Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: yay!  (Read 1693 times)

BigBallzGT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
yay!
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:57:00 pm »

ah, yes!  so i finally got it on my sisters computer, and it runs like a charm.  it's beautiful! i can see myself being totally enthralled with this game for days! there are a few tiny things that could be improved upon, but i know how hard those thigns can go, so keep up the awesome work!
ever Let it Go...

Greenskin13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: yay!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 12:30:00 am »

Wait till you see the next version that's coming out real soon.  It's going to have officers, FNGs, and tanks!

I think X is working on it right now.

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 10:09:00 am »

:(

X

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »

Jon has sent me a few more mod bits, so check them out - I may have got confused with the last pack, so send me corrections and such.

X

Greenskin13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 06:46:00 pm »

SlowMotionRiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thetopfloor.org
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 11:11:00 am »

One thing I noticed when trying to get the modded versions to work that may be causing strange errors for people is that unless you use your compression program to extract the game (or you know where all the files should be located), you may not have the files extracted to the proper locations.  This is a common problem with a simple solution that's easily overlooked.

Here's an example...I currently use WinZip at my workstation (I play the game on my work PC...).  Normally, I just select all the files in an archive, then click and drag them where I need them to go (in a directory on my Desktop, for example).  If you do that with the OGG version of WW1M, then the files won't be placed in the proper "art" and "sound" directories; the result is that you'll return some weird errors and the game crashes before it starts.  The only thing that clued me in to this was that I had my original installation of the game still on my PC and I checked the directory structure.

So I entered the desired directory into WinZip, let it do the extraction of files itself, and everything was where it should have been placed.  More importantly, the game WORKED, which was what I wanted anyway.

--SMR

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 02:05:00 pm »

Moral of the story: WinRar

Also, toad to start writing code that detects and reports errors, rather than just hard crashing.

X