Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: RTD - Into the Depths!  (Read 34690 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Into the Depths!
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 08:02:23 pm »

Enough talking about making ice houses! Lets start the game already!

The players are thus: Kashyyk, Webadict, Banzayatc, Akroma and Nirur Torir! Another spot will be opening soon but remember; First in, first served so read often!

As a extra benefit, all players will be getting a physical bonus of your choosing from a list that I will provide in the first post of the thread as well as a revision of hte rules to make it seem clearer to those who don't know what I'm on about.

--------------------------------

Turn 0

You wake up in what appears to be an underground cell, walls made of stone bricks of an unidentifiable type, a straw bed which your currently on, some water dripping from the roof of your cell and a thick, barred wooden and iron door on the other side of the cell. As soon as you get to your feet, you sway from the effects of a headache, probably from that bump on the back of your head. Luckly, its only superficial and the pain and headache leaves quickly, but you don't remember anything except for your name and that you are human.

Suddenly, a rattling comes from the door and it opens to reveal a purple robe wearing man who is losing grey coloured hair. He waves for you to walk out and you do so and hear the clang he shuts the door behind you. You look around and find that your in a dank and dark stone corridor lit only by a few torches attached to the wall. There is also 4 others here with you, all with a bump on the head and looking confused as you. The robed man gets the attention of all of you and starts to speak:

"Listen up you scum, I will not repeat myself. You have all been charged for treason against the king and he has sentanced you all to rot down here for the rest of your lives, but since he is kind and a good king, he has decided to give you one chance to prove that you are actually worth releasing. You are currently in the castle dungeons, built by a mad sorcerer a hundred years ago and it is inhabited by god knows what. In the depths of this crud hole, legend says that the sorcerer decided to leave three objects of power incase he should require them later on in life. He then dissapeared from the land and noone knows where he has gone. The king has ordered you all to retrieve these objects of power and bring them to the surface so he can use them with his army."

The robed man then motions behind him to a stone staircase and continues:

"At the top of that staircase, is a magically barred door that will only let authorised people pass, myself one of them. It is the only way out of this cess pit, and let me assure you, it is impossible to break down, no matter how hard you try. It will only let you pass when whoever is alive in your group is standing in front of it with the three objects of power. These objects are somewhere in the lowest part of the dungeon and you will have to find them as noone has dared to pass beyond that door."

He promptly points to a thick secured door in the wall to your left.

"The king has also ordered that his advisor, me, give you a helping hand to get you on your way and to provide some pieces of advice. So listen carefully if you value your lives."

He gives you each a leather pack and two hard canteens. You all wear the pack on your back with its provided straps.

"Those packs contain some food for each of you. Feel free to share it, as you will most likely be here for quite awhile. The canteens hold water for you to drink. I advise that you take care of your supplies and that you keep finding more or make more as you go deeper into the dungeon. Finally, the advice that I am made to give you. First, work together as you will all stand a much better chance of survival if you use teamwork. Secondly, there are rumors of other people in the dungeon that may or may not help you on your quest, so it may be wise to find the ones that could give you a hand. Thirdly, you must not try to evoke the power of the three items of power when you find them as noone knows what it could do, so be warned. This goes for strange objects as well, there is most likely some magic down there, both harmful and benificial. Lastly, I advise that you find better equipment as soon as you can as I will NOT be giving you weapons for armor to slime like you."

He waves to two armed and armored guards and they point their spears at you and force you to the door at spearpoint. The advisor opens the door for you and you are all shoved in through it. It slams shut after you and you hear the advisor yelling behind it to you:

"May god help you on your journey! You'll need it!"

Silence then follows and you look at each other, finding that you all wear a short sleeved cloth tunic, cloth full length leggings and cloth lace up shoes, all without pockets. You look around and find that you are in a stone corridor much like the one you were already in, but with four wooden doors, one straight ahead of you, one on the right and two on the left.

You have begun your decent.

----------------------------

On your first turn, say what benifit you have and what your action is. Same thing for anyone that joins later on. You start with 20 turns of food and 10 turns of water overall.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:32:04 pm by Zako »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 08:19:07 pm »

Er, Zako?

I will drop out then, unless Zako agrees to have six
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 08:24:33 pm »

Anyway, using the slot Kashyyk generously donated (Thanks, Kashyyk! ;))...

Benefit: Luck
Action: Dance through the center door.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 08:27:10 pm »

On your first turn, say what benifit you have and what your action is.

What benefits are there to choose from?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 08:29:05 pm »

Don't worry, kashyyk will have his place back when you go through one of the left doors. Err I mean... (shutup Zak, shutup!)

Benefits are on the first page, first post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 09:02:56 pm »

Benefit: Agility

Action: Iwalk carefully through the left most door.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 09:27:26 pm »

I'm waiting to see whether or not I'm going to wait in line to join this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 10:14:16 pm »

Benefit: Agility.

I carefully open the door on the right and look in the room from the doorway.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 03:00:37 am »

Luck

Pushing Nirur Torir aside, I go into the right door.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 03:55:23 am »

Just Akroma and then we can truely get underway!

And it probably is a good idea to check the side doors before going straight ahead. And no more new player hints from now on!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 08:11:39 am »

tough

my first action is that I try to get a torch
I will not eat this turn, I need to be careful.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:03 am »

Whoops, my bad! Rolls!

Turn 1:

Webadict: l You proceed to the farthest door and open it. The room appears to be a torture chamber and has a fat torturer inside with a person on a set of racks!

Nurir Torir/Banzayatc: l You both reach the door and Ban opens it. Its a old storeroom with boxes and 6 cabnets.

Pandarsenic: l You trip and land near Webadict. l No harm done.

Akroma: l You manage to pry a torch off the wall. You are hungry.

l The torturer doesnt notice the door. He grabs a whip.

Background: l Nothing interesting happens.

Akroma:
Tough
Items: Has a burning torch in hand, Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wounds: Unharmed

Nirur Torir:
Agile
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens

Webadict:
Agile

Banzayatc:
Lucky

Pandarsenic:
Lucky
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:25:18 pm by Zako »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 09:05:46 am »

Stats later, feel free to post next action.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 09:12:38 am »

if we do not directly state that we eat, I guess it is automaticaly assumed we do ?

anyway, after eating a bit, I ask the torturer if he ever gets haunted by the poor souls of the guys he tortured. The guilt of many years of torturing should turn him into a crying puddle of misery.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 09:21:27 am »

Just like treasure hunters, you automatically eat and drink unless otherwise stated. But remember, not eating or drinking has serious repercusions. Even if you only skip a meal every second turn, you will still get penalties over time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23