Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"  (Read 13865 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: "Technical Pacifist" Crime Squad, A "Community...er...Squad"
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 11:02:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Works for Vista, its the exact same too.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2008, 01:32:28 am »

How are you doing that? I must know.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2008, 04:15:32 am »

See E. Albright's post, he explains it.

Just right click the top bar, go to edit and click on mark, then drag your mouse over the entire screen, right click the task bar and go to edit copy.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2008, 04:29:14 am »

Yeah I noticed that about half an hour after I posted. Useful info.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2008, 04:00:51 pm »

Because I'm bored, and because it looks to me that the Elite Liberal movement is reaching critical mass...

And because Noel doesn't like going to jail...

I'm having Noel going out and turning Liberals into Love Slaves, so they can promote Liberalism.

Spoiler: Noel Hendrix (click to show/hide)

Some other Important Characters:
Spoiler: Gibby (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squeegy, Founder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Akroma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Johnatan S. Fox (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aqizzar, Sleeper (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EuchreJack, Sleeper (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Also, some news. The CIA has busted up plans to kill the Elite Liberal President. Some goths plotted to kill the President, but luckily, the CIA has gotten a sleeper within the goths' clique and managed to put an end to such a plot. Privacy laws are going to be negatively affected, as a result.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:03:16 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2008, 04:46:04 pm »

Alright, Janurary 6, 2009 is the beginging of the end for one half of my Techincal Pacifist Squad.

I gave Noel equipped a gun (accidently abusing some cheat in the game mechanics that allow Noel to use a gun when she's not supposed to), and kidnapped two police officers and two bouncers.

Then I let my Police Gang Unit convert them. This was stupid. The police officers were resistant to Interrogation, and couldn't be broken. So he continued to convert and convert and convert, but...they only slowly budged. One police officer was left in the Homeless Slether...and he wasn't converted, even when I sent the another Police Officer to officer my Police Gang Unit.

Combine that with the constant heat generated by hacking, and so the Police has now attacked.

Noel is happily safe, having relocated to the Liberal Guardian, where the more experienced interrogator, Squeegy, can convert (ready to convert people). But since it took a long time for even him to break police officers, I realize trying to convert police officers is dumb. But everybody else in that Homeless Slether...done for. Let just hope my Lawyer Sleeper can bust them out...

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While 6 Liberals are arrested, all the other Liberals have ran away like the Conservative cowards they are. I'm sure I had more people than just 6 Liberals there, but I'll reload an earlier save if I got time and actually check. (Okay, I just realized. Since my leader can only handle 6, a couple Liberals had to have gone away. And the fact is, many of the people in said Safehouse were Kidnap Victims. Oh well.)

While it may be dumb, I think it was the right thing to do. To break a siege requires that I have to, gulp, kill people. No way I can do that.

Oh well, should make it more interesting. I did something so incredibly stupid, I'll pay the price for it.

EDIT2: Gibby the Fox and Johnatan S. Fox are amongst the six people who are being arrested. And they've both were brainwashed people. I believe they will be rehabilited. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:57:43 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2008, 02:33:22 am »

No!  I can't go back there!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2008, 04:14:49 am »

Spoiler: Aqizzar, Sleeper (click to show/hide)

A Stalwart Arch-Conservative Cable Anchor named Diwakar Savedra, with 11 Charisma but only 1.00 Persuasion.  The Fox News Equal Opportunity Program made one hell of a catch.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2009, 08:37:07 pm »

I've been playing a game where I changed from violence to pacifism, and found out a vital flaw with just recruiting brainwashed sleepers: They can't recruit.  And that's the best part of the sleepers.

With recruited sleepers, you could probably win by just getting a sleeper in every major building.  What's really cool is that they can recruit other types of character, as I had a sleeper janitor recruit a sleeper police officer!

Now, brainwashed liberals have their place, as reinforcements for the willing recruits, and as the active liberals.

Just some thoughts.  Also, I usually don't put my hackers with everybody else.  Finally, try going harder on the more stubborn automations, and if you want sleepers, don't hesitate to spend some cash.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2009, 10:28:15 pm »

Brainwashed liberals are great for getting documents and suchlike. After all, if they get caught, you don't lose anyone under them. Great for those special editions.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2009, 09:59:22 am »

With recruited sleepers, you could probably win by just getting a sleeper in every major building.  What's really cool is that they can recruit other types of character, as I had a sleeper janitor recruit a sleeper police officer!

No probably about it. I've won in this manner without ever committing a single crime. Takes a while, though, and a lot of micromanagement on the sleeper screen.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2009, 10:57:17 pm »

Since my second laptop imploded, I lost all the data. I'll tell you what I can remember, and then close this LP.

1) Johnatan S. Fox and Gibby the Fox both ratted us out. I was afraid of raids, and moved some people around, but nothing came. I recruited a new programmer, stashed him in an abandonded warehouse.
2) The Corporations finally raided the Liberal Guardian after we printed one too many stories about Homo-Workers. Since the Corps were going to kill us anyway, I did the only sane thing, run through the Corporate merc hordes. Who were firing guns. Some people got hurt. Badly.
3) The survivors gave up to the police, was charged with loitiering, and was found not guilty. My leader however was charged with a long rap sheet of crimes and had 5 people testifying against me. However, my lawyer was very juiced up after beating all those loitering charges. So, I got off.
4) I decided that since society was becoming liberal already, there is no need whatsoever about printing new "Special Editions", and risk upsetting the Corps any further. Instead, we just decided to go all legit, and just write for the Liberal Guardian.
5) Elections was held in 2012. The Elite Liberal President got in for another term (59%-41%, running against a moderate Retired General), the House became even more Elite Liberal, and the Senate FINALLY turned Liberal.

There was only one reason why I did not win this game, I was too lazy to actually disband. Had I disbanded, it would be rather likely the sleepers would have carried me to victory.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:00:00 pm by Servant Corps »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]