you see the CCS but thats when it starts.

If the security guard has a gun you may want to have him join the LCS so you can get a gun real quick.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 11:20:00 pm »

Sleeper Update:
---Judge, Court House: Known Conservative
---Janitor, Auto Plant: Known Conservative
---2 Security Guards, Radio Station: Known Conservative
---Seceratary, AM Station: Known Conservative
---Lawyer, Court House: Known Conservative
---Radio Personality, just recruited, AM Station: Stalwart Arch-Conservative

Yes!

Other news:
*2 Radio Personalities, 2 Corporate Managers are members of the LCS.
*Gippy the Fox has found his dream job: Trolling.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 11:57:30 pm »

Buy a newspaper and set a whole crew of people spreading the liberal word.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:18 am »

Gippy?  Sounds like Gipper...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5