Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Werewolf - IT'S OVER  (Read 33008 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolf - First Day
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2008, 01:54:57 pm »

Because its the first day and we don't have any leads. . so most of us just vote randomly to see peoples reactions so we can try and pick up something from that. Or atleast that is what I would have done if I was here before the votes were massively in two peoples favors.
Yeah... It's almost exactly like the Mafia game. Except reversed.

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2008, 02:00:31 pm »

Its going to be a bit too hard to figure out the werewolves as we wont know whos been killed. We will have to rely on detective who could be infected and could be lying that hes detective etc. Im starting to think it would be better without infectious. .

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2008, 02:05:02 pm »

I think the problem is that you can't kill them fast enough to actually win, unless you kill them first. This is opposed to Mafia, where there is a set amount.

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2008, 02:19:41 pm »

I suppose theres that too but without the detective role (which could quite easily be taken by the werewolves) we aren't going to have a chance. The next night the werewolves are going to infect someone - we wont know who it is otherwise we would just lynch that person. So we will be back at square one - without anyone to suspect and just randomly accusing. If we know the person who dies we will be able to suspect certain people.
I think we should rule infectious out and the GM should pick some extra werewolves before this night unless someone can come up with a reason why this game mode will still work. . On second thoughts I think werewolves should have a certain chance of infection (GM rolls dice) or can only infect on the first two nights therefore they have a chance to build up their forces before they have a limited number and start killing people.
Otherwise the game will be rather impossibley won by any side.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:34:20 pm by Swiftfreddy »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2008, 03:54:30 pm »

And none of you realize that this is a Factions game? The werewolves could just kill each other, thereby ensuring our victory. I believe the disunity of the Werewolves is more than enough balance, usually, in a Werewolf game, the werewolves know who they are and are united.

Still, I think it would be better to allow us to vote NO LYNCH, so that we would be able to lead up to letting the werewolves kill each other. But I like the format as it is, having infection changes the gameplay of Werewolf immensely, making me very paranoid and fearful. And that's fun.

Oh yeah, and maybe we shouldn't be so 'strategic' with our voting, it kinda defeats the illusion that we're scared of the werewolves.

EDIT: Oh, Swiftfreedy, Squeegy stated that there may be more than one detective.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:58:10 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2008, 04:28:19 pm »

I can see how it will still work but I don't really fear the werewolves as I'm not gonna die and be out of the game if they do attack me.
But thats the point. We need to find out who the true detective(s) is (I'm not a detective D:) and make sure they are protected without risking the identity of our doctor/watchmen while the vigilante joins up with a detective.

The real problem is that we need to get organised if we are going to kill the werewolves. Another problem is that people who are civilians may not bother trying to lynch werewolves but just want to hurry up and get infected so they can kill the other werewolves. This means that the innocents may get wiped out and it will just become a battle between werewolves.

(Hmm, I still think that werewolves should only get a % chance of infection so their numbers wont dwindle or overcome ours and we will get more leads.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2008, 04:37:38 pm »

I can see how it will still work but I don't really fear the werewolves as I'm not gonna die and be out of the game if they do attack me.
But thats the point. We need to find out who the true detective(s) is (I'm not a detective D:) and make sure they are protected without risking the identity of our doctor/watchmen while the vigilante joins up with a detective.

The real problem is that we need to get organised if we are going to kill the werewolves. Another problem is that people who are civilians may not bother trying to lynch werewolves but just want to hurry up and get infected so they can kill the other werewolves. This means that the innocents may get wiped out and it will just become a battle between werewolves.

(Hmm, I still think that werewolves should only get a % chance of infection so their numbers wont dwindle or overcome ours and we will get more leads.)

What if the werewolves pretend to be the detectives or WORSE, they ARE the detectives?

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2008, 04:46:23 pm »

They can't be the detectives yet but the only problem is - if someone says they are the detective then they MUST get protected otherwise the next day we would have to lynch them as they could be a werewolf. Don't give up your role if you have one.
If they infect the Mayor - we are screwed.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2008, 04:47:06 pm »

Swiftfreddy, the civilians are the uninformed masses. Paranoid and weak. They are always like that within the game. A few civilians will likely be killed off early. However, in all the Werewolf games we played, at least we know the professions all the people that died. We don't know that here. We're going to have that same problem, Infection or no-Infection.

Instead, we have to observe people by their reactions and counter-reactions, then decide if that behavior is 'scummy' or not. It's a 'hit or miss' deal, compounded by the fact that most of us won't know if we killed the right target or not. And I don't think any organization will work, the werewolves will likely Infect likely voters and then eventually undermine the organization from within.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2008, 05:08:17 pm »

I'm just making up `What if` scenarios to pass the time until Squeegy is here.
I will have to go soon so I doubt I will be online when he RP's Pandarsenics death or when the next Lynch votes start to come in.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2008, 05:32:39 pm »

Heres an idea:
A(or more than one) detective checks me, and maybe a doctor or watchman, and we proceed in that method.

I know that if you trust me, I can help you, but nobody can trust each other yet, so we need a start.

Then again, a detective watching me could have been watching a more likely target.

Yeah, this is quite a problem. It could be assumed that I was drawing attention from the werewolves, or I could be telling the truth. The issue is that I know that I have a useful role, but you don't, and I could always be lying.

With no trust initially, this game has no perfect solution. Also, this post would draw werewolves, wouldn't it?

Well, it is a risk I must take, if we were to get a core group of clean people.
Eh?
Eh!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2008, 06:55:04 pm »

Ready to go to sleep?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2008, 06:56:27 pm »

Ready as I'll ever be.

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2008, 07:04:23 pm »

Im gonna have to go to sleep IRL in half an hour xD

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2008, 07:05:18 pm »

Why are we screwed if the Mayor gets infected? As far as I know the only advantage he gets is that he has two votes.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19