Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse ALTERED!  (Read 14765 times)

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombie Apocalypse ALTERED!
« on: November 26, 2008, 06:44:15 am »

Having watched most of the more ambitious games, zombie apoc, and evo, and the like, all die off eventually. I sat in wait, watching and adapting a new version of Zombie Apocalypse, to counteract the effects that it tends to have on the GM. This is a test, nothing more, nothing less, but will persist if the effect is as it should be. Most of the changes are behind the scenes, and only affect how I do things, so much should not seem changed.

Spoiler: Things You Should Know (click to show/hide)

Character-Sheet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Profiles:

Skill List:

Current Sign-Ups, sorted chronologically:

Code: [Select]
Currently In:                Sign-Ups:
Boogerman                    Strife26 (Needs Revision)
Jay Kayell                   Little (Needs Revision)
Pandarsenic                  Dwarfaholic (Needs Revision)
Inaluct
Zako                                 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:53:49 am by Tuv »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse ALTERED!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:44:14 am »

*Claps Softly*

Name: Captain Strife, USA

Job: Soldier Tanker

Profile: Strife had lead a group into the city to quell the problems there, but he got seperated from his men. He seeks to regroup with the remaining forces, while searching for survivors, useful suplies, or a better weapon (hopefully, a M-14 or 16).

Also, don't you think that the character details are a little limited? For example, is it permisable for my character to have his combat knife as well? Couldn't there be some sort of secondary skill as well, for example vehicle operation, that anyone could take, not something major like weapon use though.

Oh yeah, YAY, ZA IS BACK!! Strange really, I get way to excited for these things . . .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:53:30 am by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:21:40 am »

Thats it, Im joining.

Name: Zak

Description: About 6 foot tall, dark brown hair, ocean green eyes, slightly pale.

Profile: He just wants to live through this and realises that being in a small group with under 10 people in it is his best chance for survival. Always looking for useful stuff, especially things like mechanic how-to books, stuff he can learn from.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:06:52 pm by Zako »

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:41:49 am »

Also, don't you think that the character details are a little limited? For example, is it permisable for my character to have his combat knife as well? Couldn't there be some sort of secondary skill as well, for example vehicle operation, that anyone could take, not something major like weapon use though.

1) They are limited for a reason
2) No it is not Permissable
3) This will get bigger as more time goes on, as will more spots for players open.
4) Like it says under "Skills" more will be added and taken away as time goes on.

You Both kinda screwed up with the Char sheets however, Zako has definately gotten a place in the "second choices after correct applications" Strife will need to be ruled on in due time, as you have created some strange character stat called "Job" put something after it I have never heard of "Tanker?" and then used the "Profile" as a place to put your background.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:13 am »

I cant read spoiler tags on my psp. I will adjust my profile tomorrow when I can use a pc.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:18 am »

Which does not change my ruling.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 03:05:57 pm »

Name: Nate

Profile: Civilian

Appearance: Just under 6 feet tall, light brown hair, blue eyes, ragged clothing, unkempt facial hair.

Background: Nate dropped out of school early. Due to the shortage of jobs for unskilled workers, he was forced to live on the street. He had to learn to scavenge to survive. (Skill: Scavenger)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 03:36:30 pm »

Name: Francis

Profile: Civilian; Skill: Weapon Training

Appearance: White. Short dark hair. Around 6,5 feet tall. Dressed in jeans, a white sleeveless shirt and a leather vest.

Background: Francis spent most of his time before the zombie apocalypse riding his motorcycle and getting drunk in bars. He saw the zombies as a chance to ventilate aggressions and just loves the splatter zombies make when shot with a shotgun.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 04:54:52 pm »

Last Spot Reservation

e:

Name: Carl Carlton

Profile: Civilian

Special Choices Related to Profile: Skill - Scavenger; Starting Spot: Residential

A Description of your character’s appearance: White. Brown hair. Green eyes. 5'8, 165 pounds. Moderate mix of muscle and fat. Dressed in a muscle shirt under a thin jacket with several pockets. Black cargo pants.

Background: On-and-off homeless man Carl Carlton resented his parents ever since he became old enough to realize how stupid his name was. He was an 18-year-old fast food employee, who Dumpster dove on the side since being kicked out of his house, before the outbreak.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:45:03 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 08:07:17 pm »

There, thats my chracter fixed up. Is it ok now?

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 08:08:09 pm »

Boogerman and Jay Kayell are on the "I read the rules list and are in now"
Strife, Zako, and Pandarsenic are in the "I didn't feel like reading the rules and so people who did get to go ahead of me."

That means there are still three spots for Correctly completed Sign-Ups to get in on the start of the game. I will give it another day or so, to see how many more people/good apps we get. There is still time to get in! Read the Char Sheet!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 08:15:56 pm »

I did read the rules! I just can't open spoiler tags on a psp and I forgot the skills after I was forced to get off my computer! ITS NOT MY FAULT!!  :'(

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 09:35:04 pm »

Hey, mine totally complies with the rules! I structured it exactly off of Jay Kayell's profile, but it seemed like Skill and Location should fall under Special Choices Related to Profile because that's precisely what they are.

e: If anyone else sees some sort of problem, by all means, show me, because my rejection does not make any sense.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:38:40 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 09:40:54 pm »

First off, Zako, If you had just waited until you had access to a computer, and done the sheet correctly, you would be in the top 5 for immediate and expedient joining.

Second, Zako, you may have done it right, but you did it right on an edit.

We still have three open spots for correct apps people! after that I start drawing from the pool of incorrect ones. Get in if you want in!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:01 pm »

But if I had waited, my spot would have gone! I hardly see how that is fair.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7