Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: 3.17.0 Release - Minimap Expansion, Resisting Arrest, and Revised Char Creation  (Read 13010 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: 3.17.0 Release - Minimap Expansion, Resisting Arrest, and Revised Char Creat
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2008, 08:23:59 pm »

It should be autosaving daily. Is it not for you?  ???

Edit: Okay, yeah, saving isn't working properly for Mac, so it's probably busted for Linux too. How are you manually saving?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 08:26:23 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.17.0 Release - Minimap Expansion, Resisting Arrest, and Revised Char Creat
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »

I don't see any autosave file, and the save itself doesn't seem to update unless I manually save/quit.

Edit: Okay, yeah, saving isn't working properly for Mac, so it's probably busted for Linux too. How are you manually saving?

Woops.  Forgot to mention I implemented the lcsio.cpp, lcsio.h, and saveload.cpp changes in that patch I found.  Check the spoiler in one of my posts on the last page.  I had a few mysteriously broken saves (8 byte file = fail), but for the most part things are working great for me now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 08:29:04 pm by Earthquake Damage »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2008, 08:30:49 pm »

Saving and loading is really junked up when I'm testing on Mac -- I now have the game unable to start due to corrupted save file. I'll check out the saveload.cpp diffs you posted earlier and see how that goes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2008, 08:35:31 pm »

Saving and loading is really junked up when I'm testing on Mac -- I now have the game unable to start due to corrupted save file. I'll check out the saveload.cpp diffs you posted earlier and see how that goes.

Um, is that with the one just emailed to you from fugitiveblue?  Because that's me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2008, 08:39:27 pm »

That would make sense, but no, that's with a save created five seconds earlier on the same computer by exiting the game, which is a really bad thing, because it means the game can't load its own save. :(

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:57 pm »

Well, I can't get it to reproduce because I can't rig the game to kill my founder and keep playing another liberal like what made the crash.  You can probably do that with a debugger, I just can't make the RNG set up the scenario again.

Good news: Fixed the crash
Bad news: Now that it's fixed, you game over due to founder death instead :'(

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2008, 09:07:38 pm »

FYI:  You left #define AUTOENLIGHTEN active when you submitted revision 240.  :P

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2008, 09:14:55 pm »

Thanks, totally forgot I had that on. ;)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2008, 09:33:47 pm »

Good news: Fixed the crash
Bad news: Now that it's fixed, you game over due to founder death instead :'(

That's not a fix. That's a prevention.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2008, 12:26:32 am »

I'm running into juice weirdisms.  My founder seems to drop to 50 juice whenever he hacks, no matter how high he was before hacking.  I see no relevant errors in the activity code (activities.cpp) or the addjuice function (commonactions.cpp) that would cause this.

Scratch that.  On closer inspection, this is broken if cr.juice already exceeds the cap:
Code: [Select]
   if(cr.juice+juice>cap)juice=cap-cr.juice;
This ought to fix it:
Code: [Select]
if (juice<0 || cap<cr.juice) // to avoid erroneous and excessive juice drops
cap=cr.juice; //
cr.juice=MIN(cap,cr.juice+juice);
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:39:37 am by Earthquake Damage »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2008, 12:48:25 am »

Good catch. The line should actually just be removed -- it is an attempt at enforcing a hard cap, which is deprecated behavior in favor of the soft cap you see a couple lines above (if you're at or above the cap, divide juice gain by ten).

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2008, 01:18:48 am »

Does that mean that hackers will be able to exceed 50 juice just by hacking?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There seems to a bug with the new hostage setup. When you get the line about the convert being so convincing they fool the police, it doesn't give the option of using them as sleepers.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2008, 01:23:35 am »

That was always intended, but it was a borderline case. Now that sleepers are much easier to get in general, it should be probably be permitted.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2008, 02:37:00 am »

When you musically convert Club Security at the club (I haven't met an off-duty one anywhere else, so I assume they're only found there), they instantly become Conservative and continue fighting.  This is quite irritating.

Also, similarly converted police (possibly all types, but certainly Police Officers) seem to continue attacking the LCS.  You can't fight back because they're Liberal.  This is also irritating.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]