Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Six Souls. Turn 1 UP!  (Read 10657 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Six Souls (Name change from New World)
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 07:39:07 pm »

What do you expect our first actions to be, running around screaming?  Hysterically arguing amongst ourselves?

That would make sense.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »

I spend four hours salvaging the nearest supermarket for food. And 6 hours in the nearest internet cafe, just serfing the internet for... well, something about the situation. After that I return to the supermarket, and this time I spend another four hours to search for a decent laptop (maybe even assemble it from parts of other laptops) and a backpack. After that I eat and sleep (at my home) for 10 hours total.

I guess I could've think of something better but I'm to sleepy now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:08:22 am by Banzayatc »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 08:04:23 pm »

remember guys, don't just post your actions, ya gotta roleplay! name o' the game guys. I'm sure some efficient method of communicating amongst ourselve in this fashion is feasible. perhaps really slow days that are only taken a few hours at a time? Nilocy, remember, your the Dungeon Master, so you have to make the settting and direct everybody in some way.

i'm in-character... NOW

first 7 hours of day spent sleeping

8:00: I must say, today feels like a great day! My great dream is halfway completed starting today, I jump out of bed and... the senorita that had enjoyed the night with me lies motionless on the balcony! I rush to her side and beckon her to awaken, i shake her shoulders and gently slap her tender face, but their is no reaction. I check her pulse only to conclude that their is no life in this woman! This is a travesty! What had stolen her life away in the night? I must beseech help from the local authorities! I rush from my hotel room and down the staircase, only to see the Bellboy collapsed on the stairs. investigating, i find that this young senor has passed on also. I gallop to the first floor! The front desk is unoccupied, and so I search behind it for the service phone. I call the authorities, but their is no answer! what on Earth is going on! I go outside, and many men and women are lying about on the street! What calamity has transpired!? I investigate the many unmoving senors and senoritas, I poke and prod and yell, but it would appear that, despite that there is not a scratch upon any of them, no one is alive to inform me of what has occurred!

9:00 AM - 10:00: I spend two hours prowling the streets, looking for anyone other than myself that had survived. The sight of the many dead fills me with incredible terror and unease, but something simply must be done! I walk because even though my imported cadillac sts is my pride and joy, the streets are far too jammed with the bodies of the unfortunate, or other various accidents, and it is simply untraversable with a vehicle. I search in all the surrounding areas, but i only find more of the same. I am quite mortified and upset.

11:00 AM: hunger strikes me in my search despite my frame being consumed by fear and disgust in my search. I break into and search a local Bistro, and find that electricity has not ceased functioning, and so i've managed to salvage some fresh meats and breads. The bistro being closed from the outside, i manage a meal in a half-decent setting. Eating the foods did take some time though, a whole hour in fact, as i am still quite revulsed by the situation.

12:00-5:00 PM: Seeing the bodies of the unfortunate ones lie about on the street is far too depressing. I head back to my hotel room to rest my head and weep. I weep for the longest time.

6:00 PM - 10:00 PM: I carry my senorita and the bellboy outside and lay them side by side on the sidewalk. I then spend the next 4 hours carrying all the dead senors and senoritas and laying them side by side on the sidewalk in the same fashion. This is exhausting work, both physically and emotionally, but even with all my work, the road is only partially cleared, and is still not passable for any vehicle. at 10 o' clock, i retired to my room for the rest of the night. I believe there are some fields nearby, if i can get my hands on a shovel, i may be able to lay some of the unfortunate ones to rest in a proper fashion.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:10:33 pm by chaoticjosh »

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 08:07:49 pm »

Did animals die as well or just people? (Affects my turn)
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 06:06:37 am »

Great! Now I have to change my character to make it more usefull because of a "great" spaniash man with talents "linguistic" (I already have that) and affection with women while there are going to be three (yes my char will be a woman)

Name: Kate (Katarzyna) Madej
Sex: F
Talent:She is on a first year of medical studies so, yeah - doctor
Story: She came to Edinburgh to study medicine. And now she is alone. She hopes to figure out what happened to the rest of the people. Now she has found 5 humans alive in the middle of Edinburgh. God! what a luck!

6Am She has no remorse so she breaks into the nearest mall, and gathers all needed stuff there (She will take orders for particular stuff so ,yeah - fell free
to do that) Using the rest of the time for breakfast
12 - noon Using found stuff she prepares a bed for herself. If others will want that She can prepare 6 beds.Using rest of the time for lunch

3PM - 10PM -  She will use that time to talk to the rest, and gather everything they know (if at all). Preparing 3rd meal for whole group, and then sleep

I can roleplay, but I don't want to right now. Maybe in second turn

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 07:43:43 am »

I see I'm not in the list, how come? Just curious, I don't think it will be good for me to play right now...
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 10:04:08 am »

Ok, I did note that the map was of bad quality when I uploaded. So I'm gonna post up the bigger version with numbers :D Sorry about that Aqizzar. And no, the animals didn't die. Just humans (I'll go fix that :D) I'll put up a link to the download.

I FIXED THE MAP ASWELL!

And a note: The turns are what _you_ want to happen, ill write some rp, give you a challenge and you gotta figure it out ok?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:25:35 am by Nilocy »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 11:14:51 am »

[OOC: Candy is going to be the most offensive, stereotypical woman I can think of.]

I'm struck with fear by the situation, and I follow one of the men around, practically clinging to him as I cry my eyes out. He pushes me away, as women are not on his mind right now. So I go to a store, rummaging around for anything interesting, occasionally falling to my knees and crying about what's happening.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 04:25:30 pm »

Right, I'm just waiting on Aqizzar, sonerohi and deadlycairn.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Six Souls. Waiting for Aqizzar, deadlycairn and sonerohi
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 06:06:22 pm »

I updated my post Nil. If it still isn't good enough for you then I'm going to need some pointers.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 09:56:28 pm »

Okay, this got a little melancholy and paranoid.  That's in character.  I'm developing an idea of Rachelette as a bitter introvert – she's not a survivalist, but she is misanthropic enough that being the last person on earth hasn't driven her crazy.

Also, should we converse in the thread or something?  Trying to account for five other personalities over the course of a day in such a situation is going to be difficult, especially this first day's worth of meetings.  I assumed that I hysterically ran out of the square at midnight before anyone else noticed me, so I'll be meeting everyone next, if anyone else is still hanging around (Area 1 right?)

Speaking of which, I don't mean to nitpick Nilocy, but those numbers are really hard to read.  Bigger and brighter would help, but it's not too important.

Midnight to 6:00AM – I was in the middle of a New Years party my vapid work-friends dragged me to, trying to drink enough to avoid conversation without getting too drunk to stay alert and present.  You can only feign conversation with partyers so long before you need some alcohol yourself, but I'm certainly not doing anything I could regret.  Then the clock strikes the Year, and the whole damn city drops dead right around me.  I spend the next several hours doing what any reasonably sane would do – running pointlessly and standing around in total shock.  After a while it turns to a dazed strolling, and I poke corpses with sticks to see if they're really there and dead.  I would call someone, but I don't know anyone I like or trust enough to call even for an end-of-world-check.

6:00 AM to 6:00 PM – As dawn breaks, the magnitude of the situation sinks in, and I realize what incredible danger the world is in, especially it's most important resource, knowledge.  I may be the last person left alive, but whether I am or not, there is no more important task now than saving any vital information I can.  I rush back to my apartment, taking the first working car I find (the owner obviously won't be complaining).  Every computer I own is engaged in downloading every important file I can think of – medical data, classic movies and books, the lasted news from before whatever happened.  It occurs to me to try contacting anyone, but every news site and forum is as dead as the streets.  I try to basically grab anything of tangential importance before the power goes out, in between cold, terrifying shivers.

6:00PM to late – Seeing the sun go down, I'm reminded of just how stark the world is with everyone dead, and the pettiness of what I've been doing.  Not pointless, all knowledge is worth saving, but it's not like anyone's around to stop me from just taking books anymore.  How much worth saving is on the Internet anyway?  I head out into the town to just get a good look at everything.  A long look.  It seems trite to worry about food in light of all the end of humanity strew around me, but I'm not in a hurry to join them.  Again realizing there's no one to stop me, I grab a bite at the cafe I used to tolerate.

late to End of the Turn – At some point I happen to make my way back through the original area, and probably notice that there's other people alive.  After stepping over dead people all day, it's pretty disconcerting.  I hang back at a distance and watch the people for a while, paranoid that they might somehow be responsible, or just dangerous opportunists.  I didn't survive the end of the world to be grabbed by barbarians now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 12:08:42 am »

Meh, I'll wait a bit to do these kind of super-RP posts.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 03:43:27 am »

More rpg-ing like these and it may turn to a TV show...
quite fun actually!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 08:12:23 am »

Ok, so I'm just waiting on deadlycairn, and i'll write up the turns. I'm basically assuming that all of you will meet in the first day, although i've had to twist some of your turns around to suite that idea. But by the end of today you'll have all contacted each other and given each other your mobile numbers or w/e.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Six Souls. Waiting for deadlycairn.
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 12:17:38 pm »

Sorry guys, I don't have access to a computer on a sunday.

Turn 1:
Simon woke up on the first day of the new year to a surprisingly quiet day. He assumed his parents were just sleeping in, so he decided to go for a bit of a walk. Trust his parents to take him camping in the meadows on New Year's Eve.

It was nearly noon by the time Simon got suspicious (and hungry), so he headed back to camp, where he found the corpses of his parents. Shocked, his first instinct was to run and run, but everywhere he turned there were yet more dead people. Finally he turned into the city centre, and look, there were other survivors! However, the mental shock to Simon was great, and his strongest urge was to go bush, away from all the death.
Maybe he could convince these people to come with him...
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4