Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse ALTERED!  (Read 14767 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse ALTERED!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 09:56:10 pm »

Hey, mine totally complies with the rules! I structured it exactly off of Jay Kayell's profile, but it seemed like Skill and Location should fall under Special Choices Related to Profile because that's precisely what they are.

e: If anyone else sees some sort of problem, by all means, show me, because my rejection does not make any sense.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 10:31:40 pm »

Sounds pretty decent but it doesn't ealy follow the rules of the zombie survival guide or leave openings for skills an average person might know like martial arts, crafting, hunting, or basic melee weapon usage/knowledge.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 11:05:03 pm »

Sounds pretty decent but it doesn't ealy follow the rules of the zombie survival guide or leave openings for skills an average person might know like martial arts, crafting, hunting, or basic melee weapon usage/knowledge.

This is not finished yet, things will be added, don't post if you aren't going to play, if you aren't going to play, don't complain.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 11:23:42 pm »

Tuv, are you going to explain what you have against my profile or not?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 11:27:54 pm »

You tried to "cut in" in front of other people, with a reserve and then an edit. Which is just downright rude to other people. If Zako had waited until he had access to a normal computer, so he could read the spoilers and make a proper sheet, and if you hadn't "Reserved!" "Edited!" you would both be in the "Guaranteed Spots" location. It is that simple.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 11:34:52 pm »

... Are you joking?

First, reserving is standard practice from what I've seen here. It's the only way not to lose the spot to someone who managed to get it before you.

Second, it's better if people who want to get in reserve, so other people don't end up writing sheets they're not going to get a chance to use because while they were writing their stuff, someone who was writing less managed to get in before them.

That's not cutting. If anything, it's being considerate. At the rate these things get taken up, not reserving is no less than saying, "I want to make a profile but I don't want to play it."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 11:40:45 pm »

That only tells me that you did not read through all of the rules, where it specifically states that. "More spots will open as the game progresses." This system for sign-ups rewards people who are both quick and accurate, gives a chance for those who are slower but accurate, and penalizes people who "Jump in" just to get a spot without having considered the rules at all.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:22 pm »

I don't like jumping in later.

Where in the rules did you say not to attempt to reserve? Please, quote it for me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:57 pm »

Like I said in the first place, had you just written your sheet up normally, without having to go "OMG RESERVED" you would still be in the same spot, but on the "Guaranteed List"

I don't have to tell you where it is, because it isn't there, as the GM I have the right to enforce rules that are not on that list, though I will add it up there in a few minutes, because it now applies to everyone. You were just the first person to do it, and Ironically, you did it when it was totally unnecessary to do, and got punished for doing something unnecessary. If noone else signs up with a "Guaranteed Spot" application, you will, in fact, be in the starting 5.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 11:56:32 pm »

I assumed it was not a problem because there was no rule against it. I find it unfair that out of nowhere, you pulled a rule on me that you never stated and bumped me down for not following that lack of a rule.

I said "Reserved" for the slot because I knew it would be quite some time before I would be able to actually make a profile, and it was. If I hadn't, it's fully possible someone else would've taken the spot.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 12:06:19 am »

If you feel so offended by it, seriously, don't play, I am not forcing you to.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 12:09:29 am »

Haha, no worries. If it bothered me that much I would've pulled out.

I'm just a bit bored so I feel like arguing about it even though my spot does not appear to be in danger presently.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 12:38:04 am »

So you're not allowing specific people to play first off because you don't like them?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 12:41:04 am »

Name: Jeff Stadtham (I love my phonebook)

Profile: Civilian (Twitch Gamer)

A Description of your character’s appearance: White, unusually short and thin. Brown hair, slightly perturbed expression stuck on face. Fast, jerky movements.

Background: Jeff, as any self respecting 1337 n00bpwnz0r would, spent the first few days of the zombie outbreak playing shooting games. It was only when he noticed moaning, shuffling people outside his door that he realized that he should probably leave. Gaming was his main hobby before the outbreak, and he's still remarkably desensitized to violence. He likes using words like "headshot" and "owned," and he thinks of zombies not as crawling horrors, but as "IRL noobs" who need to be "pwned." Skill: Weapon Training (I was thinking about "Fast," but I decided that the leet snipar stereotype relied more on hitting things with a gun.)

Starting Zone: Commercial
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:54:33 am by inaluct »

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 12:45:07 am »

Name: Mark Johnson

Profile: Solider

Special Choices Related to Profile: Rifle Skill

A Description of your character’s appearance: White, dressed in khaki and combat fatigues, brown haired with brown eyes

Background: A solider that went AWOL, Mark is now trying to survive in the city. He's equipped with a rifle, three clips of ammo, a small survival kit, and a gasmask. His goals are to leave 'the shambling hordes behind me, with me happily flipping them off from the safety of a helicopter'.

Goals: Escape the city alive.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:43:06 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7