Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: LCS 3.18.0 -- Baby, check out my Skill Sheet  (Read 16462 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.18.0 -- Baby, check out my Skill Sheet
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 10:22:55 am »

Saves broken? I was so close to winning, too.

Well, I welcome the new skill sheet and various other changes.

Attacks the genetics lab until he can recruit a flaming rabbit.

Did you fix the bug where animals are treated as people and therefore given a name and randomized skills? Because back when you could seduce them, the only difference between them was unarmed attacks.
Then again, that might fit in L+ society.

Edit: My founder started with 2 First Aid when I don't think he should have. First Aid just seems to be broken in this release. I would also like the max skill columns darkened whether you have the skill or not.

Edit Again: My founder is slowly gaining the first aid skill when he's not supposed to be doing anything.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:25:57 am by penguinofhonor »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 11:26:05 am »

Did you change how much charisma you can get in character creation with this build? Because I went for a max-CHA founder and only got 13 CHA.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 12:50:42 pm »

Animals should not be getting skills at start, but otherwise are treated as people once recruited.

You get first aid for picking D in the last character creation question. And yes, you get free first aid experience all the time in 3.18.0 for some ridiculous reason, as long as you have at least one point. It's a 3.18.0 medical miracle! or a bug

The character creation options got changed a bit again, and yes, there's no longer a 15 CHA build, because the last E option will give you some intelligence mixed in as well now. See the wiki, and feel free to click history -> compare changes to check the differences with before and tell me how much the new questions suck compared to the old. ;)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 12:58:36 pm »

Oh. I always choose D now because it gives me a good boost for my mixed Charisma/Interrogation/Swordsman founder. Now that it gives first aid, it's even better.

Reading the wiki, I like the new last five questions.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:03:26 pm by penguinofhonor »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 01:03:03 pm »

The character creation options got changed a bit again, and yes, there's no longer a 15 CHA build, because the last E option will give you some intelligence mixed in as well now. See the wiki, and feel free to click history -> compare changes to check the differences with before and tell me how much the new questions suck compared to the old. ;)

Fine by me. 13 CHA is plenty for my super-duper persuader, and some intelligence is welcome for interrogation.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 02:05:12 pm »

Just got an odd bug: I had 20 CHA (13 CHA to start, 220 juice so I was an urban commando) going into the Gentleman's Club, at which point I proceeded to wrestle with the security for the bit. I now only have 17 CHA, which means my persuasion is now over the cap incidentally. I'm currently injured, but I don't have any lasting injuries (eyes blown out, teeth ripped out).

EDIT: After some healing, I'm back to 20 CHA. I was Wounded, I'm now Lightly Wounded and back to full. So it's probably not a bug, but it might cause some bizarre effects with skill training when you're injured.

Oh, and Doctors and Fashion Designers start with skills higher than their caps.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:07:47 pm by Think0028 »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:02 pm »

Your Charisma takes a temporary hit when you get bloodied up, mainly because it's harder to convince people you're sexy, sane, or smart when you have a black eye and a bloody lip.

The same is true of Agility and Strength, for more obvious reasons.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 02:13:10 pm »

Suggestion for a future version:

Birthdates for people during dates and discussion sessions. It helps to know what age your targets are sometimes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 02:38:29 pm »

Just focus on only teenagers. Makes everything easier.

Edit: Some of the car names are a bit long. "Stolen Black 2003 Sportscar-D" is covering up my skills.

Also, I would like profits from Credit Card Fraud to not make a message every day, and just add to my money like selling shirts.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:03:02 pm by penguinofhonor »

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 03:25:29 pm »

I'm quite fond of this version. Combat is no longer painfully realistic, and I can enjoy my kung-fu/sword rampages across the Downtown area, crushing any Conservative in my path. I've also found the big skill-screen with maximums incredibly useful; as it gives me a better idea of what my character is capable of.

Woo! Positives!

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 04:41:32 pm »

There's another issue with the stats being lowered due to injury. If the stat drop lowers a skill cap below the current value of the skill, the skill doesn't recover after the injury is healed.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 04:46:15 pm »

There's another issue with the stats being lowered due to injury. If the stat drop lowers a skill cap below the current value of the skill, the skill doesn't recover after the injury is healed.

It's been working fine for me. The skill never drops in the first place, all that changes for me is the cap.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 04:56:14 pm »

Hmm... it's probably actually wiping out your experience. I'll take a look at it later. I need to take a break from LCS and work on a paper due Tuesday.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 05:56:17 pm »

Since the 3.17 thread will soon be all but forgotten...

When you musically convert Club Security at the club (I haven't met an off-duty one anywhere else, so I assume they're only found there), they instantly become Conservative and continue fighting.  This is quite irritating.

Also, similarly converted police (possibly all types, but certainly Police Officers) seem to continue attacking the LCS.  You can't fight back because they're Liberal.  This is also irritating.

I don't yet know if you fixed these problems in 3.18.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 06:01:42 pm »

Flamethrowers should be available on the black market. I want one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12