Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 54625 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!)
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2008, 09:56:20 pm »

338:No
339:Yes+Yes(1 bonus vote)
340:No
341:No
342:Yes
343:No
344:Yes
345:Yes
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:00:09 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2008, 12:26:25 am »

338: No
339: No
340: No
341: No
342: Yes
343: No
344: Yes
345: No

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2008, 12:35:35 am »

I vote No to all.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2008, 03:42:35 am »

Can somebody propose a law so that I can rejoin when someone wins? I don't want to be out forever :(.

You aren't even out yet.  If you noticed, you left before the "327 Amendments" Rule was passed, and therefore you never technically "lost".

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2008, 03:44:55 am »

Oh good. Is anyone interested in a three-way Mentorship?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2008, 04:06:12 am »

Turn 6

Phase III - Execution

I am sorry that I was inactive today...  At least it wasn't as bad as the past 2 weekends, amirite?

Status

I have made a page to display the status.  This will be about 15 times easier for me to update.
If you miss having the status in each post, let me know, and I'll figure something out.
http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

webadict, -5, Failed Proposition(R204)
webadict, -5, Unanimous Fail(R311)
Frelock, +10, Passed Proposition(R203)
qwertyuiopas, -5, Failed Proposition(R204)
qwertyuiopas, -5, Unanimous Fail(R311)
Serg, -5, Failed Proposition(R204)
Serg, -5, Unanimous Fail(R311)
Fualkner, -5, Failed Proposition(R204)
Servant Corps, -5, Failed Proposition(R204)
Fenrir, +10, Passed Proposition(R203)
Tylui, +10, Passed Proposition(R203)
Boksi, ‼cats‼(R333)
Armok, ‼cats‼(R333)
sonerohi, ‼cats‼(R333)

--Vote Count--

338. 0 - 8 - Unanimous Fail!
339. 4(+1) - 4 - Pass.
340. 1 - 7 - Unanimous Fail!
341. 1 - 7 - Unanimous Fail!
342. 2 - 6 - Fail.
343. 2 - 6 - Fail.
344. 7 - 1 - Pass.
345. 6 - 2 - Pass.

--Ratified Propositions--

339. "Activation"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

344. "Elimination of Mutual Mentorship"

345. "Participation Definitions"

--Falied Propositions--

338. "Limitation of Ayes"

340. "More on cats"

341. "Inactive Intent"

342. "Donation Box"

343. "Agreement"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:39:11 pm by Tylui »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2008, 04:18:41 am »

Turn 7

OH SNAP!  I just realized that I forgot to give the 3 lowest players their points last Turn!  What should we dooo?  I think we should just forget about it.  It was an accident and hopefully it won't happen again.

Something I fear:  mistakes in the new status system.  I have a way of fixing that, but it's going to take some time to get the system in place that I'd like to... If you notice any mistakes anywhere, don't be afraid to alert me... That would be quite awesome of you.

Phase I - Proposition

Status

http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

ALL, +1 BV, Bonus Votes(R314)
Armok, +5, Fewest Points(R205)
Faulkner, +5, Fewest Points(R205)
Serg, +5, Fewest Points(R205)
webadict, Participation(R330)
Tylui, +2, webadict's Mentor(R336)
webadict, +5, First Participant(R202)
qwertyuiopas, Participation(R330)
Tylui, Participation(R330)
Pandarsenic, Participation(R330)
Serg, Participation(R330)
Frelock, Participation(R330)

--Propositions--

webadict
"EXP Share"
   A. If a Protege has less point than his or her Mentor, then one of the points the Mentor would normally receive is given to the Protege.
   B. If a Protege has an equal amount or more points than his or her Mentor, then the Protege gains an extra vote towards the Mentor's proposition.

qwertyuiopas
"removal of mentor loops" A mentor gains half points for mentoring someone if they themselves have a mentor.

Servant Corps Charity Points all points to qwertyuiopas

Tylui
"Win/Loss Conditions"
   A. Two new status objects with obvious names shall be added: Win Count and Loss Count.
   B. Wins
      I. Any Player with a Win Count greater than 0 shall receive the following benefits:
         a. They may make n time the number of Propositions during Phase I, where n = (Win Count).
         b. Their regular votes count n times, where n = (Win Count).
   C. Loss
      I. Any Player with a Loss Count greater than 0 shall receive the following malefits:
         a. When all marked status objects are reset according to Rule 328, the Player's Points will start at -(100*n), where n = (Loss Count)

Pandarsenic
"Just in Case" The players may, through a standard proposition, strip the judge and/or temporary judge of his or her title(s) and delegate a new judge if neither the judge nor a temporary judge has posted within the 48 hours prior to the proposition.
   A. This proposition is voted on during the stage in which it is proposed.

Serg
"Mining Operations"
   A. Every player gets allocated a 3x3 grid.
      I. This grid is allocated 'filled in' with black squares.
         a. Black squares are resources hidden.
      II. It is unable to determine the contents of a black square by looking at them.
   B. Every 'yes' vote a player casts, open a random square.
      I. As soon as a square opens up, the contents are emptied into the vault of the player.
      II. The previously black square becomes a period for compelete graphical purposes.
         a. Periods in squares have no uses, other then displaying that square has been opened up.
      III. The square is decided through a random d9 roll, with the top row being ordered from left to right, 1 to 3. The second row is ordered left to right , 4 to 6. The third row is ordred left to right, 7 to 9.
      IV. If the rolled number matches an already opened square, nothing happens.
   C. The resource that is added to the player's vault is determined by a d3 roll.
      I. A 1 or 2 is stone.
       II. If a 3 is rolled, roll an additional d3.
          a. A 1 or 2 is stone.
         b. If an additional 3 is rolled, roll an final d3.
            1. A 1 or 2 is ore, while a 3 is a gem.
      III. If the resource is stone, roll a d4.
         a. If the roll is a 1 or 2, the stone is non-economic, and has a resource value of 1.
         b. If the roll is a 3, the stone is economic, and has a resource value of 2.
         c. If the roll is a 4, the stone is unrefined coal, and has a resource value of 3.
       IV. If the resource is ore, roll a d4.
         a. If the roll is 1 or 2, the ore is copper, with a resource value of 5.
         b. If the roll is 3, the ore is tin, with a resource value of 7.5.
         c. If the roll is 4, the ore is iron, with a resource value of 10.
      V. If the resource is a gem, roll a d5.
         a. If the roll is a 1 through 4, the gem is sapphire, with a resource value of 10.
         b. If the roll is a 5, the gem is ruby, with a resource value of 15.
   D. Every 'no' vote a player casts, destroys a random square, replacing it with a black square.
      I. If the rolled number matches an already blackened square, nothing happens.

Frelock
"Contracts" A contract is a binding agreement between two or more players.
   A. All players affected directly by the contract must agree to it.
      I. A player agrees to a contract by posting the exact wording of the contract with their name following.
      II. The text of the contract must be in a different form than the rest of the post (ie italics, bold, or in a quote tag), so that it is clear what is and what is not part of the contract.
   B. A contract must be exceedingly clear as to its purpose and execution, else the contract is null and void.
   C. Whatever terms are set down by the contract must be followed by all players involved in the contract.
   D. A contract may be voided if all parties who signed it agree that the contract is null and void.
   E. A player who is unable to follow the terms of the contract cannot participate until such time as when the contract is fulfilled or voided.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:36:06 am by Tylui »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2008, 04:21:23 am »

So, uh, I'm still able to participate/win at this, right?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2008, 09:13:52 am »

I, webadict, hereby submit the following proposition dubbed "EXP Share", for the court to judge:

I. If a Protege has less point than his or her Mentor, then one of the points the Mentor would normally receive is given to the Protege.
II. If a Protege has an equal amount or more points than his or her Mentor, then the Protege gains an extra vote towards the Mentor's proposition.

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.

Hey, why wouldn't the Mentor help out his Protege? Or vice versa?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2008, 09:31:01 am »

I thought I have ~55 points. Why is that there is only 5 points on my schedule?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2008, 10:50:14 am »

I, Qwertyuiopas, hereby submit the following proposition dubbed removal of mentor loops, for the court to judge:

A mentor gains half points for mentoring someone if they themselves have a mentor.

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.

I would also like to start a sub game of Whatever-that-game-was-called-with-the-Xs-and-the-Os-in-the-3x3-grid with the following rules:

1: Anyone can join or leave at any time.
2: Bets can be made by donating to the "pot" any resource allowed by the rules of other sub-games or the main game.
3: Leaving during a game counts as losing, and all bet results are carried out before the leaving player leaves.
4: Anyone in the sub-game may challenge anyone in the sub-game.
5: Being in the sub-game does not imply being in the main game(of Meta-Slature), although it would allow more options in terms of betting.
6: Bets may not be negative.
7: A player may not gain resources from the pot after a successful bet if they are not in a game that uses those resources and allows for them to be gained through external means.
8: Players may not bet on both players in a single round.
9: In the case of a draw, the pot is held either until one player wins, if they continue until one wins, or is distributed to all betters if the players decide not to play again, or more than two days have passed since the draw with no decision.
10: The location of these games may be either in this thread or the official thread for this game, and if so, there may only be one, and it will be the first created. The other alternative is an external site or page devoted to this, on the condition that it keeps track of all prior games for review with a period of at least two weeks.

Please remember to vote on the acceptance of this game(321 F. Creation of a sub-game requires a majority vote.)

Also note that all of the betting stuff does nothing until a game exists that allows it.
Eh?
Eh!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2008, 10:53:56 am »

Yeah, I'm going to need to drop out for now. I think I'm swamped, and I can't really think of good proposals. However, I am not going to go out and leave the game by using that rule that you can give free points to other people. Just in case I would want to play again in the future.

qwertyuiopas, I give you all of my points, regardless of my total.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2008, 11:21:29 am »

So, uh, I'm still able to participate/win at this, right?

Of course!  What would have changed? :P

EDIT:
My Proposition!

I, Tylui, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Win/Loss Conditions, for the court to judge:

A. Two new status objects with obvious names shall be added: Win Count and Loss Count.
   B. Wins
      I. Any Player with a Win Count greater than 0 shall receive the following benefits:
         a. They may make n time the number of Propositions during Phase I, where n = (Win Count).
         b. Their regular votes count n times, where n = (Win Count).
   C. Loss
      I. Any Player with a Loss Count greater than 0 shall receive the following malefits:
         a. When all marked status objects are reset according to Rule 328, the Player's Points will start at -(100*n), where n = (Loss Count)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:48:56 am by Tylui »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2008, 12:05:14 pm »

Fortunately, there is no way to lose yet.
Eh?
Eh!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2008, 12:08:19 pm »

Servant Corps, you were right, your point total was way off. :P
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25