Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf lung man  (Read 6492 times)

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf lung man
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 03:36:32 am »

So is it implied that materials can be derived from other materials? For instance, the "Dwarf Lung" material would be made out of Muscle material? If this were the case, you would be able to tweak the raws a little to make creatures with ORGANS OF STEEL.

Extrapolating this, would creatures be of their own material? Like, a Monkey material or a Cheeta material (which would be made up of organ materials and what not)

If this were the case, why, you would be able to make a creature with body parts made of other creatures!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 03:52:33 am »

Somebody get rid of all these dwarf beard men.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 07:58:43 am »

Order of the Stick was pretty funny, but then I read part of his blog where he said he didn't think of it as a gaming parody comic anymore, but as a story, and he was more worried about developing his characters and plot than D&D-related humor, and I immediately lost all interest in it.

Just read it. Just dumped it.

Hey, the story is pretty interesting... or it was, until the strip hit Dialog Hell and every page was so bogged down in text it was painful to read.  That's where I stopped and haven't regained the initiative to plow through it again. 

Anyway, topic relevant, there's only so many ways you can picture a monster made from odd/mundane objects until it starts losing its inherent humor.  But Dwarf Lung Men are going in my game, and they are going to have very borgly borgles.

Inherent humor, maybe. Inherent awesomeness, never! My dwarves are going to have beards made out of fire and the borgliest borgles you've ever seen.

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 08:02:58 am »

Part of the problem with OOTS IMO is that most of the humor revolves around Belkar, whose sociopathic tendencies resonate with us all. He had the curse on him for too long and the romance triangle with Elan and Half-Orc Ninja lasted too long for its own good. Now that Belkar is no longer cursed though, he seems to be back to his normal self, which is for the better.  ;D

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 06:29:44 pm »

If this were the case, why, you would be able to make a creature with body parts made of other creatures!

We could have real chimeras!

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:17 pm »

My dwarves will have steel bones.
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

Teeto_K

• Bay Watcher
  • Deforesting Woodland Biomes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 12:03:02 am »

A -Dragon Head dragon head- on your *Lion Torso Lion Torso*?
Refar Wrote:
They have not mastered the art of safe fishing, safe drinking of booze, safe [you name it]... Why would someone think they mastered safe sex?

How I dorf:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3901-thecitadelofartifice

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 12:59:32 am »

so you could get goblins out of blood and so they would be hemogoblins?
(ugh.)

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 03:44:10 am »

Uh, no.

See, while having real chimeras is great (the severed heads would not say "chimera head/chimera head/chimera head", but "goat head/lion head/dragon head"), I was more reffering to thus;

The fabled MEGADWARF, whose body part materials would be made of the Dwarf material!

Dwarf skin (not skin of dwarfs, but skin made OF dwarfs), Dwarf muscle, and Dwarf bone.

I was hoping to have entire body parts that ARE dwarfs (as opposed to body parts that are comprised of various layers of dwarf), but the way the system works as I understand it, you can't specify a material for "arm", but rather, "arm skin", "arm muscle", and "arm bone".

This is all assuming that creatures and body parts created or shipped in the Raws retroactively have a material designated after them, which I severely hope is the case.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:47:03 am by Patarak »

Mikko

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 03:57:28 am »

(ugh.)

This made my day.

Mine will have adamantine. I will give them ability to push three adamantine claws out. SNIKT!

Mikko

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 04:07:55 am »

(ugh.)

This made my day.

Mine will have adamantine. I will give them ability to push three adamantine claws out. Each arm. SNIKT!

Edit: Some mistakes on quoting... I did not quote myself, I just messed stuff up!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 04:37:28 am by Mikko »

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 04:33:33 am »

Why did you quote yourself.
also adamantine is a bit far, I just wanted to make it so their bones didnt break like they were glass
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 05:10:48 am »

Why did you quote yourself.
also adamantine is a bit far, I just wanted to make it so their bones didnt break like they were glass

I wouldn't say that they were breaking like glass given how they're constantly being hit by mauls and whatnot.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 07:28:59 am »

Lungs of steel, an iron stomach and a heart of gold.

Replace the nerves with copper, and voila, you have a dwarf.

Also, to make lawyers, just give them a heart of ice.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 09:23:45 am »

Uh, no.

See, while having real chimeras is great (the severed heads would not say "chimera head/chimera head/chimera head", but "goat head/lion head/dragon head"), I was more reffering to thus;

The fabled MEGADWARF, whose body part materials would be made of the Dwarf material!

Dwarf skin (not skin of dwarfs, but skin made OF dwarfs), Dwarf muscle, and Dwarf bone.

I was hoping to have entire body parts that ARE dwarfs (as opposed to body parts that are comprised of various layers of dwarf), but the way the system works as I understand it, you can't specify a material for "arm", but rather, "arm skin", "arm muscle", and "arm bone".

This is all assuming that creatures and body parts created or shipped in the Raws retroactively have a material designated after them, which I severely hope is the case.
So if I understand you correctly, you want a hundred dwarves to form together into a giant dwarf of awesome destruction?

Awesome.

My dwarves will have bones of iron, blood of mercurey.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5