Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zustashustos, community fort  (Read 1240 times)

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zustashustos, community fort
« on: December 02, 2008, 12:58:45 pm »

The population of the fort is 50 and it allready has the basics, its my first sucessful fort. All you need know is the following.
Milatary
3 axedwarves
1 marksdwarf
14 recruits(Training to be markswarves)

Wealth 70 thousand.

I'm starting the tale earlier this spring, ATM it is 1053 mid-spring.
Please, i encourage you to pick a dwarf.

And so the tale begins:

The marksdwarf Urist walked through the forest near the east side of the mountain, as usual he was on patrol for the green menace, he set up camp near the river, he lit a campfire and got to work gutting the hare he had cought, just because he was in the army didn't mean he had forgetten how to hunt.

Suddenly he heard a noise and turned around, an arrow whirred past his head, Goblins!An ambush!Curse them! He took up his crossbow and shot a bolt at one of the 6 goblins charging at him, it hit a lasher in the arm, incapacitating him. As he was readying a second bolt, an arrow thuded into his arm.
He dropped the crossbow just as the goblins swarmed him in a mad frenzy, just as he was about to give up one of the goblins had his head lopped off, he turned around to see the sheriff all alone, the sheriff(Despite beng the best of the men) couldn't hold off 3 goblins attacking him and a fourth shooting at him. As urist scampered away the sheriff fell to his blows.

Soon though more axemen arrived, all 5 now. They engaged the goblins in a skirmish an quickly killed them, even though they lost two of their number.

As they rushed towards the bowgob Urist felt safe once more just as he was about to stand up, the gob took one last shot. a shot that hit Urist in the heart. He fell to the ground, thinking "At least we won" as he faded into the shadow.

Journal of Kib Zuglarsodel, Lord of Zustashustos
10th of slate, mid-spring, 1053
The ambush was a tragedy, and quite Ironic considering we had just finished upgrading our main entrance defenses.

At least in the future we will be prepared. we have recruited 14 immagrints to serve as crossbowdwarves. Though production is slow, considering all the stone(From a recent magma searching project) and Goblin crap to be hauled. In other news  We've trapped the elves in our "Death-Depot". Hopefully this will start a war, A war with lots of free wooden weapons for sparring!

What did you think?
We have loads of dwarves tio spare milatary and civilian.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:00:44 pm by overlordFT »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zustashustos, community fort
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 05:26:39 pm »

Gimme a recruit named Inaluct, please.   :)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:40:59 pm »

I'll be an axedwarf named Shoruke please. Male if you can spare it.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:43:33 pm »

Marksdwarf me thanks
Name:Flint
Proffesion: Merchant of Death
Personality: If you point Flint will kill it however outside of combat he is a reasonably balanced and somewhat intellegent dwarf...Combat just kinda sets him off
Gender:Male (if the marksdwarf is female then a male recruit will do)

ty and good luck with the fort

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:35:39 pm »

I'l take a dwarf:
Name: Rilder
Profession: Spear Dwarf
Personality: A loner, who's quick to anger and if you spark his temper, you better hope he doesn't have his spear on hand.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 05:07:03 am »

I'll be an axedwarf named Shoruke please. Male if you can spare it.

All the remaining Axes are in the fortress guard now, is it ok if your axedwarf is also a guard?

@Rilder:
I don't have any spear(Nor speardwarves) at the moment, though we have surplus iron and i can have a spear forged fairly fast.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 05:42:30 am »

If you realise what I'm making fun of in the first two paragraphs have a cookie.

Journal of Mayor Kib,
Mid-spring.

Project purity 2 was a failure!We didnt build the well in time and water flooded in through the channel!

I should have sent some poor dwarf in there to pull the level which closed the floodgate and provided clean water for the settlement but he would have either died a heros death in the chamber, or sent some poor Female milatary dwarf into do it.

But luckily we learn from PP 1 which almost flooded the entire fortress. we remembered to build doors around the well area this time.
In other news some Dwarves hve decided to go by new names.

In relation to milatary, Iron bolts are being pumped out in the hundreds!Craftshops across the city are carving out wooden bolts for practise. Soon my legion O' death will be unstopable!Guards are stationed along the fortifications in the great entrance, the bridge is ready to be lifted. The goblins have no chance agianst my army now(*Mad laughter*)!

I wish their were some goblins to kill :(
Anywho with the Wood furnaces making record amounts of charcoal, i think that the elves are going to be pissed(If they arn't already pissed because I sluahtered one of their caravans.

We have a new system in the fort, when goblins attack the Civs are ordered inside and the bridge is immediatly raised, anyone who wasnt fast enough is at the enemies mercy.

Muno syoan

• Bay Watcher
  • Victory dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:34:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, could I have a Crossbow wielding dwarf named Muno? Any gender, so long as it's in a position to get shot at regularly. The more combat action the better.
The use of violence is justified only under a tyranny which makes reforms without violence impossible, and should have only one aim, that is, to bring about a state of affairs which makes reforms without violence possible.
-- Karl Popper, The Open Society