Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Screenshot game  (Read 20616 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshot game
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2008, 03:53:13 am »

Foa, that looks incredibly like some early alpha of DF. But I don't remember such detailed rivers in ANY version of DF, so I guess that's not it.

A_Fey_Dwarf, that "game" may be interesting-looking, but it's, uh...  Think DF where you have to CODE EACH DWARF IN C!!! Well, not HAVE to, but SHOULD, if you want to get any kind of productiveness out of them.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:55:32 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2008, 10:58:16 am »

Here's another shot of that game for you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can give some hints, too. Well, I don't really remember who made it, or when, but it runs from DOS, which should be an indication. In this "game", which is actually a robot-assisted-construction simulator you make orders for a bunch of robots that have to build some sort of a construction using materials you buy and special markers you place. You can define roles for robots (some build walls, some build stairs, in this example the guy carrying the grey block builds walls, and the other guy will finish on the last column and get to the stairs), you can define rules and routes for them (the icons in the bottom right, flags, traffic cones), as well as outright go ahead and code their behavior. There's no specific goal, or so I think, other than make as high a building as you can using materials and robots at your disposal. More materials cost points, I don't remember if robots do though. All in all, it's a pretty useless piece of software unless you consider translating all that into real life.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2008, 12:57:38 pm »

The only thing I can find that might remotely be similar is EROS (Erann’s RObot Simulator, if you prefer), and I couldn't even find much about that. No pics, either.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2008, 12:58:14 pm »

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
...All in all, it's a pretty useless piece of software unless you consider translating all that into real life.

Perfect! I want it!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2008, 02:06:09 pm »

And no, its not X-COM

Oh. I get my UFO and X-COM series mixed up. I have that game downloaded though...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2008, 02:38:29 pm »

Another hint, this time I think you'll find it. The developer is a Japanese company called Artdink, the game was released in 1995. HotU lists its genre as "unique". :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2008, 02:48:31 pm »

Carnage Heart?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2008, 02:50:52 pm »

SAY WHAT?

Was that a guess about the robot game?..  I don't think the name is... fitting. :P

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2008, 04:13:46 pm »

HR2 - The Simulator.

The theme is listed as unique, not the genre. I'll post a pic after class.

I'm the king of generic shots! Yet another dwarf. I blocked out his name as I thought it was preset. As it turns out, it was just a random name generated by the game.

*Note to self: Remember to block out prestige classes next time...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:14:57 pm by Mephisto »

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2008, 06:22:52 pm »

'tiz Neverwinter Nights laddie. The eye gave it away... also... no screenshot, first to post one gets the spot!

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2008, 06:32:21 pm »

Foa, that looks incredibly like some early alpha of DF. But I don't remember such detailed rivers in ANY version of DF, so I guess that's not it.

A_Fey_Dwarf, that "game" may be interesting-looking, but it's, uh...  Think DF where you have to CODE EACH DWARF IN C!!! Well, not HAVE to, but SHOULD, if you want to get any kind of productiveness out of them.
Homebrew build, it so- bit when it came to the shores of said river.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2008, 09:16:31 pm »

I don't mean to take so many turns. I just find this kind of game fun. I guess I'm just weird like that. Plus, I've got lots of what should be obscure games. This is Bay12, though. Everyone here has played most of the obscure games.

I provided enough information to determine what this game is. As a side note, I played through half of the game before realizing I could modify my weapon while taking this screenshot.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2008, 10:06:54 pm »

Yeah, I also played this game for some time before realising weapons could be upgraded. It's Pariah.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2008, 02:24:44 am »

Since noone is posting a screenshot, I'll post one. I think it's quite an easy one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2008, 02:40:20 am »

Looks vaguely similar to something like the Curse of the Monkey Island, but no way that's a Scumm interface, so it can't be it. Or can it?

It looks like it's not a PC game jusdging by resolution/graphics. SNES?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12