Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"  (Read 13757 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 12:29:39 am »

Squeegy the Merciless here, signing on to be your main interrogator!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 09:36:40 am »

You get one better, Squeegy.

You get to be my Founder as well. (Your interrogation score is 6.36)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:11:48 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 01:24:48 pm »

Not tiny image is not tiny.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:32:43 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 01:52:09 pm »

Lies!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 05:50:47 pm »

Just remove the .th from the url of the image for now
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 10:23:50 pm »

Sadly, I haven't stolen any goods to sell to buy weapons to assist in kidnapping, because I do not know how to break Conservative Doors (and I need money to buy crowbars). I will try to go to some Radio Station/TV Station though, maybe I'll find stuff over there.

There's a much better way to both keep with your sleeper path and earn money, without breaking and entering!

Just let the sleepers steal for you!  Should be an option along with the embezzlement. 

Also, Liberalize Me!  Name's EuchreJack, but you can modify that as you see fit.  Please, let me steal for you!  Those Conservative swine have enough!

By the way, did you know you could recruit sleepers directly, without hostage-taking?  Should be an option when your recruit the person.  Of course, they usually start out as Liberal or Ineffective (as they wouldn't join you otherwise), but how deep do you have to be in order to steal some office supplies?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 10:35:45 pm »

If your a known liberal and attempt to steal, your liable to get caught.  Still calling a security guard out of sleeping and taking his gun would be a quick way to get one.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 11:13:52 pm »

By the way, did you know you could recruit sleepers directly, without hostage-taking?

Yes, I know that, but it takes up one of your recruiment slots, and I prefer to fill them with people who can directly aid the LCS. The only benieft to recruiting sleepers directly so that you can expand your sleeper network. I got a free Judge sleeper who will be set to doing that once he reaches Arch-Conservative.

Also, I seem to be doing fine on the Money Front, but that's because my LCS doesn't really spend money on much (buying weapons, ammo, disguses, etc. can really add up). I did establish a Liberal Guardian, and sent some journalists over there, so I could use some money to feed those journalists. What might be more useful though is stealing documents from the Conservatives, to reveal around November 2007...

I'll liberalize one of the Corporate Managers I see running around (while trying, for a very long time, to find some Radio Personality that I can kidnap). They should already be at "Trusted Conservative" level. I'll check to see if he can steal office supplies.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 12:53:57 am »

By the way, did you know you could recruit sleepers directly, without hostage-taking?

Yes, I know that, but it takes up one of your recruiment slots, and I prefer to fill them with people who can directly aid the LCS. The only benieft to recruiting sleepers directly so that you can expand your sleeper network. I got a free Judge sleeper who will be set to doing that once he reaches Arch-Conservative.

Additional point, conservatives converted through brainwashing will retain their old infiltration level, while seduced conservatives will have much reduced infiltration, and moderates and liberals have weak infiltration in general.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:05 pm »

Gah, I forgot to Liberalize a Corporate Manager for you, EuchreJack, I will do so now, right after I make the "State of the Liberal Crime Squad" speech.

Ahem. August 4th, 2007.

1) Gibby the Fox has knocked out several News sites in the past months. Good job Gibby. You earn a gold star.

2)
Supreme Court Time
*Enhance Labor Standards---Rejected, 7-2
*Protect Free Speech----Rejected, 5-4
*Limit Animal Cruelty---Rejected, 5-4
*Punish Polluters---Rejected, 5-4
*Expand Homosexual Rights---Rejected , 8-1
*Stop Harrassment of Police Officers, SUPPORTED, 5-4

Presumably, this is due to my sleepers. Had I set them all to Support Liberalism, maybe...just maybe, I would have swung one of the Conservatives to vote Liberal. Oh well.

CHANGING OF THE GUARD:
Justice Jaqueline Bump, Moderate, is stepping down.
The Honorable Monica Washignton, Conservative, is appointed to the bench!

Never going to happen now.

3) Converted an TV Anchorman and the Cigar Bar's Bouncer, turned them into Sleeper.

4) Squeegy got his juice up to 20 by conducting Civil Disobidence. Squeegy also got 5 extra Juice for kidnapping the Cigar Bar's Bouncer outright (rather than dating and kidnapping). Squeegy got an Katana to assist in kidnapping and a Cheap Suit to assist in the arts of sneaking around in the Ciga Bar.

5) Squeegy had some problems with interrogating an Police Gang Unit. The Police didn't know one of their elites was gone until 14 days had past, while Squeegy got endlessly tortured when the Police Gang Unit played mind gangs. Even when the Unit began to crack, it still mentioned about what our Liberal mothers would have felt. The Unit did finally get converted, but not in time to be a Sleeper.

The reason he didn't break as easily as the others was because he got 2.0 Interrogation Skill. I decide that, for whatever lame reason, I'm going to create a new Conversion Squad. One of the Hippes will stop Fundraising and instead date and kidnap Conservatives. Then the Police Gang Unit will come in turn those people into Sleepers. This should assist in getting me as many sleepers as possible.

Question: Most of the Sleepers are at Trusted, but a few are still at Known. All except for the Radio Personality is set to promoting Conservativism, including the Bouncer and the Janitors, etc. When would be a good time to stop Promoting Conservativsm and send them to Promoting Liberalism. Currently, I am following a policy of waiting until they reach Arch-Conservative and then setting them loose to promote Liberalism, but that may take a long time, and I am still afraid of doing the CCS' work for them. Plus, Plebsctice Season is coming up.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 09:24:32 pm »

Sleepers seem to work on a month to month basis. I would wait till september to change them over to liberalism for 2 months then back to conservatism. If any of them has leadership keep em conservative till they are arch conservative then recruit sleepers with them.

Interrogation seems extremely hard to overcome without torture. My high heart high charisma and int founder with 9+ interrogation has tons of trouble with anyone who has any interrogation skill.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »

If any of them has leadership keep em conservative till they are arch conservative then recruit sleepers with them.

All the people other than the Judge I have are brainwashed, making them impossible to recruit.

Also, some other To-Do notes:
1) I may need to steal a car so I can reach the Conservative HQ and kidnap CEOes. What people are good at stealing cars?
2) I have problems with kidnapping police officers. They seem to resist by punching me and sending me to jail. Even equipping an Sword causes the Police Officer to still punch me, forcing me to reload. Should I abandon trying to convert Police Officers?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 10:31:20 pm »

1: Driving ability helps evade the cops if they catch you as you leave with the car, and security help steal the car.  You can train security easily, but driving requires a car, catch-22.

Sometimes, Hippies, transients, and others have driving.  Taxi Drivers always will have driving skill.  I think there's a garbage guy which also usually has driving skill.  Usually, taxi drivers can be found at the appartments.

2: Yeah, I remember hearing they resist more during dates than other people.  Still, the odds with an armed liberal are about 50/50 of getting arrested, so just keep at it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 10:40:07 pm »

My suggestions would be:

Sleepers.
1) Promoting liberalism is most effective when infiltration is as high as possible.
2) Promoting liberalism damages their infiltration least if you get infiltration high before starting.
3) Laying low will increase their infiltration without damaging the issues, but it'll come at a slower rate.
4) Some characters, like janitors and fast food workers, don't have much ability to affect the issues even at max infiltration.

Good person for stealing a car.
1) Security to quickly pick the door lock and hotwire the car.
2) Agility and health to run fast if caught.

Or, use somebody totally expendable, give them a crowbar or something, and have them smash out windows and look for keys.

Kidnapping Police, CCS, Agents, etc..
1) Use somebody expendable -- there's no truly safe way to do this.
2) Bring a gun. A sword or other melee weapon is a minimum, but a gun is ideal.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 10:50:43 pm »

You don't really need driving skill to steal a car.  The odds of the cops showing up just as you're leaving are pretty small.  If they do, you can just bail out and try the next day.  Agility is important for running away however.

If you want an uber interrogator to train those who know interrogation, train your interrogators up in science and religion by having them interrogate some techs/priests.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5