Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: LCS 3.18.0 -- Baby, check out my Skill Sheet  (Read 16513 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 3.18.0 -- Baby, check out my Skill Sheet
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 06:03:07 pm »

Since the 3.17 thread will soon be all but forgotten...

When you musically convert Club Security at the club (I haven't met an off-duty one anywhere else, so I assume they're only found there), they instantly become Conservative and continue fighting.  This is quite irritating.

Also, similarly converted police (possibly all types, but certainly Police Officers) seem to continue attacking the LCS.  You can't fight back because they're Liberal.  This is also irritating.

I don't yet know if you fixed these problems in 3.18.

Nope, not in this version, but I did take note of them on my Secret To Do ListTM.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 06:24:17 pm »

Just focus on only teenagers. Makes everything easier.

No.  They have random attributes.  If you want young goons, get dancers and athletes (dancers are generally better for anything but melee).  Alternately, gang units and death squads are both young and reasonably fit.  CCS goons are too difficult to turn to be worthwhile.

If you don't care about age so much, try hippies.  WIS 1 and I think a high base HRT as well.  The WIS cap means their random attribute points go to actual useful stats.  They won't make the best goon squad, but it's easy to talk to a few dozen hippies at the vegan coop and pick the ones best suited to the job you're trying to fill.  High INT & CHA -> Interrogator.  High INT & HRT -> Writer.  And so forth.

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 05:33:31 am »

Just an odd minor bug to report: I've got my Founder raiding the Court House repeatedly for juice, jury tampering fun, disguise levelling and, well, everything that isn't nailed down. Meanwhile, my other squad (six randoms) are running around a variety of locations picking on lone Conservatives and beating them to death to level their Martial Arts skills. However, quite frequently at the end of the day all I get reported in the newspaper is the story of murder and violence at <wherever>, on page -842150451 or similar.

Nothing showstopping but it is odd, and the high negative page number could be a wrong memory address or something.

<edit> More info - if my founder is off doing something non-newsworthy, like stealing a car, then the murder and violence story is shown correctly on the front page </edit>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:51:50 am by Jools »

JeebusSez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 07:09:14 am »

at the end of the day all I get reported in the newspaper is the story of murder and violence at <wherever>, on page -842150451 or similar.

ohhhh so that's what that wierd giant negative number is.

also Michigan is abbreviated MC in the game for some reason.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 09:46:12 am »

also Michigan is abbreviated MC in the game for some reason.

"Detroit, MC" goes at least as far back as 3.09 (i.e. the source code posted on the official Bay12 page).  Nice catch.

Lord Trogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 06:55:21 pm »

thought I might want to mention that tactics is completely overpowered at higher levels. My founder easily got up to 18 tactics and can now literally take on 6 agents at once and not get even a bruise.

EDIT: oh and also if you equip a molotov but don't load up (so you have 0/0) then you can throw endless molotovs although it doesn't make fires. Also when you get burnt by a fire you get hurt but no actual body parts seem to be hurt. Rather annoying at times.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:06:10 pm by Lord Trogg »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 07:02:09 pm »

Neo easily got up to 18 tactics and can now literally take on 6 agents at once and not get even a bruise.

Fixed.

On a different note, I just spotted a typo.  The attack string for molotovs is "hurls a molotv at".

Another one:  "The Execution of an Automoton" (should be automaton)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:03:03 pm by Earthquake Damage »

JeebusSez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 02:46:24 am »

More grammar/typos:

"The Liberal Crime Squad has struck again. [...]
Accorded     to sources..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 08:58:59 am »

Is the psychology skill like business, relegion etc. in that it helps interrogation, recuitment and the like?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:32 am »

Psychology is the new name for interrogation.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 12:24:09 pm »

When I'm trying to pass time quickly (say, to build up my music skill or teach new recruits about everything except clipping their toenails), I find news articles and politics (read:  elections, votes, etc) irritating.  So I threw together a cheap hack that lets me suppress them at will (toggled at the Review screen, for lack of good real estate elsewhere).  It works wonderfully.

In particular, I can suppress politics (in its entirety, with the sole exception of the C+ amendment -- if I'm in danger of losing the game, I damn well want to know about it!) and I have several options for news suppression (more than I need really):  ignore CCS stories, ignore major stories (the "ZOMG KKK rally" shit that crops up occasionally), ignore minor stories (everything but major ones, since those tend to have a huge effect on public opinion), and ignore all stories.

I highly recommend doing something similar.  Maybe you could add an options menu, accessible from either the base, review, or agenda screen.

MOAR SUGGESTIONS:

1.  We need a way to give mass orders to sleepers as we do to active liberals.  At the least, we should be able to tell them to lay low, promote liberalism, recruit, and spy en masse.

2.  To reduce tedious micromanagement when you're gathering a lot of hostages, we could have some way of flagging liberals as hostage tenders.  If hostages are unattended and they have no current task, they automatically divvy themselves among the hostages and passively tend to them (i.e. don't bring up the interrogation screen and only apply restraints, food, and water, but only if they were active during the last interrogation session with that hostage -- so if you're starving someone, they continue to starve).

BUG REPORT:

1.  Typo:  A sleeper informed me that I was about to be attacked by corporate "mercinaries" (should be mercenaries).

2.  My sleeper lawyer, who's kicked ass and taken names all the way to some 600+ juice, just took a dive.  Apparently promoting liberalism caps your juice at 50, regardless of how high it was beforehand.  Similarly, a theoretical horrible lawyer who's lost enough cases to drop to -50 juice would probably jump to 0 by promoting conservatism.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:03:29 pm by Earthquake Damage »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 06:41:18 pm »

Better make it so giving food, water, and securing in restraints is the default.  Imagine how ticked you'd be if your recently captured CCS Boss died just because you forgot to feed and water him/her.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:52 pm »

Quick issue with the skill sheets. When you're in a vehicle with a large name it overrides 1 skill name.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 07:21:21 pm »

More arch-conservative bugs -- fun!

Losing a liberal (one man squad, if it matters) to conversion and stealing cars with another character that day will create a "You're spotted by people and blah blah" message and enter you into combat against the arch-conservative and the just-converted character. One attack message goes through, and then the carstealer magically gets away.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 07:26:25 pm »

I'm absolutely loving the new version - The skill sheets really make organising liberal training much easier.

Do you reckon that club security sleepers could occasionally let you in?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12