Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability to make items in adventure mode.  (Read 4391 times)

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ability to make items in adventure mode.
« on: August 16, 2007, 02:37:00 am »

Make arrows, swords, shields and armor in adventure mode.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to make items in adventure mode.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 07:30:00 am »

I read somewhere that eventually we'll be able to do everything in adventure mode that can be done in dwarf mode. So I guess if you borrow a workshop somewhere (I guess they'll turn up in all the villages soon enough) you can smith to your hearth's content.   :D

Better yet, find an abandoned fortress. That way you get the workshops all to yourself. Well, you, and the rats.

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Jothki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »

Heck, grab a pick, carve out some rock, and build a workshop with it yourself.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:00 pm »

It's interesting that any dwarf can build a fully functional workshop from only rocks. (Yes, I know there's a lot of simplification going on, for sake of game flow.) Of course, I imagine all the dwarves have grown up around workshops (heck, we all know what the kids in the fortresses are like) and know pretty well what they're supposed to look like. I also imagine that they've been selected for the expedition for some reason and that they've been given some basic instructions on how to build a basic toolshop.

I wonder if a young elf would know as intuitively how to construct a magma forge out of steel, though...   :)

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 03:39:00 am »

Actually, you need to find a forge somewhere in the dungeons, carry an anvil, wield a hammer and preferably wear an apron since it adds to your smithing skill. Forges can be tricky to find since they spawn randomly, but there is one guaranteed on level 10 or 11 of cavern of chaos, right in the dwarf city, the only problem is the smith charges you 2000gp every time you use it, but you can fix that by teleporting him out of the smithy and then luring him to follow you to the stairs and onto another lever and then return to city alone and use it for freer... oh wait, thats not dwarf fortress, that was ADOM.  :D

Speaking of which, ADOM had a cute smithing system.