Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Six Souls. Turn 1 UP!  (Read 10655 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Six Souls. Turn 1 UP!
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:52:11 am »

Right, I just thought I'd throw this one out here.

Basic story: Everyone in the world is dead. No-one knows why, or how, but all of your friends, family and distant relations have died. You 6 players are the only people you know in the world to have survived this. Its not a zombie outbreak, because no-one came back from the dead. Its not an invasion by aliens, because nothing was destroyed. You 6 have to make it in the world, restart, make a new society, grow, become what you always wanted to be!
You think your the only ones alive, but who knows, there might be others?

Setting: Edinburgh; 2009 1st January. The disaster did happen on New years day. Which does mean there'll be alot of dead people on the streets.
Characters: Anything you want them to be. Preferably something realistic, Edinburgh has a high population of Students/old people/Polish immigrants/and Scottish people (well duh). I'm looking for 6 people, first come first serve.
Rules: There arn't any specific rules, just general don't throw abuse at people irl. RP will make life here easier for you. and stuff.

So I'll have to work it out, but you'll probably start in the center of town all meeting for the first time. I'll post a small map of the center of Edinburgh via google maps and you can take a look see.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you want the larger (clearer map) then just say and I'll send it to you.

People interested:
1. Rooster - Kate
2. deadlycairn - Simon
3. Aqizzar - Rachelette
4. sonerohi - Millar
5. Pengiun - That prossie lady Candy
6. chaoticjosh - Fernando

===Update Section===
Ok, I did note that the map was of bad quality when I uploaded. So I'm gonna post up the bigger version with numbers :D Sorry about that Aqizzar. And no, the animals didn't die. Just humans (I'll go fix that :D) I'll put up a link to the download.
=================
Oh yes, I'll need you to give a quick character description, like about 100 words or something, who they are, where they're from, what they're doing in Edinburgh, any special talents (just make it like... one for just now, you can learn some more later).

The general jist of the rules goes along the lines of if you have a talent you'll do it better, if not then you wont. You don't have any major difficulties with anything survival related (you've watched Ray Myres etc.) You know how to start a campfire and stuff.

The turns meanwhile shall be played out on a week by week style, if anything major happens (and it will) then I'll tell you lot and we'll do it on a day by day basis. You get one action for each day, this is what you'll be spending the most time on in that one day (be it finding food, building shelter, planting some crops.) When the major events happen you'll have 24 action points to spend to figure the event out and stuff. It will act like one day action point over all. But you'll get to specify what you do better. Note: If you want to suggest a better way of doing these turns then please tell me :D

Intro
31/12/08 Hogmanay (Hog-man-nay Scottish New Years).
23:30. People are out celebrating what is the countries biggest New years party. People are everywhere on the streets, drinking, laughing having a wonderful time as they forget what was a quite terrible year for the world. The clocks ticking down to the biggest use of fireworks seen yet at Edinburgh Castle.
23:55. People gather everywhere for their own view of the castle, the fireworks start. The concert in Princes Street gardens is coming to its climax in unison with the Castles display. People are getting anxious, waiting for the final rockets to explode in their wonderful reds, yellows, greens and blues.
0:00 January 1st 2009. Suddenly five hundred thousand people drop dead onto the floors as the colours in the air begin to fade. In an instant what was one of the most celebrated times in the year became the quietest. No-one was around, not a single voice except for the harsh winds picking up from the north.
0:05. 6 Sole people find themselves the only people left standing in Princes Street. There are no tears shed among them, they just stare at each other wondering what had happened. A faint thud is heard towards the east.

Ok, thats the intro. You guys were all celebrating new years in the center of town, just north of the castle on that long street. Its up to you what you guys want to do now.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:52:23 pm by Nilocy »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hmm, a game I came up with while falling asleep this morning.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:10:40 am »

I might actually play this game cause I'm polish (duh!)

Character:
Nicholas(Mikołaj) Madej

a man very talented in languages. Had big interest in survival in the wilderness before "this" happened. age 20. Long brown hair. wears black clothing (black shirt, jeans, boots).

So yeah - my talent be "Linguistic genius" I can read in many languages , and since there is 6 people left we can communicate with english but I hope to find some scientific books or something like that, and it will be probable that I will be the only one to read them. Oh and I'm in Edinburgh because I emigrated there to search for a better job ( But it has no meaning right now  ::) )
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:01:59 pm by Rooster »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:21:53 am »

I'm interested, so count me in. I'll give character info after a hour or two.

edit: or three or four :P... I'm a little busy right now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:16:25 pm by Banzayatc »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 11:39:25 am »

Name: Miller

Born and raised in Edinburgh, was an avid player of Dwarf Fortress and made his living by making and selling trinkets of both wood and metal. Wears a long-sleeved, white, synthetic shirt; an undershirt; boxers; and silver, snythetic shorts.

Talent: Can make littler objects out of metal (could make bullet cases, or rings for chainmail or something).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:39:45 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 11:52:15 am »

You DO realize that we need someone to play women?

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 12:05:17 pm »

This might be interesting. 'Specially as I've never done any roleplaying before (excluding rtd...), but can't hurt to try. Atleast I'm certain it will be fun. Dwarven fun, at least.

Am not a woman, though.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 12:19:32 pm »

It will be a bit awkward restarting the word if you were all men.... I guess you could devise a way to make babies in test tubes... but erm... that might take a while :D

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 12:35:57 pm »

Can't even restart it via testtubes, Nilocy. You need a woman to implant the fetus.

You could try causing male pregenacy...but I wonder if it is more productive to use the last moments of your life to find out what caused the mass extiniction.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New World
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 01:07:12 pm »

SO this is like "I am legend"? then i want to be Will Smith.

Will Smith
Race: Black
hometown: Bel-air
description: Popular american actor travels to Edinburgh for a vacation. The next day however, everyone in the world disappears. What will he do?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 01:34:36 pm »

You could solve this problem by having migrants arrive. They could be migrants from underground, moving to the surface world after humanity goes extinct.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 01:37:03 pm »

Nope, its definately not like I am Legend. Cause that was a terrible film. And I don't think ill allow you to be Will Smith, I want this to be a quite serious RP. Will smith... well he's just not real :D

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 02:14:52 pm »

Name: Simon
Talent: Outdoorsy
Description: Average height, lean, brown hair, longish scar on one arm from a camping accident a few years ago.
Bio: Simon's family were always wilderness mad, and dragged him to all sorts of camping trips and survival camps. After a while, he began to like them, and even picked up a few things himself.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 02:53:23 pm »

What the hell, why not join another forum game.  At the rate they move I'll have plenty of time between each.

Name: Omar
Talent: Martial Artist
Description: Tall and broad Arab man, brown skinned, slicked black hair and a foot of beard.
Bio: Omar has traveled the length and breadth of the world as a professional open-class fighting champion.  His fame at beating people up earned him a offer from a Dubai oil sheik to stand around looking tough at press events.  The sheik vanished along with everyone else, and now Omar is left standing around Edinburgh with no one to impress.  Glory hog that he is, he's rather miffed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 03:03:20 pm »

If we could get at least ONE woman...

tell you what:
If there won't be any women I'll start as one for sense's sake!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 03:06:59 pm »

Come to think of it, if no else does, I'll play a woman too.  Not gonna let this be like the Westside zombie escape.

Hell, I'll just do it anyway.  Omar can stay on the backburner for now.  Gimme a minute to think of another character.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4