Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Elf files - A study of the Elven Race's Crimes  (Read 5796 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Elf files - A study of the Elven Race's Crimes
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 11:37:24 pm »

Dude... Glacies...

Look around you.

Do you see beards? I see beards.

Those beards will beat you to a bloody pulp if you continue acting like that.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 04:19:13 am »

MY HAIR WILL KILL YOU!

Stealth machinegun ambushes. ELF R WINNAR

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 04:30:47 am »

Dude... Glacies...

Look around you.

Do you see beards? I see beards.

Those beards will beat you to a bloody pulp if you continue acting like that.

I don't see one...

Oh, damn all of this. I'm going back to mah castle!

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 06:37:47 am »

I'm going to have to go with Glacies on this. They do bring stuff I can use, plants I can make my dwarves eat or brew, exotic animals to train and, in wood-sparse enviroments, wood. That and I usually stick with rock mugs from the start, which they don't mind. And I keep those mugs in a vomit-and-blood free enviroment. Then I'll switch to abundant metal I have, make crafts out of that and sell those.

Really, I'm much too dependent on the caravans to afford to cheese any of the races off.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 06:48:37 am »

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 02:48:23 pm »

And don't say that rock is not something you have in abundance and are willing to export.

Althought it's a little annoying to carefully pick all the mugs out of the bin, but the giant desert scorpions are worth it, no?

Mashirafen

• Bay Watcher
  • Meow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 03:02:18 pm »

Glacies, I will not have any Dwarf of mine saying things like that in my fortress! I'm drafting you into the army and sending you to your room!

So I can lock the door and let you die of thirst.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »

I just lost a fortress that had lasted 14 years because 2 sieges arrived in a season, both right after Elves!
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Micr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 03:51:00 pm »

I just lost a fortress that had lasted 14 years because 2 sieges arrived in a season, both right after Elves!
They obviously sabotaged your fortress!

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 04:00:25 pm »

And don't say that rock is not something you have in abundance and are willing to export.

Althought it's a little annoying to carefully pick all the mugs out of the bin, but the giant desert scorpions are worth it, no?

Hells bells, yes. And while its annoying to pick the mugs out the bin, it beats the alternative of going with no bins and having to find the damn mugs on the list.

And who can't say no to a nice giant desert scorpion, or a giant panther, or a jaguar, or some other exotic animal.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 05:50:04 pm »

Hey, elves are the closes thing we got to cannibalistic ninjas, so until we have pirates they rock! Unless they look and act like that fruity annoying Orlando Bloom poor excuse of a hollywood rape of elves everywhere.
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 06:23:09 pm »

There! Ya see? You're imposing outside influences into dwarf fortress!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 07:33:30 pm »

nonsensical gibberish

Call 911, he's delusional.

There there, nice dwarves in white suits will take you to a nice room fuuull of levers. You like levers right? You can pull any lever you want! Then lots of pointy funsys will come out and tickle you! Yeees, happy times.
And then you go to an even better place.
Look Glacies, my point is that they say one thing and do another, we just do stuff and talk about it.  Besides, if you buy 100 wood from an elven caravan when they've put that mandate on you, you still get in trouble with them.  And did anyone actually notice the "hippycrites?"
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 11:25:46 pm »

They only bring me dead animals and berries I already have. I use their bones for my artifacts since high value animals like beak dogs and trolls no longer exist. I don't really miss the 3 logs per year they might otherwise bring and their ambush parties provide a good way to get rid of the fodder

Styrre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 11:58:31 am »

Yes, they often act as scouting parties for goblins, assuming they are granted a certain amount of delicious dwarven flesh in return.
The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush! Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5