Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Tacticus -> Tournament Play  (Read 4741 times)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
Tacticus -> Tournament Play
« on: November 27, 2008, 11:41:13 pm »

I would like to begin another game of Tacticus, only this time we will utilize the Tournament format, which I don't think I need to explain to all of you. 

So I will start play, as page 1 of the Tournament Tacticus Player's Guide to Mediocre Opening Moves states I should:

I place one Carp token in the river.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tacticus -> Tournament Play
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 02:46:09 am »

What? Tournament rules? No one plays with tournament rules! It's either Pantshelm or Pantsheim, though I admit that Pantsheim is much rarer.

Regardless, I place a skeletal elephant token in the river.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:49:51 am »

I place a cat in the river.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 01:19:06 pm »

I dam the river with my team of dark gnomes. According to the rules of 122 granite edition, I lose 1d5 gnomes or a cat to water accidents. Since I didn't embark with a cat, I'll substitute a dog, since they taste the same according to the Complete Revised Edition of Tacticus Vol. 26, encrusted with pike bone edition.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 01:29:37 pm »

this sounds... fun... maybe, i'd like to know the rules so that i may participate. I hate to interrupt such an eloquent game with my droll, but i simply cannot find any rules anywhere.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:41:23 pm »

I move my skeletal elephant from the river to the dam. According to the Boatmurdered Elephant Expansion Rules, all sentient beings must make a will save when face to face with any sort of pachyderm. To counter the revisions put in by the Complete Revised Edition of Tacitus -FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYS- Vol. 3: "The Third Dimension and You", I invoke the Tournament Rulebook, Nostalgia Edition.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 01:45:19 pm »

Crap. My gnomes are forced to scatter. At least there's no more water. According to the Tacticus River handbook (The green cover edition.) everyone must now endure a torrent of spam about drowning.

The carp has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The dwarf has drowned.
The dwarf has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The pike has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The longnose gar has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The longnose gar has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The cat has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The clown loach has drowned.
The carp has drowned.
The carp has drowned.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 02:28:52 pm »

this sounds... fun... maybe, i'd like to know the rules so that i may participate. I hate to interrupt such an eloquent game with my droll, but i simply cannot find any rules anywhere.

I'm pretty sure it's like Calvinball. But a straight answer on that subject from somone would be nice.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 03:04:35 pm »

Well my carp has indeed drowned, however the presence of an undead being on the field means that I can envoke Rule 12 of the Neconidwarficon, found conveniently on page 37 (which is ripped out in anger in most editions by dwarven publishers, but in my copy is intact).

Rule 12: "That's the Last of Them";  At any point if there is an undead being on the field, all living creatures must make a roll upon any death short of complete dismemberment.  If the roll succeeds, according to the "How to Serve Dwarves" table, the creature becomes an undead with 1d6 hit dice.

I roll, and get....a 3.  So my Dire Zombie Carp is still in the dry riverbed for this turn, but don't expect that to last long.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 03:17:01 pm »

Fine, lemme see,

i place 5 goblins in the cave

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 03:24:22 pm »

I place one Drawf Fortress in the Plains and invoke the "New Civilizations Formation" rule, so as to promote the Fortress into a Mountainhome. I place the King in the Fortress too.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 03:56:49 pm »

I place 4 Kobolds on the plains and invoke the rule 5 of the internationally agreed upon Kobold rules that states that all kobolds are invisible until you bump into one of them.

I set them to steal the knickKnacks from the lonely fortress.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 04:56:56 pm »

I place a bear in the plain. Oh it found a kobold! Ouch.

The Kobold has been struck down!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 05:16:54 pm »

i invoke the rule that dresdor made.

"Rule 12: "That's the Last of Them";  At any point if there is an undead being on the field, all living creatures must make a roll upon any death short of complete dismemberment.  If the roll succeeds, according to the "How to Serve Dwarves" table, the creature becomes an undead with 1d6 hit dice."

he didn't specify what constitutes a 'successful' roll, so i'll say it's any odd number.

i roll... and get a 5

my undead Kobold wanders aimlessly
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5