Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mineral changes  (Read 2556 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mineral changes
« on: March 14, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

First, I'd appreciate it if worthless rocks like microline, alunite, and hornblende didn't trigger a pause. A status message is more than enough, espicially for non-colored rocks.

Second, as long as we have this detailed stock-keeper-finder feature, could it be upgraded to find veins you've already located? I hope I'm not alone when I say I like to spiderweb tunnels all through the earth looking for minerals, and then lose track of where all my ores are. Being able to go "Wheres my hematite!?" would be helpful.

invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mineral changes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 07:47:00 pm »

An idea I just had for finding the veins: mine out one tile and forbid the ore. Then you just need to find the one in your stocks that is forbidden and zoom to it  :)
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mineral changes
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »

Or: whenever you reach a vein, put a hotkey on it, then mine it out entirely without delay.  You baron's quarters can wait if there's GOLD to be mined.  Or copper, even.