Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community World Building  (Read 3089 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Community World Building
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:59:45 pm »

I will start with a paragraph, and each person to post can add a paragraph to further define the world. After 5 paragraphs, someone will post a paragraph to begin building a new world. Simple as that!

in the year 206X, a gigantic meteor hit the earth. Horrible plauges decended upon mankind. They were changed, for better or for worse. After 500 years, society had built itself back to "normal". It has been determined that the meteor that hit the earth containes a mutagen- one necessary for restoring humanity to genetic purity. Some see this as a way to ascend over one of the greatest obstacles humanity has ever encountered. Others see this as something that must be destroyed- so that they may keep their gifts.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community World Building
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:26:05 am »

In the West, a democratic empire, Progress arises. Fielding massive armies of tanks, they seek to end regimes they see as evil. Exactly what their interest in the metor remenents is unknown.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:29:56 am »

About the point the meteor impacted is only know it was somewhere in the pacific, so the fight for it is mainly fought whit submarines, and everyone knows that even if it wasn't for the competition it may take hundreds of years to locate it whit current technology, and doing anything to it at those depths will be a massive project.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 01:00:25 am »

Thus a group of the heavily-mutated takes up arms to destroy not only the meteor, but also those seeking to restore humanity. They are part of a now world-wide religion where pure humans are considered the pinnacle of evil.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 01:21:37 am »

In the heat of conflict, a mysterious pathogen is released from a new meteor. It causes mutated humans to pass on their desirable mutations in their flesh. A wave of cannibalism erupts as people try to collect as many advantageous mutations as possible. The unmutated are no longer seen as monsters, and the master race is saved. Cannibalism to acquire characteristics becomes an established and accepted part of life.

Gotta Catch 'Em Allllll
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 01:23:56 am by inaluct »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:11:52 am »

The mutants have evolved far beyond what the democratic empire of Progress has anticapted.

It soon began to dawn on them that building an entire army solely composed of tanks wasn't a good idea.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 05:11:25 pm »

As hordes of new mutants, flyers, amphibians, even those that could burn through the living rock, all made homes across the world. As they evolved and expanded in new and unexpected ways, it became more common for pure humans to sleep with revolvers on hand...
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 03:11:23 am »

Being driven back, Progress prepares their final offensive. The mutants are strong, but even they don't do to good when full of (perferably) big holes.
Meanwhile, in the previously tolerant heartland of Progress, tensions mount between loyal mutants and pure humans . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 04:30:45 am »

At somepoint a weapon of mass porportions goes off in the Capital city, set off between the rivaling factions ariseing around Progress. With open blood shed between the Mutants and Pure Human citizens, only a crumbleing government protects the nation from falling to pieces...

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 04:39:12 am »

Thus the Remakers are created to keep the peace between factions. They are trained in combat, and will abduct the violent to conscript into the army. They are considered by the citizens to be both helpful and impeding. They help in ways others cannot possibly predict...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 06:07:01 pm »

such as using a metric ton of dynamite to crash the facking Ifle Tower onto a single mutant, claiming he was "totally freakin worth it dude".
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.