Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: 3.17.0 Release - Minimap Expansion, Resisting Arrest, and Revised Char Creation  (Read 13009 times)

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L+ police could resort to special verbal attacks that have a chance of causing the target to stop resisting arrest/shooting/whatever.

For extra silliness, police and SWAT members who are recruited during L or L+ police law could have more charisma and possibly a few persuasion points, from all the sensitivity training and lessons in how to talk down a perp.  :P

The Moonlit Knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L+ police could resort to special verbal attacks that have a chance of causing the target to stop resisting arrest/shooting/whatever.

For extra silliness, police and SWAT members who are recruited during L or L+ police law could have more charisma and possibly a few persuasion points, from all the sensitivity training and lessons in how to talk down a perp.  :P
I like this idea.

Honestly, a lot of the L+ ideals are almost more anarchist than liberal; the little + sign there seems to denote a transition from American moderate liberalism to radical leftism. So I think it would make sense for police in an L+ society to really just be more like trained mediators.
A man once said to me, "If you want superpowers, all you have to do is take acid and you'll have any superpower you want." He then asked if I had just, at that moment, shaved half my face; I revealed that as being my superpower. Being suddenly and inexplicably half-shaven.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always thought that the little + sign next to liberal or conservative meant it went past realms of normalcy. For example the animal rights issue, Liberal+ would be animals would be equal in status to humans completely while Conservative+ would require everyone to kick 10 dogs a day and only endangered species would be served as food.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Also, you don't get newspaper articles about kidnappings anymore.

Edit: In fact, you don't get newspapers at all.
Edit2: Except on violent things.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:47:23 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Law skill is now capped by the Wisdom stat.  Kinda bad for creating Hippie Lawyers.

John Hopoate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do the black GNG spraypaint tags on the walls mean?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gang.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Law skill is now capped by the Wisdom stat.  Kinda bad for creating Hippie Lawyers.

Law isn't capped by Wisdom. At the end of my last game, my founder had her Law skill at 4 or 5, while her Wisdom was still at 1.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:04:30 am by E. Albright »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

You're right, I started playing the save file again, and the Law skill turned from +0.99 to 1.00, so it was just a minor glitch, nothing to worry about.  Sorry.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guessing Law is capped by int?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

John Hopoate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the option of making "bunker gear" clothing, it's expensive ($500) and difficult to make, what exactly is it?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Firefighter gear.

EDIT: Also, sleepers can become leaders.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:50:30 am by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/

EDIT: Also, sleepers can become leaders.

Does this cause any problems in the game? I might leave it in as an unintended feature.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/

Also, you don't get newspaper articles about kidnappings anymore.

Edit: In fact, you don't get newspapers at all.
Edit2: Except on violent things.

Except stories involving murders, to be precise. An unfortunate side effect of me trying to be clever but forgetting that news story types are not stored as a bit field. Thanks for pointing this out.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

This would go nicely with replacing prisons with rehabilitation centers which would rehabilitate your liberals into peaceful members of society.  While an L+ society is less dangerous for your life, it's actually more dangerous for the cause since it's more effective at eliminating LCS members.  These cops should be liberal btw, so that attacking them would alienate everyone ("You shot him!  You fucking shot him!  He was offering you a hug and a teddy bear and you shot him right in the fucking leg!"  And now I have an image of a burly southern cop offering a perp a teddy bear...)  A juice loss would also make sense for shooting liberal cops.

Speaking of making the end game harder.  If gun laws are L+, then gun related violence should make people more conservative on guns rather then liberal, since they realized all of a sudden that only the criminals have guns.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10