Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"  (Read 13923 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 12:10:25 pm »

Also, you might want a ninja fan club, with some backup people at 100 juice ready to take lead of the LCS in case your Founder dies of a heart attack. That way, you can still continue to recruit, for a long, long time.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »

Also, you might want a ninja fan club, with some backup people at 100 juice ready to take lead of the LCS in case your Founder dies of a heart attack. That way, you can still continue to recruit, for a long, long time.

And considering that graffiti during a raid counts as a crime (and 20 graffiti counts as 20 crimes), it doesn't take too long to get six people with 100 juice.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »

I thought there was a juice cap on grafiti... Don't you need rediculous art skill to get that much juice? Plus you'll also need street sense and stuff.

Yes, I can tell that Elite liberal theives have a short life span, and I am looking for one that isn't going to be my founder. Plus, he needs psychology as you need a high science skill to push the big red button.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 02:51:23 pm »

There is a juice cap on the activation graffiti. The graffiti you spray with a can at sites is considered a crime and thus worth one point of juice up to 20. Killing a standard conservative is 10 points of crime and worth 10 juice up to 20 a run. Killing a big time conservative is 40  points of crime but only worth 20 juice. So the fastest real time method of juice increase is 6 man squads killing the bouncer every day. In 100 days you will get 1000 juice and 100 murder charges so you may want to turn yourself in sometime in there.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 07:05:41 pm »

A Satanist serial killer was arrested in Baton Rouge, LA, and the people there are aiming for the death penatly. A Conservative judge resigns because of an affair with a prositute.

The Liberal Guardian highlighted Corporate misrule, talking about sweatshops in foriegn countries and the continued existance of the "Homo-Workers" list. They also drew attention to Cable News bias, showcasing memos talking about two attempts to drum up a scandal against a Liberal politican, and revealing a memo telling that Cable News is the "vanguard of Conservative thought". Since I got no guns, and this is the Pacifist crime squad, a raid by hicks would easily destroy the LCS.

Johnatan S. Fox has been finding tons of Cable News Memos, while EuchreJack has been busy rebuilding his infliration after losing lots of trust, so that he can more effectively steal Corporate memos.

Noel was found not guilty of assault and let out of prison. She got out and attempted to kidnap a College Student who escaped. The College Student told the police, and Noel was arrested again while fundraising. She was found not guilty in November of those charges, but it turns out the jury is now only 'fairly Liberal' instead of 'flaming Liberal'. So that's what, 4 times she's got arrested?

I wasted lots of time due to looking around for sleepers inside of the

Due to the closeness of the election, all people were set to Promoting Liberalism, except for EuchreJack.

It seems that the Conservatives has attempted to get their agenda onto the table, but were rejected. However the Flag Burning ban is highly supported by the Radical Moderates, since Flag Burning Laws were liberal. Oh well.

I did some polls somewhere during the summer, before this second Congressional session was passed.

The society has Moderate views on pollution and death penatly, thanks to the associated news stories (pollution is good for you, the satanic Serial Killer). There is no sleeper that can directly affect Pollution issues, so it looks like I had to rely on Sleepers to change that. Because the death penatly is the most important of the issues in the Presidental election, it appeared that the Liberal Party would likely lose the Presidental election, and the Conservative Party will win by nominating a Moderate.

A few days before November, I did another set of polls.

I stupidly forgot to save the second page of polls, but I believe all issues there were liberal, around 99% were saw Cable News Station as biased, and that was high priority.

Pollution is still moderate, but the death penatly is now at liberal, securing the Liberal Party victory.

How much victory?

The House Before November:

The House After November:

The State of the Union, After November 2008:

Our ally: The President, the People, the House
The Enemy: The Radical Moderates in the Senate, the Supreme Court

I'm going to run some numbers and take a look at how the game begins in order to do a quick summary of how the Laws actually changed since Janurary 2007.

EDIT: Hey guys, how do you copy and paste text inside of LCS? Taking pictures and uploading them is tiring, and I like to show the character sheets of Aqizzar and Akroma.

EDIT2: The country at the begining of the game, Janurary 2007.

So the Radical Moderates has always controlled congress, even at the begining of 2007! Strange, I always assumed all branches of government were controlled by the Conservatives, at least in the verry old version of LCS I played in the past.

Abortion: Moved from L to M. -1
Animal Research: Moved from C to M. +1
Law Enforcement Regulation: Stayed the same. +0
Privacy Laws: Moved from C to M. +1
Death Penatly: Moved from C to M. +1
Nuclear Power: Moved from C to M. +1
Pollution legalistation: Stayed the Same. +0
Workers' Rights: Stayed the Same. +0
Homosexual Rights: Stayed the Same. +0
Flag Burning: Moved from L to M. -1
Gun Control: Stayed the same. +0
Taxes: Stayed the Same. +0

Since there are a total of 5 different positions (C+, C, M, L, L+) that a law can take, there are 60 different law positions that could exist at any given time. 4 laws have moved more Liberal, but 2 laws have moved more Conservative, stating that only 2 laws have really moved more Liberal. The country has moved only 2/60 points towards liberalism, or 3.33%.

Most of the 'progress' is in fact trying to roll back Conservative gains during Hans' rule. For example, Hans signed a law restricting gay rights. Then the people passed a law to roll that back. The people passed a law trying to increase workers' rights, but the Radical Moderates overturned that, so everything returns back to normal.

Still, Hans must really hate the death penatly, because he signed a bill allowing for its regulation, even when only 51 people voted for it. It's really werid. (In a previous game I played, the Conservative President had a soft spot for animals and signed a bill for regulation of animal research...) It is likely Hans was affected by popular opinion, but then it wouldn't explain why he still was adamant about other forms of Moderations.

EDIT 3: Er. Sorry Aqizzar. I can assure you I spelt your name correctly inside the game though.

There's really only 6 Conservative judges on the Court, because one Moderate Judge retired back in 2007. For the most part, I'd be content if the Judges merely vote for the Status Quo, whatever it is, and let the People change the laws slowly towards Liberalism.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:02:53 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 07:18:03 pm »

Wow, you're actually winning, except President Hans managed to pack the Supreme Court with Conservatives before he left.  For pollution, maybe you can try trashing some factories?  Still Technically Pacifist if you don't hurt anybody!

EDIT: Hey guys, how do you copy and paste text inside of LCS?

I don't think there's an actual way to, since it's not exactly a text program.  Be good to know if there is.

Azquiarr

Jesus H. Christ man.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 11:39:25 pm »

The politicians start at a conservative stance. The nation itself starts at dead moderate which means conservative ideals go liberal and vice versa to please the main stream. Its why gun control goes moderate so often in the first few law changing events.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2008, 12:33:41 am »

He can't raid factories.  That would activate the CSS who he can't fight while being a pacifist.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2008, 12:44:36 am »

Just get a factory worker as a sleeper.  That should affect the pollution issue.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2008, 12:46:28 am »

In the code, there are no sleepers that affect Pollution. Factory Workers (and many other sleepers) only make the LCS more popular, and the LCS' popularity can sway the general population to be liberal on certain issues, like Pollution. But this is a general, roundabout method, and it's far more effective to use cultrual sleepers to directly affect all issues.

EDIT: It may be possible to raid factories, if and only if you don't attract media attention. I influenced the jury several times and the media didn't care. But once I get in the front pages, you can kiss my squad goodbye.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:48:43 am by Servant Corps »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2008, 12:54:14 am »

Actually, you can do quite a bit before the CCS activates.

You can probably get away with killing about 20 people before the CCS activates, give or take, depending on how many die per site action, what else you're doing, and the frequency of the fatalities.

I'm certain you can make a few headlines before the CCS shows.  Just don't kill anybody.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2008, 01:11:37 am »

Actually, you can do quite a bit before the CCS activates.

You can probably get away with killing about 20 people before the CCS activates, give or take, depending on how many die per site action, what else you're doing, and the frequency of the fatalities.

I'm certain you can make a few headlines before the CCS shows.  Just don't kill anybody.

Make the very last page of the newspaper one single time and the CCS will show.  It just doesn't show right away, it takes time for them to get organized.

It's possible, if you are sneaky, to bust up factory equipment without a newspaper article, but I don't know if that affects pollution at all without the story.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Ryan1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2008, 05:35:34 pm »

I apologise if this has been said in the last half of this thread (I read the first two pages concerning money problems, couldn't be bothered to read more...yet had to make sure this was said).

Right, if you want legal + easy money...just ask for cash donations. Get your founder (or somebody who needs high persuasion) to go to the Vegan Co-Op and talk about the issues to every green character for 2-3 minutes. On all of them, casually talk about politics (the free one) untill they are ready to fight...and they will provide you with masses if you get like 20-30 of them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2008, 05:47:11 pm »

There's one problem.

I got $6,000 already. I make $100 a month. I don't need any more money. I'm too loaded.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2008, 09:13:38 am »

EDIT: Hey guys, how do you copy and paste text inside of LCS? Taking pictures and uploading them is tiring, and I like to show the character sheets of Aqizzar and Akroma.

Is that Windows you're playing under? I don't recognize the UI style of the frame, but I suppose it could be something custom or (<shudder>) Vista.

In XP (and one would hope Vista), you can copy from inside a terminal program like LCS by right-clicking on the taskbar-thingy at the top of the window (in your case where the "C:\Users\etc." appears). This opens a menu giving a variety of selections, as well as the "Edit" submenu. Under "Edit", select "Mark". At this point, left-click on a likely spot on the LCS screen, and drag the held-down button to select a rectangle of text. To copy it to the Clipboard, simply right-click anywhere in the LCS window.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5