Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your dwarf has gone into a berserk rage!  (Read 2133 times)

Letalus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Your dwarf has gone into a berserk rage!
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:41:15 pm »

I was running a fortress in which I had a difficult time finding rough gems. I was importing plenty of cut gems, but any time I had a mood that needed rough gems, they obviously failed.

Unfortunately for me, there were about 4 or 5 failed moods... so much lost wealth.

Anyway, I build all my workshops with doors and walls so that I  can lock in a dwarf who failed his/her mood. In one particular instance, I had a woman working in a craftdwarf's workshop who failed her mood and went into a berserk rage.

Thanks to locking her in her workshop, she was completely harmless. At least... I thought so at the beginning. It turns out, while in her berserk rage, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl - still locked in her workshop.

She immediately strangled the baby to death.

Man that was awkward.

-Letalus

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your dwarf has gone into a berserk rage!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:17:33 pm »

i am laughing and crying at the same time.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:02:11 pm »

I think my worst beserk dawrf was the one that was imprissioned and was coviniently located right beside the door just within attacking range of whoever gets in. He also had an ax.

I was too busy laughing as dwarves walked in to feed the other prisoners to do something about it.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:16:42 pm »

man thats almost as funny as a dwarf mother carrying a baby into battle,then going berserk when that baby dies,though your dwarf was already insane so i guess she has a reason to kill the baby.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:22:23 pm by Flyingdwarf »
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 02:27:33 pm »

That is amazing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:33:08 pm »

She did it for the safety of the child.  ;)

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 03:13:45 pm »

My favorite is when the baby throws a tantrum and kills the mother. That was a surprising moment!
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:38:25 pm »

My favorite is when the baby throws a tantrum and kills the mother. That was a surprising moment!
That ought to be a dwarven rite of passage.

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 06:08:39 pm »

Man that was awkward.
Possibly even more awkward is laughing loudly and then having to explain to someone who hasn't played DF how the murder of a baby can be hilarious. :D

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 12:24:04 am »

You should see some peoples' expressions when I'm at school, talking to someone about DF, and random people who have never heard of the game walk past and hear

"So then she gave birth to this kid, ON THE SPOT, and the pain was SO intense, she forgot she was wearing bad shoes for one whole second." (talking of course about the bat fitch Countess herself)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 06:54:44 pm »

I wonder if anyone's ever had a tantruming mother throw her baby at someone and kill both of them.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:19:25 pm »

I don't think I will ever hear a berserk dwarf story better than the one on the third turn of the Mean Little Men succession game.  This one is cool, but that is offset by the whole baby-mother thing.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember