Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: WWI MEDIC  (Read 19931 times)

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
Re: WWI MEDIC
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 04:38:00 am »

New version kicks ass!  How abuot adding an indicator for the overall tide of the battle?

6024 killed by biplane fire...

Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 01:19:00 pm »

24932!!  Mustard gas      :mad:

This game really needs a pause button, especially when you're playing it for 20 min straight and you can't so much as look away for 30 seconds...

When the charge reverses, the enemies should keep trying to mow down troops.  Maybe have them keep firing full speed until the chargers are most of the way back?

I noticed the allied medic respawns still.  His rescues count for the allies right?  So eventually, the allies will win virtually every battle?

[ February 29, 2004: Message edited by: Demon ]

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2004, 03:48:00 pm »

Sooooooooo fustrating....

This game seems to have it out for me...

Sooner or later, POW!, bomb or motar will get me.

But I've had so laughs too, I bandaged some germans and the allieds charge and grenade the wounded! Blowing themselves to pieces in the process. I never knew that the allies were recruiting polish troops.  :roll:

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 05:16:00 pm »

Doesn't the german medic also respawn?

I'll add a pause button when I next see the light of day...  area exams...

Yeah, the game can be frustrating.  Of course, the only way to "win" the game is by dying or being captured, so you're experiencing the game as it was intended :)

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2004, 05:35:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the German medic dosent respawn, but obviously the source could tell you better.  I try not to watch the screen further than about an inch away from where I am in an effort to see incoming death.

Would you please change it so that when you leave the trench you start crawling instead of walking?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 11:41:00 pm »

I just ran it for a while and observed respawns on both sides.  It does take a while.

I'll have something like leave-trench-crawling next time I do a version.

Incidentally, I put up a new Sub Game.

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2004, 01:07:00 am »

SUB GAME seriously, if you like WWI medic, you'll hate this game- as you hate life.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!

SkeleTony

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://http://home.earthlink.net/~skeptic69/index.html
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 12:26:00 pm »

My f*rst g*m* *f F*ck Y**! I sc*r*d 46,000 b*f*r* g*v*ng *p t* g* m*k* * s*ndw*ch!

* *m * c*ns*r w*th**t *q**l!!!

quot;I am in a very peculiar business...I travel all over the world telling people what they should already know"-James Randi

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »

D*d*, * th**ght y** s*ck*d *t *rc*d* g*m*s?

M*n, * d*n't kn*w wh*t t* d* *p th*r* *b**t th* "***** *nd s*m*t*m*s * r*l*"...  M*yb* j*st st*r *t **t s*m*t*m*s.

The game rocks though.  Best game ever.
I'm realizing that instead of a "flag ship" I probably should have called it a "flag censorship" though.

Thedead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2004, 04:30:00 pm »

Hey i think the game is great but i think you should have at least 3 guys because it is so hard.
and i think the medic should have a weapon like a combat knife that would be kool and get points for killing germans that are wounded. because they just respawn and most of the time you are the one that is not charging that sucks and they get all shot and shit i think that you should get a weapon so when they are down kill them
or at least be able to bring them back to your side and let them join your side
that would be great and when the game is over plz make it so that the game dose not go off make it so it comes to a main menu so that you do not got to keep opening it. thz alot. ps. the sub games are great too nice work.  :D       i love you  ;)  nah j/k but nice work on the games.
ooooooooooooooot   (i like to rape little renaxers)   RAWR!!!!!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2004, 02:45:00 am »

There's only one life, as I wrote above.  If you could kill germans, it would probably cost you points, since it would make their side reinforce faster.  If you bandage Germans, they won't respawn as fast.  So no violence for the medic.

I agree that the game probably shouldn't just toss you out when you die.  I'll make it go back to the title page, whenever I put another version out.

Egg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2004, 06:39:00 am »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2004, 02:15:00 pm »

Thanks, that was encouraging!  The only other outside banter about the games I've seen before was a usenet post trashing Armok as not being pretty enough.  You guys are right about the menu from the "futility of war" standpoint, but the goofy arcade PC speaker part already kinda kills that toss-you-out-mood at the end.  If I were being more serious about it, I'd just have the screen fade out red as it does now and there wouldn't even be a score.  If I did that, I think the game would lose something though (it certainly wouldn't be as addictive), and I didn't want to make the game too preachy.  I guess I have mixed feelings about the recurring menu screen the more I think about it:  one has to strike a balance between player abuse and player addiction.

Back to area exam study...  it's tomorrow!

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2004, 06:53:00 pm »

About the weapon suggestion..
I agree you shouldnt kill a wounded german in the middle of the battle field... but I just wanna know..

When you feel like pulling a "Rambo style thing" on the german trench "Medic Style"
Get the idea..?
Well.. does the medic even fight back.. or just lets them swarm him and get clubbed to death with the pointy guns..?

Never captured a trench yet... saw the allied forces capture one though right after I died... then it kinda ended there.. with the allied forces looking back at their old trench...   :(

Guess I have to be alive to see them keep fighting...

Thedead has been mostly talking to me about the game throwing him out...

Never bothered me though... I guess Im used to it cause of Star Zoo... curse you second planet!!!!

But anyway I this is a great game.. always fun to top the highscores   ;)

Only thing "I" dislike is..
How.. it seems that my so called "Friendly Units" seem to use me as target practice..
Sometimes it seems like their seriously aiming to kill me...
But eh.. Im sure it happens and there should be friendly fire... just not so friggin much! Hasnt discouraged me yet though   ;)

oof

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2004, 07:03:00 pm »

Got some time.. feel like trying to make a graphic thingy of what goes ons in the battlefield for me...    :cool:

Evil Germans: gggoggggggoggggggoggg
***************|************|          
***************|*****x
**********************m "Noooo!"
***********************\
************************\
*************************\
**************************\
Allied Force: aaaoaaaaaaoaaaaaaoaaa

"m" = Me/Medic
"x" = Wounded Guy -> Lets say Ally
"\" = Bullet coming from allies!
"|" = Bullet no where near me from German
"*" = My excuse to make the thing pretty?
******Okay random ground stuff... uh..
******Uh See? Eh... I dunno what to do!

Seeing how this is my first time trying one of these things it'll probably come out horrible looking... but eh.. I tried...
and I have a lot of free time right now...

Edit: Just remembered how this forum works!

[ March 17, 2004: Message edited by: Renaxer ]

oof
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17