Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mac FPS request  (Read 1533 times)

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mac FPS request
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:15:05 pm »

Can we please get the fps fixed on the Mac? I can't tell when I'm slowing down and when my dwarves are being lazy or geographically illogical.
Thank you.
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Mac FPS request
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 12:11:18 pm »

I should punch you for saying that.

The game is BLOODY ALPHA! He has more stuff to worry about than optimizing it from a system that's BARELY COMPATIBLE in the first place!

Edit: Sorry. Didn't mean to make it sound so offensive.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:28:22 pm »

All he's asking for is the FPS counter, I believe, which would be nice and hopefully a minor fix.

Also, have you tried partial print? It worked wonders for my Mac when I turned it on.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

Thank you, Warlord255. I'm not asking for optimization, just a reference point. Sometimes I can't tell if it's getting slower or if I'm sprawled out so much, or my dwarves are just morons.
Yanlin: I respect Toady for what's he's made and how he's doing it (and now that my bank issue is settled, I believe a donation is overdue). I respect people like Toady, Rich Burlew, JD Frasier, and the people of the FuMP for boldly making their living by giving their work away for free and support them gladly. Which reminds me, I keep forgetting to make my donation to preserve the coded toad. I'll take care of that tomorrow.
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
-Albert Schweitzer

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:47:06 pm »

I don't know anything about coding for the Mac, and I'm not sure how the timers work or however it was setup so I don't know how to fix it.  There are a few people working on ports/rewrites mainly for the OpenGL that might lead to something more platform independent, but I'm not sure if this will impact the FPS display.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:07:21 am »

Thank you for the consideration.
---------
-Albert Schweitzer

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:31:43 am »

Thank you, Warlord255. I'm not asking for optimization, just a reference point. Sometimes I can't tell if it's getting slower or if I'm sprawled out so much, or my dwarves are just morons.
Yanlin: I respect Toady for what's he's made and how he's doing it (and now that my bank issue is settled, I believe a donation is overdue). I respect people like Toady, Rich Burlew, JD Frasier, and the people of the FuMP for boldly making their living by giving their work away for free and support them gladly. Which reminds me, I keep forgetting to make my donation to preserve the coded toad. I'll take care of that tomorrow.

Again, sorry for making it sound so offensive.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 10:39:50 am »

Fuggedaboutit.
---------
-Albert Schweitzer