Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse ALTERED!  (Read 14793 times)

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse ALTERED!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 12:46:54 am »

@ Inaluct: As a Civilian you get a choice of starting zone, Residential, Commercial, or Industrial, you didn't choose. Otherwise a fine application.

@ Little: You picked Civilian, made the same mistake as Inaluct, chose two skills when you only get to pick one, and in your background give all indications that you had originally wanted the Soldier profile. Needs alot of work.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2008, 12:54:38 am »

Whups. Fixed that. Commercial seems believable for my character, I think.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2008, 01:46:27 am »

Name: Jonathan (no last name)

Profile: Civilian

Special Choices Related to Profile: (If Applicable) Electronic

Starting area: Residential

A Description of your character’s appearance:

A tall, dark- haired, 18- year old boy with a pair of ragged jeans, a blue shirt and a general untidy look. A pair of spectacles sits upon his nose, adding to his nerdy feel.

Background: (unnecessary but you can write it up if you want to)

Jonathan is a savant (although there is no skill for that, QQ), meaning that although he may have photographic memory and an unnatural aptitude for computers and maths, he cannot remember any faces or easily produce speech. Still, he feels a need to interact with other human beings, and thus will be a valuable party member if he doesn't die in the first few turns.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 06:33:21 am by Dwarfaholic »

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2008, 01:55:45 am »

Dwarfaholic, Same mistake as Inaluct. You failed to choose a starting location as a Civilian.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2008, 02:33:04 am »

Bah, specifics specifics!

I'll guess we will just have to wait until more players are added.  :(

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 03:45:27 am »

Currently, By order of Acceptance, and Chronology, the starting 5 players will be:

Boogerman
Jay Kayell
Zako
Pandarsenic
Inaluct

It is still possible to get in the initial 5 if you complete a correct application.

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 03:48:37 am »

Name: Grace Tanarus

Profile:Civilian

Special Choices Related to Profile: Fast

Appearance: Medium-height 24 yr-old shaven-headed woman. Light, easily concealable scarring and burning over most of body.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 03:51:03 am »

Saurus33 is not accepted. Escaped lunatic with single post, shows no signs of being a consistent poster.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 03:57:48 am »

I really think you should let people play without a testing at the door. If they make problems later on just give away their character.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 03:58:38 am »

In that case, should an opening appear later, would I be accepted?
Or is this particular game to wait until I have amassed a sizable postcount?

Also, you may want to change the colour of the Soldier profile. I barely noticed it, and I wouldn't be surprised should someone else fail to do so. This may also be why Little had the civilian profile while clearly also having a Soldier background.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 04:34:53 am »

I really think you should let people play without a testing at the door. If they make problems later on just give away their character.

That would work, Except when there is no criteria for getting in, you get a "burst" of people, suddenly you have 2, 3, 4 times as many people as you expected in the first place, you either keep going, burn yourself out, and ruin the game, or weed people out and get bitched at for being "too selective" I am taking steps to make this the longest-lasting Zombie-Apoc as of yet, and to do that, I need to take no more than I can at any time. After 3 turns if I feel that I can take more, I will. no sooner.

As a side note, I am giving about 16-20 more hours as of this post until I start this up.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 04:40:39 am »

What I mean is something like, 5 players maximum, first in first served. When 5 players are reached, you play and introduce characters when you feel you can handle them. If 1 player is screwing up the game, replace them.
What I don't mean is letting in everybody and then kicking everybody out.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 02:48:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

yes this is my first post, because i signed up to the forums after reading Leo's ZA, to play this...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 03:00:06 pm »

A Japanese genius guy with long black hair and blue eyes who wears a black trenchcoat?

Okay, seriously; Japanese people don't usually have blue eyes, and computer programmers usually don't wear ugly sunglasses and black trenchcoats. Also, are you okay with your character being made fun of because of his name? 'Cause a guy with long black hair wearing a black trenchcoat with a girl's name is a little awkward.

I mean, if my name was Alexis, I'd tell people it was just Alex.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 03:05:49 pm »

There's gonna be a lot of making fun of a blue-eyed girl-named Wapanese child prodigy computer programmer trenchcoater if he gets in, believe me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7