Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Mystery  (Read 2573 times)

Xofrevlis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
A Mystery
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:36:37 pm »

link
Did I anger some sort of mountain god or something? Stuff just seems to keep catching on fire in my fortress, but this is the first time I've had a river of blood and a booze-splosion to go with it... Anyone think they can recreate this?

Mikko

Re: A Mystery
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:39:45 pm »

link
Did I anger some sort of mountain god or something? Stuff just seems to keep catching on fire in my fortress, but this is the first time I've had a river of blood and a booze-splosion to go with it... Anyone think they can recreate this?

Not without a savegame. It's propably just a kitten who caught fire, got to it's mother, who ignited too, and dediced to go "chill" around the meeting hall, while your Dwarves pet it and ignite, then go pet some camels (with axes) who flee, then igniting the world. Or that's how it usualy goes.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 03:46:29 pm »

is this a custom created world ?

maybe you set the tempetarute for some biomes just a tiny bit to high

also, why would you want to fix that, you have a fucking river of blood
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:48:57 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Xofrevlis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 03:51:35 pm »

Unfortunately, I didn't save until afterwards. Also, the mayhem appears to be isolated to the trade depot and that one hallway. It's like the traders just exploded.  As for the biome's temperature, I don't think I messed with that in this world, and even if I did it's a cold biome, entire map stays frozen until mid-spring.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:48 pm »

That is a lot of blood, those traders must've been vaporised.
Shoes...

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 04:39:14 pm »

"Good Armok what happened here Mr. Dwarf?"
"I haven't a clue.........haven't seen anything this bad since the boys thought it would be a good idea to trap us some skelks and well....sooo much blood.........."

Xofrevlis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 10:34:12 pm »

Aha, I've figured it out. The wagons have been clipping into my lava moat.  ;D Well, I may not be getting any booze or food from them that I can use, but atleast I get a free show. *watches booze barrels explode*

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 10:45:54 pm »

Haha, holy crap, that's priceless.  I didn't realize wagons can catch fire. 

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 10:48:16 pm »

Boozeplosion. Every time.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 10:54:42 pm »

You must tell us how you got wagons to clip into a lava moat.  This could be the greatest discovery since the perpetual motion machine.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 11:09:30 pm »

Aha, I've figured it out. The wagons have been clipping into my lava moat.  ;D Well, I may not be getting any booze or food from them that I can use, but atleast I get a free show. *watches booze barrels explode*
perhaps that contributed to it but its not the whole story.
you see, your brokers beard finally generated enough static electricity to generate a small lightning bolt.  this lightning bolt unfortunately leaped into the mastercrafted booze. however dwarven alcohol is to strong to conduct electricity therefore the wood of the barrel conducted it instead and dissapeared because electricity hasnt been implemented yet. the following mollecular distortion around your broker, as it again hasnt been implemented,
allowed your broker to ascend to godhood for a split second before the fire around the wagon from the magma ignited the booze and exploded killing all in the surrounding area. thats why the americans won the revolution. thank you.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 11:11:18 pm »

I don't know about that theory Dragooble, since the dwarf is otherwise grounded what stopped the static from simply entering through to the ground?
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 11:15:47 pm »

You must tell us how you got wagons to clip into a lava moat.  This could be the greatest discovery since the perpetual motion machine.
Well from the vid it looks like he has a three tile wide road for his caravans with magma on each side a z-level below (I think).  I suppose the temperature is explodifying them.
ow did this get here

oddly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 12:09:15 am »

That's intense. Did you lose any dwarves because of this?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 12:39:03 am »

Yay...

New way to kill elves.
Pages: [1] 2