Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"  (Read 13761 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 01:04:02 am »

Speaking of priests, where can I find them?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 03:06:50 am »

Try the court house and police station maybe?  If you're really sneaky you could find them at a CSS base, but you shouldn't be having any of those appear.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 03:52:20 am »

if this spot is still open, I claim a writer, and vote for fundraising to get the liberal guardian going
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 04:52:44 am »

Seeing as we're trying to stay out of the news, the liberal guardian probably isn't much use to us until there's conservative secrets to publish.  Stealing conservative secrets always generates a front page story so we'll need either hackers or sleepers.  My vote is for hackers because one hacker can generate all the news you'll need without ruining the cover of any sleepers.  And, seeing as you don't have any heat to speak of, your hacker probably won't get arrested in the first place. 
I'd prefer you got someone other then Gibby to be said hacker, Gibby is a simple denzien of the internet, content with generating the lulz.  Hacking is game for bigger trolls then he.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 05:27:14 am »

Grab a programmer and task them to write a dynamically-generated hierarchical pathfinding optimization for Dwarf Fortress based on waypoints at the outside corners of walls in player-altered terrain before graduating to hacking corporate secrets?

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 10:55:52 am »

Grab a programmer and task them to write a dynamically-generated hierarchical pathfinding optimization for Dwarf Fortress based on waypoints at the outside corners of walls in player-altered terrain before graduating to hacking corporate secrets?

Seconded!
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 02:54:42 pm »

I don't even know what to say.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 12:01:13 pm »

Seconded!

Thirded!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 04:14:20 pm »

---Since I don't know much about DF, I am tasking that job to Johnathan S. Fox. You've been recruited in, welcome.
---Sleeper EucrheFox just leaked some Corporate documents over to me. The Liberal Guardian is going to have a nice time tonight.
---It's September now. Election season is around the corner, so changing all Sleepers to Preaching Liberalism (except for the Judge, he'll stay Conservative until he's reach Arch-Conservative, so I can recruit more people). Recruited an Actor as well.

That must be one powerful Radio Personality.

EDIT2:
"This is breaking news from AM Radio news: On September 1st 2007, 4 Corporate Managers, 3 Lawyers, 1 Cable Anchorman, and 1 Actor signed a petition calling for the Conservative President to be impeached for abandoning Arch-Conservative thinking, when he vetoed two bills that would have defended Conservativism.

The leader of the intiviate, Carlos Sawyer, said, "We have tried secret backchannels to alert the President, but he has refused to budge from his position. We need to have safeguards on nuclear technology, to ensure that these technologies do not fall into the wrong hands. We need to cloose loopholes that allow for rogue secret agencies to spy on mega-corporations, thereby harming our profits and bottom lines. The President has refused to do such a thing. We were willing to compromise, but he wouldn't budge."

Conservative bloggers are hard on work discussing and dissecting this new information. Defenders of the Veto point out that many Conservative politicans have also voted against the two Bills as well, and that the President has signed a Conservative Bill exempting corporate executives from the death penatly. A few bloggers even quoted the Consitution in stating that the President may only be impeached if he committed a fenoly or high misdemenor, not because people hate him. The President himself stated that he has vetoed the two bills because he felt that existing regulations needed to be enforced more.

The Conservative Party may have been splintered for the time being, giving the Liberal Party a much needed chance at a rebound."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:40:14 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 05:46:26 pm »

In no particular order...it seems I have a less and less effective pacifist LCS every day (because I'm setting everybody to persuade, even after the 2007 proposals). Only the 2008 election will prove if I actually am doing something important in swaying society. If not...um...well...

First of all, some generic news stories. Radition has been proven to increase test scores, childern in Texas are crying that their favorite wizard got killed, a bright Liberal guest on a Cable News Station finished a sentence, two nuclear power plants melted down, and a radioactive bunny killed 30 people in LA. I would post the images for these stories, but they are quite boring stuff.

The 2007 election was a great disappointment. It seems there was massive election fraud.

98% Yes? Did I somehow mixed up LCS up with Batah Crime Squad?

Anyway, there seems to be a problem. Remember when I stated that I turned Congress 'Moderate'. Well, it turns out to be the main problem. Congress is hijacked by the Radical Moderates...and they're going to attempt to turn society into a Moderate dystopia! The horrors!

This would explain why they wanted to limit the Death Penatly, Enhance Privacy Standards, and Limit Nuclear Power in the last congressional session, while supporting the sancity of marriage. The Death Penatly, Privacy, and Nuclear Power were all at C, and Gay Rights were at L. The Moderates desired to turn society Moderate, and so proposed the Law Changes. Hans, the President, only supports the Radical Moderates when they propose a Conservative shift, except in the case of limiting the Death Penalty.

So, Corporate Regulations, back at M again. I hope they don't the thorny issue of gay rights in the second 2008 Congress Session, or they would basically be rolling back both propostions. The Radical Moderates lost on the gun control issue anyway.

Supreme Court Watch brought me this:

You can almost hear me breathe a sign of relief. The last thing I want to do is see everybody armed with guns walking around and then punching me with said guns when I ask them out on a date.
My first Sleeper Judge has finally became Arch-Conservative, so I sent him recruiting. And, alas, he lost his Arch-Conservative status, but he gained a lawyer. I'm going to wait until he recruits a second guy before I set him to promote Liberalism.

All sleepers are sent to promote liberalism, which I guess may be bad, but it's only because this is an election year, and I guess I really want to finally kick those Radical Moderates out of Congress.

Two news stories published:
*March: I run the story featuring Corporate files describing an intricate tax scheme, riling up Corporations!
*I accidentlly leaked a story featuring cable news memo about a false scandal about a Liberal figure. This angers the Conservative masses.

Johnatan S. Fox has stole Corporate files and Cable News memos. He also broke into the CIA's secret databse twice! Thanks John!

And lastly, on a more serious note, more and more of my men are being arrested and sent to trial, after being sent to Cause Trouble. This is how it usually goes:

Noel was charged with one count of kidnapping and found not guilty. After, I sent her to seduce a couple of people, and turn them into Love Slaves, altough I sent her to do some date/kidnap on Conservatives. Now, I usually leave her on Causing Trouble, but then there does seem to be a problem. She got beaten up by a mob and got her spine broken, forcing her to get a wheelchair. She got arrested again, on charges of assault, and then got aquitted. Now, she's in prison again.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:56:00 pm by Servant Corps »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 06:53:07 pm »

Cool to see you're still going.  I like seeing other people's strategies, since I never have any idea what to do.

If you get a sleeper news anchor or radio personality could you name them after me?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 11:38:36 pm »

There needs to be a wheelchair bonus to defend against charges of violent crime in court.

"My client, that lovely young lady in the wheelchair right there, is charged, despite being in a wheelchair, of, while in a wheelchair, of assaulting a perfectly healthy grown man who has the full use of both of his legs.  I will demonstrate... blah blah legalese.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 05:41:34 am »

I second that, Mainiac. Only makes sense.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 08:02:24 am »

I never seem to be able to get this sort of progress on my games... I should stop trying to train my founder into an elite liberal ninja.

Edit: on second thought, I want to be an elite liberal safe-cracking, red button pushing ninja.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:04:22 am by chaoticag »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 12:07:24 pm »

Whenever you put such pressure on one man/woman/transgender individual, the chance of failure is high.

Instead, recruit an athlete/professional thief, and make them the elite liberal safe-cracking, red button pushing ninja.  Then, when they die (and they always die sometime), you can go out and recruit another one, instead of staring at the GAME OVER screen.

Remember, as long as the LCS is alive, it can win!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5