Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interrupted by groundhogs  (Read 1482 times)

Yuu_Inohara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interrupted by groundhogs
« on: November 25, 2008, 01:58:25 am »

yeah, this is getting rather annoying, my dwarves keep dropping what they're doing and running off giving the warning message 'Urist Mcscaredydwarf', (profession) cancels (job): Interrupted by groundhog.

Now, alright, atfirst I was a bit... Confused... But most of them were delivering things to a stockpile, so I figured it was just the dwarves I sent to pick metal stuff off the goblin ambush party that I had routed before. Alright, I went about my business, then I get a message that one of my farmers was interrupted... One of my underground farmers, so I went to check things out, looked around, no groundhog, so I moved the view up one Z-level, there it was, patroling my fortress like a little bastard... Now heres the issue, besides the fact my dwarves getting scared by a GROUNDHOG, but, theres no way my farmer should have been able to see it to be interrupted, since theres a ceiling of dirt in the way, so unless groundhogs now give off some malevolent aura rivaling that of the carp, something is wrong here...
Divide by zero and sacrifice some of the players to Armok probably. Though this would be somewhat cool to have around.
Oh, Toady already does such things on a regular basis. I think he calls it 'Tuesday'.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Interrupted by groundhogs
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:45:19 am »

Clearly the groundhog is disturbing the ground overhead, causing your dwarves to think there must be a maurading army just over their little dwarfy heads.

Or it's a bug.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:39:43 pm »

What, a bug? In the bug forum? Unthinkable!

Jwguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:53:53 am »

Similar incidents occur with me, frequently, with Raccoons.
I love the needlessly sarcastic, sardonic, and cynical masses. Mostly because 10% of them are simply like that, while the other 90% thinks it makes them look cool. Morons~

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:42:58 am »

Whenever i think of these animals in the game i usually think of the Mole Rats from Fallout 3....huge....like bigger than dogs.....or i think of brahmin.......

bramin: http://www.contrabando.cl/blog/wp-content/uploads/bng3.jpg

so its not hard to think that they would be afraid of them......if you have no idea what size i think they are then think shetland pony.......
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.