Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ah old website! That's spamming my freakin e-mail acount! help.  (Read 4348 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Ah old website! That's spamming my freakin e-mail acount! help.
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:36:17 pm »

Grr, O.K. this is a weird thing to say. I use to go on this site when I was new to the interwebz. Long story short I got banned...

Well now a few years latter I get a wonderful surprise! :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's annoying, btw the forum is a forum of a site,(grammar atheletics!) which is for roms, you know the stuff for commercial games, and such; they have a very good library of said roms I must add!

Anyway, would anyone mind going on to there, and telling them I don't want spam in my e-mail acount? Please, I've already marked their messages as spam, and the site still keeps sending them in! Btw I  should mention I've tried telling them myself, they must have my ip blocked... I've already tried signing up a new account with a differnt e-mail, and that old one "Gone today back tommarow or when I want" (Oh look, grammar error!) well trying to log on the website with that one is a waste of time!

I wonder is this kind of stuff is illegal? Not that I would do anything that bad, I just want an explaination, and the problem solved.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ah old website! That's spamming my freakin e-mail acount! help.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:49:36 pm »

That's...

Delicious Signature material.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:51:26 pm »

That's...

Signature material.

That took me a while to realize what you were talking about. Not that I even know what a milo is.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 09:55:51 pm »

Neither do I. What I do know, however, is that CAPTAIN CACTUS appreciates them.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »

It's sort of like getting.

"The hedgehog has died of old age" In the middle of a battle.

Although that dosn't help stop the spam I keep getting. :(

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 10:07:53 pm »

I think Milo might be a guy who posts a lot.

ROMs are in fact illegal, because you are not paying for the games that you are downloading. It is rather unlikely that you'd be prosecuted though, but doing illegal stuff is bad.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:08:51 pm »

spam spam spam sausage and spam.
spam bacon sausage and spam.
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam.
egg bacon sausage and spam
spam eggs spam sausage and spam.
spam egg bacon and spam.
spam spam spam spam spam spam, spam baked beans spam and spam.
spam spam spam spam spam spaaaaaaaaaaaam wonderful spaaaaaaaam.
yeah sorry, i dont know what you should do.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 10:09:38 pm »

cool story bro

Anyway, maybe you could get in touch with another member and ask them to tell the site administrators about this.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 10:09:44 pm »

ROMs are in fact illegal, because you are not paying for the games that you are downloading. It is rather unlikely that you'd be prosecuted though, but doing illegal stuff is bad.

Do what you want, 'cause a pirate is free.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 10:24:52 pm »

cool story bro

Anyway, maybe you could get in touch with another member and ask them to tell the site administrators about this.

I've tried. Note I was banned atleast three years ago.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 10:27:16 pm »

WIND!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 10:42:19 pm »

WIND!

EARTH!
FIRE!
WATER!
HEART!

Honestly though... could someone help? I seem to recall not being able to get rid of this, it's been going on for a few months now, at first it was just two messages, but nooo than it turned into 200+!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 10:43:31 pm »

DAMMIT

You took all four of them.

AVARICE

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 10:46:03 pm »

Bloody yanks not knowing what Milo is. Drink of the gods, it is. Damn right you should show your appreciation.

To fix your problem, just add that email address to your Spam email folder. I mean, you said it yourself, you were banned from there years ago, and you aren't likely to start getting any constructive or worthwhile messages any time soon. That way you can at least ignore the messages, even if they keep on coming (and if you've got an email account that tells you that Spam counts as 'New Messages' then just change email addresses to a system that does and simply re-direct the emails to your new account)
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 10:48:32 pm »

AVARICE

I have no idea what that one is. Wait... wiking oh I see now, but wait! Goggling... O.K., but wwaaiit! Dictionary.com... ah I see now.

Bloody yanks not knowing what Milo is. Drink of the gods, it is. Damn right you should show your appreciation.

To fix your problem, just add that email address to your Spam email folder. I mean, you said it yourself, you were banned from there years ago, and you aren't likely to start getting any constructive or worthwhile messages any time soon. That way you can at least ignore the messages, even if they keep on coming (and if you've got an email account that tells you that Spam counts as 'New Messages' then just change email addresses to a system that does and simply re-direct the emails to your new account)

You wrote allot of words. Of which 80% I got, I'm pretty sure that the last is more important. I'm not even at dabbling in computers.
Pages: [1] 2